CPC RGB Color Codes / Color Matching Tips (1 Viewer)

MarquetteMonkey

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Apologies in advance if they are already out there, but I couldn’t seem to find it. Does anyone have the approximate RGB codes for CPC colors for color matching purposes?

If any designers out there have any color matching tips, that would be appreciated as well. I am only planning some minor color matching features, but would still like to get as close as possible.

Thanks!

I’m actually working on this. Not finished but do you have specific colours you are curious about?

Biggest tip is to have reasonable expectations on colour matching. CMYK printing has limitations with regards to the amount of the colour spectrum it can reproduce, and is a smaller spectrum than RGB.

I’m actually working on this. Not finished but do you have specific colours you are curious about?

Biggest tip is to have reasonable expectations on colour matching. CMYK printing has limitations with regards to the amount of the colour spectrum it can reproduce, and is a smaller spectrum than RGB.
Thanks! I am a novice in all of this. Teaching myself illustrator which has been a slow go but am stumbling my way through. I honestly don’t no the major differences between CMYK and RBG. I am sure I could make either work.

At this point I am only considering matching font color to base chip color and maybe some very small details to the edge spots. But those don’t need to be perfect given their small size, but in the general ballpark would be good.

We can take to a PM if easier, but the 5 main colors I would be looking for would be:

Dayglo Pink
Retro Blue
Mandarin Red
Dayglo Green
Retro Lavender

I know that Classic does not attempt to offer CMYK or RBG codes for their chip colors. ASM had some codes for the basic colors.

The issue is that the color will look different on different materials, so a chip might not be a perfect match to a color code, and printing on an inlay may not be a perfect match to a chip.

Last edited:
I know that Classic does not attempt to offer CMYK or RBG codes for their chip colors. ASM had some codes for the basic colors.

The issue is thay the color will look different on different materials, so a chip might not be a perfect match to a color code, and printing on an inlay may not be a perfect match to a chip.
Thanks for this info as well.

The upside is I am not trying to do a matched gradient or anything like that, so it just has to be close enough (I am still not 100% sure I will do color matching but am looking into it).

Perhaps a better question for @David Spragg but will CPC work with me to tweak the inlay to get the colors close?

Something I have started using is the color wheel which I remember from school. I am not especially good at art nor am I a graphic artist. I have found using this interactive color wheel so helpful when I get stuck trying to find colors that match well.

https://www.sessions.edu/color-calculator/

The issue is that the color will look different on different materials, so a chip might not be a perfect match to a color code, and printing on an inlay may not be a perfect match to a chip.

That's exactly it. Too many variables at play to colour match consistently. Your best bet would be to sweet talk them into matching manually.

Thanks! I am a novice in all of this. Teaching myself illustrator which has been a slow go but am stumbling my way through. I honestly don’t no the major differences between CMYK and RBG. I am sure I could make either work.

At this point I am only considering matching font color to base chip color and maybe some very small details to the edge spots. But those don’t need to be perfect given their small size, but in the general ballpark would be good.

We can take to a PM if easier, but the 5 main colors I would be looking for would be:

Dayglo Pink
Retro Blue
Mandarin Red
Dayglo Green
Retro Lavender

RGB is essentially for screen viewing, CMYK specifically is for printing. So it's not really a matter of making one or the other work, they kind of work hand in hand. Industry standard is anything being sent for print will be in the CMYK colour format. Good article about it https://www.xrite.com/blog/additive-subtractive-color-models

You will be mostly fine matching a font to the base colour. Even if you are a little off the white in between will be enough to trick the eye. That said, the simple fact is even if you know EXACTLY what colour you need, sometimes the CMYK gamut cannot reproduce it exactly. Dayglo Green is an example of that below. I could go on and on about it, but basically to get 90% of the way there isn't that hard, to get to 100% is where you really spend your time.

Those disclaimers aside:

Chart removed - full list here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cpc-colour-code-matching-list.52094/#post-983898

Last edited:
That's exactly it. Too many variables at play to colour match consistently. Your best bet would be to sweet talk them into matching manually.

RGB is essentially for screen viewing, CMYK specifically is for printing. So it's not really a matter of making one or the other work, they kind of work hand in hand. Industry standard is anything being sent for print will be in the CMYK colour format. Good article about it https://www.xrite.com/blog/additive-subtractive-color-models

You will be mostly fine matching a font to the base colour. Even if you are a little off the white in between will be enough to trick the eye. That said, the simple fact is even if you know EXACTLY what colour you need, sometimes the CMYK gamut cannot reproduce it exactly. Dayglo Green is an example of that below. I could go on and on about it, but basically to get 90% of the way there isn't that hard, to get to 100% is where you really spend your time.

Those disclaimers aside:

ColourCMYKRGB
Dayglo Pink0, 83, 5, 0244, 81, 151
Retro Blue99, 85, 36, 2728, 53, 94
Mandarin Red23, 100, 88, 15170, 24, 44
Dayglo Green*64, 0, 76, 076, 206, 113
Retro Lavender35, 71, 25, 1170, 99, 137

* Out of gamut warning - unlikely to match accurately
Thanks for all of the info! Really helpful!

I have a question.
I thinking about recreating Golden Nugget cash set from High Stakes Poker. Does CPC makes golden/brass color inlays.
I would need it for 100s.

112746.jpg

Not sure I’d they can print metallic inks. I’ve never seen it. Works be a question for them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom