Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipps

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Since I am new here and looking for a poker set for home, I am looking for some samples.
Does anyone has some CPC samples for sale?
I want to feel the quality of the chips and see if they can be relabeled (or if the inlay still shows when a new sticker label is put on)

I'm from Belgium, so EU shipment are a bit easier, but I will also pay for shipment coming from the US.

Thx!

Most CPC molds won't be good for over labeling. Milling blanks/hot stamps or murdering (removing the inlay) are recommended approaches.

Relabeling over a hot stamp can be done?
I would have thought it would be more difficult.
Thx for the tips!

Hi
Let me know if you're still interested.
I have 4 different sample sets on different molds sitting around here in Germany.
Cheers
Chris

Ideally to do custom labels well, you need a recess for the label to sit in. This is accomplished by removing the existing inlay or milling a hot stamp. Both options have their pros and cons.

Removal of inlay can sometimes be difficult and time consuming. I have removed a ton of labels from Paulson chips ( some easy some very difficult ) but never tried removing an inlay from a CPC chip. I have seen where others have with mixed some results. I'm sure if you search this site you can find examples.

Milling I think is easier, but then again I have invested a lot of time and money getting the proper tools and learning a good technique to mill. Now I can mill a rack of chips in like 40ish minutes. But that took a lot of trial and error and I sacrificed a lot chips to get to this point. If you are not inclined to mill yourself, myself or others here can do it for you, for a fee. But that then adds expense to building your set.

As for getting samples, YES! That is probably the first and most important rule to chipping and building a set. Samples, samples, samples. You can order samples direct from CPC of any of their stock designs as well as a color sample. I would highly recommend if you are going to design and purchase a custom set to get the color sample, or borrow one. There is not comparison to having the actual chip colors in hand vs seeing them on a screen.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom