CPC Set - Miller's Bar & Poker Room - Submitted Design (1 Viewer)

TKEUofM

Flush
Reaction score
UPDATE - CHIPS ARE HERE!!! New pictures below. :)

Alright, we officially submitted the order for my custom CPC Tournament set. This is my mock up from the design tool, I just sent David the Adobe Illustrator file for my inlay so hoping to have his official blessing on it soon on the artwork.

History - I love Michigan Football so I originally started with a Michigan/Big10 theme. I worked through probably 20 iterations over the last 6-8 months on that and slowly started moving towards a combo family/Michigan theme. Last name is Miller so my wife suggested incorporating the Block M and our last name. All poker events have been hosted at our house over the last 15+ years and I have always built out bars in our basement that our social life centers around. I went with H Mold as it's currently in the active order window and believe it or not, I laid out all the CPC molds in front of my wife and told her to pick one..... yes she did pick H mold as her first choice. She's the only female player in our group of 21-24 guys so I involved her in the design process (it also helped get the order through.... lol)

We play a T5000 format with blinds starting at $25/$50 so this should be a solid breakdown for our group.

$25 - 400 chips
$100 - 400 chips
$500 - 200 chips
$1,000 - 80 chips
$5,000 - 20 chips

The chips:

Final CPC Design.png

The Bar:
1628793777700.png

The Poker Room:
1628793689916.png

Chips are here!!!!!

IMG_2910.jpg
IMG_2912.jpg
IMG_2918.jpg
IMG_2919.jpg
IMG_2920.jpg
IMG_2921.jpg
IMG_2922.jpg

Thanks for stopping in!

Ryan

Last edited:
Sweet poker room. The customs will be cherry on top of it all.

Breakdown seems a bit off for the structure and the potential number of tables/players you will using the set for. Im sure other members more proficient in tourney breakdowns will chime in eventually. If not there are plenty of threads dedicated to the subject.

Looking forward to the unveiling of it all when they finally get into your possession.

Sweet poker room. The customs will be cherry on top of it all.

Breakdown seems a bit off for the structure and the potential number of tables/players you will using the set for. Im sure other members more proficient in tourney breakdowns will chime in eventually. If not there are plenty of threads dedicated to the subject.

Looking forward to the unveiling of it all when they finally get into your possession.

If we have a full group of 24 then I can start with stacks of 16/16/4/1 and it almost maxes out the $25 and $100 chips.

1628794672479.png

From all the threads I've read on Tourney breakdowns it still feels light on T1k and T5k for 3 tables. Let's call in an expert. @BGinGA

24 players puts $120k in play. I have $100k in $500s, $80k in $1,000s, and $100k in $5,000s.

My group loves bigger stacks so the table will be heavy on $100s and $500s for most of the event. We roll in the $1ks when we start coloring up the $100s. $5ks will rarely see the table, that's why I only got 20.

LOVE the chip design, especially T25 through T500. Top notch.

Excellent space (love the shuffleboard table) you just need to work on your decor....

I suggest the following:

View attachment 753319

lol.... when ND plays Michigan again in like 2033....... you are welcome to come and visit our tailgate, my treat on drinks and food. I promise it's a lot of fun. 55" HDTV, 3 Blackstone grills, and plenty of drinks and appetizers.

1628798668204.png

lol.... when ND plays Michigan again in like 2033....... you are welcome to come and visit our tailgate, my treat on drinks and food. I promise it's a lot of fun. 55" HDTV, 3 Blackstone grills, and plenty of drinks and appetizers.

View attachment 753326

Very nice! I love Big 10 football, such awesome gameday atmosphere. Our tailgates during my college days were off the hook, I'm incredibly thankful they were before the days of things like smartphones and twitter/tik tok. Very grateful. shudder

Alright, we officially submitted the order for my custom CPC Tournament set. This is my mock up from the design tool, I just sent David the Adobe Illustrator file for my inlay so hoping to have his official blessing on it soon on the artwork.

History - I love Michigan Football so I originally started with a Michigan/Big10 theme. I worked through probably 20 iterations over the last 6-8 months on that and slowly started moving towards a combo family/Michigan theme. Last name is Miller so my wife suggested incorporating the Block M and our last name. All poker events have been hosted at our house over the last 15+ years and I have always built out bars in our basement that our social life centers around. I went with H Mold as it's currently in the active order window and believe it or not, I laid out all the CPC molds in front of my wife and told her to pick one..... yes she did pick H mold as her first choice. She's the only female player in our group of 21-24 guys so I involved her in the design process (it also helped get the order through.... lol)

We play a T5000 format with blinds starting at $25/$50 so this should be a solid breakdown for our group.

$25 - 400 chips
$100 - 400 chips
$500 - 200 chips
$1,000 - 80 chips
$5,000 - 20 chips

The chips:

View attachment 753256

The Bar:
View attachment 753258

The Poker Room:
View attachment 753257

Thanks for stopping in!

Ryan
Nice space, Nice chips, Nice story! Congrats!

No inside joke that I know of! I saw that you had 3 tables and @Irish threw the perfect 3 table tourney for the meetup so I thought maybe he could give some insights!
Cool, no worries! The laughing face by the other guy threw me off. We've been running a 3 table tourney for 15+ years so we are pretty dialed in to a format and blind structure. Use The Tournament Director software for seating movements and blind timer. We start around 7:00 and finish around 1:00am ever time.

Cool, no worries! The laughing face by the other guy threw me off. We've been running a 3 table tourney for 15+ years so we are pretty dialed in to a format and blind structure. Use The Tournament Director software for seating movements and blind timer. We start around 7:00 and finish around 1:00am ever time.
Oh that’s awesome! Seems like y’all got it down already :) can’t wait to see how the chips turn out!!

Personally, I would reduce the number of 25s and 500s and increase some others. The 25 is essentially the blinds chip in the early levels so not really used for betting. And after that it becomes redundant and coloured up anyway. So you may be better off using a 12/17/4/1 starting stack which would save you a rack of 25. And you only need a rack of 500s at 4x24 players so no reason to get a second rack. I would then get at least another rack of 1ks and maybe a few barrels of 5ks. Then you can spread a T10k (12/17/4/6) or T15k (12/17/4/6/1) if you want to in the future.

T25 - 300 chips
T100 - 400 chips
T500 - 100 chips
T1,000 - 200 chips
T5,000 - 100 chips

You could also drop a rack of 100 (12/12/5/1) but you said you like to have lots of chips on the table...

Also, I would order 5 extras of each chip - nothing more annoying than losing one and having to stare at a 99 chip rack for the rest of your life.

Also, I would order 5 extras of each chip - nothing more annoying than losing one and having to stare at a 99 chip rack for the rest of your life.
CPC gives you a few extras for every hundred you order.

Don't count on it. Yes there are extras made for quality assurance etc and some may come to you but it's not guaranteed.
I have 2,500 Rounders that I put together through 3 different orders and every order had 1-2 extras per denomination in a separate box. Pretty confident they would do the same for a custom set.

Do you have a color sample set? Any concern about dirty stacks with the 25 and 500? I don't think there will be, but its a question I always like answered before spending this much loot on a set.

Do you have a color sample set? Any concern about dirty stacks with the 25 and 500? I don't think there will be, but its a question I always like answered before spending this much loot on a set.
Yeah, got the full color sample. $25 is dayglo green base and it stands out pretty well from anything darker.

Here are the base colors next to each other. The picture doesn’t do the dayglo justice for how bright they are in person.

6F3EC308-E7A5-46AB-964B-61C603312D08.jpeg

If this has been asked and answered already, sorry. I didn't read all of the posts. Why two denominations on each chip? I would want larger graphics for more detail.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom