CPC questions (1 Viewer)

I have this set on order now all made with the plain (25c) and level 1 design on the horse head mold. The horse head, my most preferred and also one of the least expensive mold. Your order will be made in que with more common molds and volume seeing your chips more likely produced sooner.....I was told 6-8months back in November for a 2050 chip order. Looking forward to a custom set of chips that fit the family pub theme. The difference of simple edge spot design and going wild with colours is quite significant. My design label is basic and simple, you can get very creative with full colour designs. To highlight this point this similar set done up with fancy coloured edge spots would cost approx $1200USD more than the simple set I have on order below. If you are on a budget decide on what games you want to cover with your set denominations etc... then choose and edge spot level and live within that limit. Splurg with fancy spots on your high denom chips that you will print less of, while keeping your more numerous chips more simple is also a strategy. I am so excited to have a small card rooms mountain of chips on order so will be swimming in chips by summer....

(CPC set on order)

View attachment 622340

A thought I had for secondary chips would be very much more costly..... over $1200 more, could be more I stopped adding once I got to that #
View attachment 622348

I still Liked the Secondary Idea so went in on a group buy and have these on order as well, with the yellow $20, being changed to grey like the CPC spec above for the final production. China Clay's with more exotic edge spots at about 1/4-1/3rd the cost of CPC chips depending how much shipping ends up costing in the end. For the China clays all the chips were the same price regardless of edge-spot.
View attachment 622351
Those are pretty cool

I have this set on order now all made with the plain (25c) and level 1 design on the horse head mold. The horse head, my most preferred and also one of the least expensive mold. Your order will be made in que with more common molds and volume seeing your chips more likely produced sooner.....I was told 6-8months back in November for a 2050 chip order. Looking forward to a custom set of chips that fit the family pub theme. The difference of simple edge spot design and going wild with colours is quite significant. My design label is basic and simple, you can get very creative with full colour designs. To highlight this point this similar set done up with fancy coloured edge spots would cost approx $1200USD more than the simple set I have on order below. If you are on a budget decide on what games you want to cover with your set denominations etc... then choose and edge spot level and live within that limit. Splurg with fancy spots on your high denom chips that you will print less of, while keeping your more numerous chips more simple is also a strategy. I am so excited to have a small card rooms mountain of chips on order so will be swimming in chips by summer....

(CPC set on order)

View attachment 622340

A thought I had for secondary chips would be very much more costly..... over $1200 more, could be more I stopped adding once I got to that #
View attachment 622348

I still Liked the Secondary Idea so went in on a group buy and have these on order as well, with the yellow $20, being changed to grey like the CPC spec above for the final production. China Clay's with more exotic edge spots at about 1/4-1/3rd the cost of CPC chips depending how much shipping ends up costing in the end. For the China clays all the chips were the same price regardless of edge-spot.
View attachment 622351
Very nice. I love the old school vibe of the HH mold. Your initial secondary design looks a lot like my original set design, and it was abandoned for the same reason. That 25K chips looks like at least an L11 chip

Very nice. I love the old school vibe of the HH mold. Your initial secondary design looks a lot like my original set design, and it was abandoned for the same reason. That 25K chips looks like at least an L11 chip
Yep, Prices go up exponentially once you start getting creative. Sure would be a sweet 25k chip, if ever they got to actually see play. 5k chips are mostly a novelty in my home games so never made a 25k for either of my actual orders........

Down the road I will either add-on to the original CPC set or splurg on a deluxe set when I win the lottery. Till then 2050 CPC's and 3575 China Clays will get the job done for any game I can think of for the time being. I prefer big sets that do everything to multiple specific purpose sets. My goal was to have a primary and secondary set for both Tournaments and Cash game (NL $ & Limit games, as well as cash chips for blackjack, etc...) with capacity to run both (tourney & cash) at the same time on multiple tables without having chips cross over between games that are from the same design family. Also a Primary and Secondary set would give me the ability to crash the chips in a game if I had any banking concerns and reissue full value in a parallel chip set. I ran a few games in the past with high end Paulson's but they were bought online and while limited in issue were still available so worried about chip security. Never did I have or notice an issue, but being paranoid is not fun when running a larger bank role in chip value.

Last edited:
I’m not big on ceramics. They do the job but I can’t stand the sounds they make. I have friends I play with that do some dumbass chip tricks that for some reason sound like a truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant
Check out ceramic hybrids -- ceramic blanks with a recessed center containing a laminated printed label. The recess/label changes everything.

Sun-Fly makes a great 43mm chip with 25mm recess that looks, feels, and sounds great for a relatively reasonable price for customs.

I hope i dont hijack your thread and it is ok to ask another question concerning cpc chips. I have recently received my mold and color sample from cpc. Now i realized that some molds are more "textured" (fe. B-mold, horsehead mold, a-mold, jockey mold) and others are smoother (fe. iamond square mold, small crown mold, large crown) and there are even some in between (fe. Circle square mold). Now my questions, does the difference in surface texture of the different mold influence the "look" of a color?

I hope i dont hijack your thread and it is ok to ask another question concerning cpc chips. I have recently received my mold and color sample from cpc. Now i realized that some molds are more "textured" (fe. B-mold, horsehead mold, a-mold, jockey mold) and others are smoother (fe. iamond square mold, small crown mold, large crown) and there are even some in between (fe. Circle square mold). Now my questions, does the difference in surface texture of the different mold influence the "look" of a color?
I'd say this affect would be minimal and possibly light dependent. CPC chips are made up from material batches specifically for your chips, thus colours of red may be ever so slightly different than red on another chip for example. Your set however will be the same I would recommend choosing by preference and or budget which mold you prefer. I went with the horsehead mold and a plain 25c chip and all lvl 1 edge spots for my personal set so I could afford the number of chips I wanted. Plus I really like the concept of a old school underground club with a simple label. (re previous page of this post for a picture). In the future per CPC emails on my pending set, if I wished to add-on or expand my set I would send in a set of sample chips to CPC so they can match the material colours. Just like mixing paint at the store its best to use colour matches....

I think the Chip creation tool does a pretty good job of estimating the colours. China Clays on the other hand well the colours can be somewhat different and in a way I think its ok to just roll with it for the low price of those chips.

I'd say this affect would be minimal and possibly light dependent. CPC chips are made up from material batches specifically for your chips, thus colours of red may be ever so slightly different than red on another chip for example. Your set however will be the same I would recommend choosing by preference and or budget which mold you prefer. I went with the horsehead mold and a plain 25c chip and all lvl 1 edge spots for my personal set so I could afford the number of chips I wanted. Plus I really like the concept of a old school underground club with a simple label. (re previous page of this post for a picture). In the future per CPC emails on my pending set, if I wished to add-on or expand my set I would send in a set of sample chips to CPC so they can match the material colours. Just like mixing paint at the store its best to use colour matches....

I think the Chip creation tool does a pretty good job of estimating the colours. China Clays on the other hand well the colours can be somewhat different and in a way I think its ok to just roll with it for the low price of those chips.
Thanks a lot, because i thought the smoother molds would maybe cause the colors to be stronger and was thinking it will influence my mold choice. But you are probably right i hope it to be a minimal difference if even. Your set is great i like the idea of primary and secondary. I still have a long way to go, dont have a concept yet, only kicking around some ideas. I used to not like the cpc color, but now that i have the color sample they really grow on me. But the hardest choice i think is the mold. I guess if i go down the route of custom cpc i will go all out on the spot colors and levels, because i think it will be a once in a lifetime thing for me.

Thanks a lot, because i thought the smoother molds would maybe cause the colors to be stronger and was thinking it will influence my mold choice. But you are probably right i hope it to be a minimal difference if even. Your set is great i like the idea of primary and secondary. I still have a long way to go, dont have a concept yet, only kicking around some ideas. I used to not like the cpc color, but now that i have the color sample they really grow on me. But the hardest choice i think is the mold. I guess if i go down the route of custom cpc i will go all out on the spot colors and levels, because i think it will be a once in a lifetime thing for me.
I wanted a custom set for years but couldn't really think of a theme or name. The options are incredible and so many variants of images and styles for inspiration can be found in the galleries on this site. Some folks have a talent to create beautiful pieces of art with poker chips.

My advice is think of a nickname, theme or aspect of your life that is important represents you or your concept of life, gaming or whatever else.

To me The Sloth Club, represent the ability to participate in activity that has no benefit but the enjoyment of the activity through the act of sloth and not doing something more productive....the Sloth Club in my family has been a synonymous term for having some friends over for drinks in the garage, kitchen or other rooms, tents etc...with each being designated "the sloth club". The term originated from one of my aunts who has a beach house in Costa Rica (I know, its even crazier the story how it was acquired but I can't share that online lol) but there was an party at the house, then the next day after everyone had left several sloths entered the house and were found in an among the leftovers of the party.....the house became "the sloth club".....I went without any location information on the chip specifically because I wished the maintain the anonymity of the chip and the concept of them being a underground card room chip. Making the project personal makes them that much more fun since you are having custom chips designed for You!

Play with the CPC chip tool and see what you come up with....there are designers that can help with artwork. Pinsol13 helped me with the label for my China clay "sloth" chips that needed to be put on .ai files for proper imaging....The label of my CPC chips I designed myself with MS paint (i'm useless with photoshop, need to read up on how to use the app). David at CPC helped me get the design spec'ed out for the chips so they would work. I'm really looking forward to seeing the final product, whenever they are finally produced.

In the future per CPC emails on my pending set, if I wished to add-on or expand my set I would send in a set of sample chips to CPC so they can match the material colours. Just like mixing paint at the store its best to use colour matches.
Can you clarify that David specifically stated this? Many add-on orders have been made over the years, including two for my own custom sets, and this has never been done to my knowledge. What has been stated is if you cannot afford to place your order all at once that you should order in such a way that produces a denomination(s) during the same run and then order other denominations on a later run. Your set will take longer to make but at least the colours will be consistent.

Can you clarify that David specifically stated this? Many add-on orders have been made over the years, including two for my own custom sets, and this has never been done to my knowledge. What has been stated is if you cannot afford to place your order all at once that you should order in such a way that produces a denomination(s) during the same run and then order other denominations on a later run. Your set will take longer to make but at least the colours will be consistent.

I may have miss-understood but my understanding was that retaining the design files and samples could be sent to allow for colour matching for an add-on.... I ordered enough that I likely won't be adding on anytime soon, if anything would add some more chips of different denom's. I know the materials are made up for each batch so it would be possible that total colour match may be difficult to replicate exactly. Would probably have to clarify with David on that to be 100% sure. I thought it was pretty cool that I would have the option in the future. likely I ordered enough though

My understanding is that you choose from the colors they offer. Never heard of custom colors in clay chips.

If it's a tourney set you're after, have you considered Key West chips that @dennis63 sells? Below $2 a chip in nice, old school Vegas colors. And a bigger discount for PCF'ers and larger purchases.

If it's a tourney set you're after, have you considered Key West chips that @dennis63 sells? Below $2 a chip in nice, old school Vegas colors. And a bigger discount for PCF'ers and larger purchases.
So poker chip forum members get a discount at CPC?

A small one, yes. If you're buying in bulk it's a pretty noticeable discount.

I have placed 4 custom clay orders with CPC and have paid full price as per their custom chip prices as posted on their website. I have not heard of other PCF members receiving a discount from CPC.

I ordered 2050 chips and received no discount. I did however receive 2133 chips in total as each denomination had between 5-18 extras. All of the extra's are die set ups as there was one box that was of mixed chips with slightly off edge spots (slightly misaligned) and possibly slightly greater in width (they were tighter fitting in my acrylic racks than the others). These chips have long since been mixed into my set as the slight differences I believe add character to the hand crafted chips. So no discount be I received 83 extra chips so can't complain at all...That in itself was a pretty good discount.

I have placed 4 custom clay orders with CPC and have paid full price as per their custom chip prices as posted on their website. I have not heard of other PCF members receiving a discount from CPC.
The discount is with Dennis at Key West, my apologies. The quoted post was in reference to them as they were talked about last page. Long day yesterday.

This thread makes me wonder if it's possible to have the cost of the chip you're creating to be displayed somewhere. Not just the level. Something to display the additional charges like day glow base, bright white base rather than just showing the level.

This thread makes me wonder if it's possible to have the cost of the chip you're creating to be displayed somewhere. Not just the level. Something to display the additional charges like day glow base, bright white base rather than just showing the level.
I know that would be a lot of work, probably to program. But that would be so much nicer just to watch the tally go up as you add features.

I know that would be a lot of work, probably to program. But that would be so much nicer just to watch the tally go up as you add features.
Yeah. Maybe two versions. The current version and the NSFW - Not Safe For Wife version. So they can't look over your shoulder and put the kibosh on any prospective ideas. :LOL: :laugh:

I may have miss-understood but my understanding was that retaining the design files and samples could be sent to allow for colour matching for an add-on....

pretty sure that's for the inlay. it happened to me for my add-on - they recently got a new inlay printer so he sent me both my original inlay print sample and one off the new printer to make sure i agreed on the match, and i had to send the original back to him for his files.

Fantastic idea!

I know that would be a lot of work, probably to program.

Not really... and once the price tables are defined they would only need to be updated when there are price increases.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom