CPC Samples Vs. Actual Order (1 Viewer)

GATZBY

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi All,
Looking into getting some custom CPC chips this year so I ended up ordering a sample set of Rounders Scroll Mold for reference. The chips are amazing, but was wondering if the sample chips have flaws compared to actual orders?

The reason I'm asking is because on almost all of the inlays there isn't really any clean edges? (except the 500)

Let me know your thoughts when it comes to your purchases.

Thanks again
A56E1445-FF80-4D55-984B-C2A5238B5BD4.jpeg

You made me go back and look at mine because I never noticed any inlays like that, but never really looked.
Don't see any of that on mine.

20191217_035758146_iOS.jpg

After looking through 3 racks of samples on different molds it only appears on 3 different molds I could see HHR E&C and Scroll...all of which have textured inlays. And only noticeable on white inlays. The rounders are by far the worst of those, I believe they were also the first chip produced on the scroll mold (at least mine were)...the other two molds would not have been noticable if I weren't looking for it.

To my knowledge this is caused by the pressing and happens with the more textured moulds. A mould, hourglass, scroll and to a VERY minor extent, HHR which is far less obvious. It is non-existent on the crowns, fdl, jockey, csquare and diasquare.
But by no means is it a defect. It’s just part of the process. I’m also sure that the material is actually sitting atop the inlay and can be removed with your nail or over time with good use.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 159
Thanks for all the info guys. Definitely helpful.

Looks like I'll have to order a couple more sample sets to see really pinpoint what I want to pull the trigger on.

I know you got your answer, but it is definitely extra clay on the inlay. It is very prevalent on my A Mold chips.
1kExtraClay.jpg

Is CPC still working during this trying time? Or should I assume not? Didn’t see anything on their website for purchases/orders for new sample sets etc.

Is CPC still working during this trying time? Or should I assume not? Didn’t see anything on their website for purchases/orders for new sample sets etc.
They are still working as of two weeks ago, I checked in on my sets and was told it's business as normal Sans some minor delays.

I just sent in an order. They’re running, albeit slower than usual. David said they are short handed and being pushed back by people like me who couldn’t make up their minds and kept adding chips.. :oops: :rolleyes: :LOL: :laugh:

so it's you bastards holding up my CSQs!!

I just sent in an order. They’re running, albeit slower than usual. David said they are short handed and being pushed back by people like me who couldn’t make up their minds and kept adding chips.. :oops: :rolleyes: :LOL: :laugh:
FWIW- my (large crown) order is in the mail, on the early side of the window David gave me. I have another order (B) in the works (should follow the large crown run). Pleasantly surprised. Fingers crossed on the next one.

FWIW- my (large crown) order is in the mail, on the early side of the window David gave me. I have another order (B) in the works (should follow the large crown run). Pleasantly surprised. Fingers crossed on the next one.
Oops- turns out the shipment is the second (B) order, which he slipped in early. So still working some magic!

Is it my OCD or are most of the inlays from CPC off center?

Hi All,
Looking into getting some custom CPC chips this year so I ended up ordering a sample set of Rounders Scroll Mold for reference. The chips are amazing, but was wondering if the sample chips have flaws compared to actual orders?

The reason I'm asking is because on almost all of the inlays there isn't really any clean edges? (except the 500)

Let me know your thoughts when it comes to your purchases.

Thanks againView attachment 427846

did you ask david spragg?

Is it my OCD or are most of the inlays from CPC off center?
It's your OCD. Most? No. Some? Probably. And not the only non-perfect traits you'll find, either -- irregular edge spot placement, width, length, and sometimes even color, or even a missing or incorrect spot or inlay are discovered occasionally.

CPC chips are custom individually-crafted hand-made pieces of art, not mass-produced indestructable plastic toys. If you desire perfection over magnificence, then clay chips are not for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom