CPC Mold Poll (1 Viewer)

Which CPC mold do you like the most?

• Total voters
If CPC had just a bit more color and spot selections I think the possibilities would be really fun to see.

I mainly play with CPCs and I think they are great. Slightly light but very durable. They wear better than Paulsons for sure.

I would have voted for six molds if allowed -- all of the designs with an outer circle (A-mold, B-mold, circle-square, diamond-square, HHR, and Jockey). Jockey and diasqr rule as far as feel/sound goes.

Hourglass, cards/dice, and both plain molds are probably my least favorites. Also not a big fan of FDL, lcrown or E&C.

Ive owned an hourglass set before. I really didn't enjoy them, they feel very light.

I would have voted for six molds if allowed -- all of the designs with an outer circle (A-mold, B-mold, circle-square, diamond-square, HHR, and Jockey). Jockey and diasqr rule as far as feel/sound goes.

Hourglass, cards/dice, and both plain molds are probably my least favorites. Also not a big fan of FDL, lcrown or E&C.

I do love the Jockey but they just look so similar to THC’s... I think I’d need a set of diasqr and small crown’s first before getting to the Jockey’s.

I like the sound and feel of the horsehead chips, but the appearance not as much as other molds. That said, if I ever do a Godfather themed set it has to be horsehead for sure!

Ultimately my choice would be theme dependent but there are a few I'd never choose with hourglass being at the top of the bottom.

I can't vote. Even three choices aren't enough. I like a number of different molds for various things.

I suppose I could nitpick and whittle things down to three...but honestly, that's just an exercise I don't want to go through.

I can't vote. Even three choices aren't enough. I like a number of different molds for various things.

I suppose I could nitpick and whittle things down to three...but honestly, that's just an exercise I don't want to go through.
Well, at least vote for scroll. I'm guessing it's your favorite, if you could only have just one. ;)

I would have voted for six molds if allowed -- all of the designs with an outer circle (A-mold, B-mold, circle-square, diamond-square, HHR, and Jockey).

Back when I purchased my customs from ASM in 2006, no one that I can remember ever talked about molds with outer rings, such as THC or the ASM/CPC molds @BGinGA listed above. If I had it to do all over again, I definitely would use a mold with an outer ring, like the HHR.

Last edited:
Back when I purchased my customs from ASM in 2006, no one that I can remember ever talked about molds outer rings, such as THC or the ASM/CPC molds @BGinGA listed above. If I had it to do all over again, I definitely would use a mold with an outer ring, like the HHR.

What purpose does the outer ring serve besides looks for CPC chips? I understand THC is more durable than RHC because of the outer ring.

Based on looks:

scrown
B diamond
Diasq

Based on feel:

B diamond
HHR
A mold
Jockey

I have to say that i dont like the way the jockey mold looks. At all. Unfortunately, it reminds me too much of some of the slugged plastic chips whose name i'm forgetting now

All scrown, all the time!

F15963F9-A3A4-40D0-A20F-ADDE04870D43.jpeg

Hope to have them in Jan.

For me its the clay composition. Feels light and a little cheap IMO but its looks so good that the feel might not be a dealbreaker if if i was putting in an order.
Does the CPC clay composition change based on the mold being used?

As an aside, I really wish that there were more 44mm molds available. I'm looking to make a set when it goes into circulation again in 2020, but I have major concerns about flea bites with the scroll mold. Though the A-mold is a lot more "generic", I guess I would describe it as, I think I'm going to make my set on A-molds just because of the durability factor.

Now, if there was ever a 44mm H-mold, or a resurrection of the Roman mold, I'd probably go broke, for real.

CSQ is my all time favorite.
then it goes E&C, A-mold 44mm, A-mold, and Jockey, the rest are on my ok list.

They’re so heavily textured. I couldn’t believe how rough are.
yes, textured --zoom in on those surface dots; but as for being too light I cannot say.
The even mold and surface dots made these very 'scatchy' chips.
I searched for my 'hourglass room' hotstamps but cannot find a one :(
Big regret selling those off. I think I planned to redo them with different spots and just never did (even thougt those white/purple & orange-/peach were awesome).
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...r0n-of-over-200-sets.13031/page-2#post-211948

This I think was the 1st retro-mold brought out by ASM for customs. Perhaps the 1st run was made a little thin (as I mentioned happened elsewhere).
I only made day-glows so they have no brass. So these are light weights anyhow
ephg.png

hgrstampos.png

Side trivia here: These EP black inlays on hourglass were perfection.
ASM had previously refused to do black inlays due to the inlay cuts making white paper imperfections/rings on the outer edge of the inlay.
I guess due to the paper quality and printing method of the time.
I believe these were the 1st ASM black inlays evar :cool

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom