CPC Rounders in CSQ Mold (3 Viewers)

RoyalBluff

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I know that there are older posts out there but it looks like there hasn’t been one for a while with this setup. The CPC Rounders is what got me interested in chipping in the first place so it is a must have set to start out my collection. I opted for the stock version for the fastest turnaround since it is readily available, and I'm happy with the colour/denom combinations. I originally chose to go with the Scroll mold but I'm glad I went with the CSQ.

Compared to Paulsons, the CPC’s are indeed a tad lighter but feel more solid. They shuffle about the same to me but with a higher pitched sound than the Paulsons. They do come chalky but a light wipe with microfibre cloth + mineral oil really popped the colours.

My only negative feedback is the known variance of thickness of the chips. One of the $25 barrels only fit 19 in the ChipCo rack. I may have to mix them around and make them fit. Overall I am very happy with the purchase!

This will mostly be used for 0.25/0.50 games with 8-10 players. I’m not sure if this breakdown will fare well with a 1/2 game, maybe short handed?

I hope this is helpful for anyone who is thinking about getting the CPC Rounders.

Cash Set of 600 pcs:

$0.25 x 100
$1 x 200
$5 x 200
$25 x 80
$100 x 10

I picked up a couple extra $500s just to have.

Chip Breakdown:

$40 buy-in: 8/18/4
$60 buy-in: 8/18/8
Additional amounts get more $5’s or $25’s

Last edited:
such nice chips ! fwiw i covered an 8 handed .50-.50 game that turned into a 1-2-5 game on saturday with almost the exact same breakdown...almost all chips were in play, but it worked...maniacs i tell ya “oh, there’s $3 in the pot? let’s open for 25” :rolleyes:

*should clarify, it was still a .50-.50 game, just played like 1-2-5

Thanks! It is a great set and we had the chance to play with them last Saturday as well. Like your group, the betting got real crazy. Glad to know that this breakdown supports degens like us. Worst case, I can use those two extra $500 chips if it really gets bad.

such nice chips ! fwiw i covered an 8 handed .50-.50 game that turned into a 1-2-5 game on saturday with almost the exact same breakdown...almost all chips were in play, but it worked...maniacs i tell ya “oh, there’s $3 in the pot? let’s open for 25” :rolleyes:

Hey bull.

We were having a “maniac” problem also. We adopted the Poker Star Big Game format of Pot Limit preflop and then NL post flop. Protected players both ways and didn’t bloat pots huge or have guys either opening 10x+ or shipping 200+BBs when it’s opened to $10 with a couple callers etc. Just food for thought.

Question, if I would use the same set for a legitimate 1/2 game, what type of add-ons should I do for 6-8 players?
i’m far from an expert, but i would add 2 racks of 5s, and a rack of 25. that’s $10225 bank. i like a lot of 5s on the table personally, rather than smaller stacks with 25s early on.

i’m far from an expert, but i would add 2 racks of 5s, and a rack of 25. that’s $10225 bank. i like a lot of 5s on the table personally, rather than smaller stacks with 25s early on.

That's definitely more than enough bank that we will ever need!, but hey you never know.
Thanks for the input! I do like more chips on the table like most of the folks on here.

Those rounders really look nice after oiling them. This almost became my first set, I never oiled the samples I got. I still really like the way they look.
If 19 in a barrel tilts you, it would tilt me; Dennis from KeyWest sells racks that are 67.7mm. I just got Chipco racks from ABC and they came out to around 67.52

The top is Chipco, bottom Key West

Those rounders really look nice after oiling them. This almost became my first set, I never oiled the samples I got. I still really like the way they look.
If 19 in a barrel tilts you, it would tilt me; Dennis from KeyWest sells racks that are 67.7mm. I just got Chipco racks from ABC and they came out to around 67.52
View attachment 254509
View attachment 254510
The top is Chipco, bottom Key West
Thanks for the measurements! I wonder if the Key West ones are the same racks CPC is selling on their site.
Actually only one rack of the $25 fit 19, the rest are okay. I'll mix up the chips and see if that helps first.

Last edited:
i am thinking of picking up a set of the rounders. Found that CPC sells them. They offer Scroll and CSQ molds. What is the difference and which is better? Which ones do you like best?

It was a toss-up for me between Scroll and CSQ. I could have gotten with either but I went with CSQ. Either way both are excellent chips. I'm thinking of picking up some more to grow the set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom