CPC Small Crown Bourbon Theme (1 Viewer)

Sweet!

I can't wait to see the final product! Congrats! I am waiting on my chips as well. I think my 44MM chips should ship in the next two weeks, so that is exciting.
Yes your champion chips are such a fantastic idea. CPC rarely runs them. Maybe next time I'll have to steal your idea ;)

OK, enough people seem to want to see spoilers, so here it is! I'll go into the full history in my official post when the set arrives, but a little bit of background:

The tax stamp was originally used to show that that taxes on an item were paid. Transferred from the British to the colonies, early colonial America continued this tradition. As whiskey was stored in warehouses for a time before it was sold, the tax stamp was a way to show that taxes had been paid by the distiller.

The stamp took on more significance when the Bottled-in-Bond act of 1897 tried to ensure that America's official spirit was quality-controlled (much like what the FDA is used for today). By bottling your bourbon at 100 proof, aging it for at least 4 years, distilling it within 1 season by 1 distillery, and not adding anything else to it, the US Government ensured that any bourbon marked with the BiB stamp was of the highest quality.

My brother-in-law and I created unique stamps for every chip. Similar to any BiB offering, the rosette on the stamp is composed of complex, repeating patterns. The banner for the rosette for each chip is unique as well. The front displays a bourbon barrel along with a bottle to remind you that these chips were created, designed, and produced in 1 chipping season. They are, in fact, Bottled in Bond.

Clicking on the image will open it up in a larger view where you can see the detail. We printed the vectors on high quality glossy paper to ensure that the detail was going to be visible when produced by CPC.

cpc-bib-mockup.png

WOW!!! These are some of the best chips I have ever seen! I am very jealous! What a great job you did on these.

1612749313010.png

That’s how I feel about every one of the inlays! I honestly think these are some of the coolest chips I’ve seen. I love that the design was done as a “team” and there is a good personal connection to these chip. It made me want to create a set with my friend so that’s what we are doing!

That’s how I feel about every one of the inlays! I honestly think these are some of the coolest chips I’ve seen. I love that the design was done as a “team” and there is a good personal connection to these chip. It made me want to create a set with my friend so that’s what we are doing!
Thanks Duffy! I hope they come out as good as the test prints did. I'm putting a lot of faith in David's plotter, but from the samples I've seen it should be able to replicate the tax stamp pretty accurately.

We're currently in the process of doing the dealer button design. That's proving to be much harder since we have so much real estate to work with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom