CPC Mockup Challenge - California Love Edition - Nominations/Design (1 Viewer)

Sprouty

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Let's do something fun, again!

I am nominating 10 people for a mock up challenge. I will supply a small prize for the winner.

Rules.....

If you are nominated, you must either reply as "in" or you must nominate someone to take your place.

The theme of this challenge will be "California love" here are some guidelines.

Colors: Cali
Mold: Open
Max Spot Level: lvl 10
Inlay: Bingo Palace as provided
Denoms: Frac/$1/$5/$20/$100

The 10 contestants will submit their mockups to me privately and I will assign them each a letter and place all of them into a poll. The top four mock ups will then move onto a final four bracket.

To keep the fun going I am gonna nominate that the winner sets up the guidelines for another challenge, also the top two will pick out a new group of nominee's to keep it going and to get new people involved.

Anyway here is the blank mock up.

b9ef3f0b-a453-4318-bdd0-aec259004a5e.png

You can load it into the generator using this link, http://pokerchipdesigntool.com/?imp_sets=l6l9cgBX

Again the mold is open you feel free to change it up as needed. Also, I don't have any Photoshop skills so I basically took the inlays straight from chip photos, the frac is a hot stamp so I left it blank. If someone ends up creating an inlay for a frac please share it so others can use it. Updated base mock up, thanks Jeep!

When you are ready to submit you mock up please save it as a PNG and send it via PM. If anyone has any questions please let me know. I am not going to set a timeline for the design phase, last time I planned on giving it a few days but the contestants ended up being done in about 24 hours. I will give updates in this thread on where we are on submissions, once the final submission is locked in everything will be final and no more changes will be allowed.

The nominees in no particular order are;

@mike32
@moechar
@MarquetteMonkey
@Eloe2000
@CraigT78
@cpac54
@WedgeRock
@BearMetal
@megarises
@wonderpuddle

Voting poll now up https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ition-poll-fixed-the-poll.81247/#post-1663879

Last edited:
Let's do something fun, again!

I am nominating 10 people for a mock up challenge. I will supply a small prize for the winner.

Rules.....

If you are nominated, you must either reply as "in" or you must nominate someone to take your place.

The theme of this challenge will be "California love" here are some guidelines.

Colors: Cali
Mold: Open
Max Spot Level: lvl 10
Inlay: Bingo Palace as provided
Denoms: Frac/$1/$5/$20/$100

The 10 contestants will submit their mockups to me privately and I will assign them each a letter and place all of them into a poll. The top four mock ups will then move onto a final four bracket.

To keep the fun going I am gonna nominate that the winner sets up the guidelines for another challenge, also the top two will pick out a new group of nominee's to keep it going and to get new people involved.

Anyway here is the blank mock up.

View attachment 799644

You can load it into the generator using this link, http://pokerchipdesigntool.com/?imp_sets=l6l9cgBX

Again the mold is open you feel free to change it up as needed. Also, I don't have any Photoshop skills so I basically took the inlays straight from chip photos, the frac is a hot stamp so I left it blank. If someone ends up creating an inlay for a frac please share it so others can use it. Updated base mock up, thanks Jeep!

When you are ready to submit you mock up please save it as a PNG and send it via PM. If anyone has any questions please let me know. I am not going to set a timeline for the design phase, last time I planned on giving it a few days but the contestants ended up being done in about 24 hours. I will give updates in this thread on where we are on submissions, once the final submission is locked in everything will be final and no more changes will be allowed.

The nominees in no particular order are;

@mike32
@moechar
@MarquetteMonkey
@Eloe2000
@CraigT78
@cpac54
@WedgeRock
@BearMetal
@megarises
@wonderpuddle

Would it help for consistency if we all used the darker grey background?

I assume we should leave the chip details display turned on?

In! As long as I have a day or so to get them done; today's kinda shot for me already.

A few quick questions:
  • Do you care more about screen colors to represent what we're thinking, or should we go with a CPC color set choice (even if it means the screen mockup isn't as nice, but the real life colors would be). My guess is go screen-based since not everyone has a CPC color set and since the vote will be via a screen image of the mockup.
  • As far as colors go, Cali isn't a "strict standard" right? We have a little leeway?

In! As long as I have a day or so to get them done; today's kinda shot for me already.

A few quick questions:
  • Do you care more about screen colors to represent what we're thinking, or should we go with a CPC color set choice (even if it means the screen mockup isn't as nice, but the real life colors would be). My guess is go screen-based since not everyone has a CPC color set and since the vote will be via a screen image of the mockup.
  • As far as colors go, Cali isn't a "strict standard" right? We have a little leeway?

Personally I am going a bit more with the CPC screen colors, not the real life colors for the reason you mentioned and people will be judging based on the screen cap. But this brings up an interesting question now that we have the Paulson mock-up tool. You could do a legit Paulson mock-up comp.

Cali colors are pretty loose. You can probably find an example of almost any color at he frac or 20/25.

I'm not in, but I'll send you one for fun anyway. I'll do it after everyone nominated sends theirs so as to not mess the contest up. I'm home and essentially glued to my couch so as to not be far away from my newborn daughter, so I have time!

I'm not in, but I'll send you one for fun anyway. I'll do it after everyone nominated sends theirs so as to not mess the contest up. I'm home and essentially glued to my couch so as to not be far away from my newborn daughter, so I have time!

Enjoy that time! Also a great excuse to sit on the coach all day Sunday watching football and get credit from the wife at the same time :)

Enjoy that time! Also a great excuse to sit on the coach all day Sunday watching football and get credit from the wife at the same time :)
For sure. She's already watched hockey, football, baseball, and soccer with me. Last two nights of the Hustler stream too. She'll be able to hang with the boys when talking sports and poker, that's for sure!

For sure. She's already watched hockey, football, baseball, and soccer with me. Last two nights of the Hustler stream too. She'll be able to hang with the boys when talking sports and poker, that's for sure!

Pro tip: don’t tell the wife or the in-laws you were watching “the Hustler stream” with your kid. Just keep it to “yeah watched a sports stream” ;)

Last edited:
Pro tip: don’t tell the wife or the in-laws you were watching “the Hustler stream” with your kid. Just keep it to “yeah watched a sports stream” ;)
I just say "poker game stream". My wife sighs, defeated, and sits down and plays a game on her phone or reads a book.

This at least gave me an excuse to be on the design tool. But if I’m being honest I sit and watch football all day Sunday while tinkering with dream sets on it anyways lol. Good luck everybody!

A few quick questions:
Ultimately, it's the people who will be voting and it's supposed to be fun so I don't plan on being a stickler really. I don't expect to see Vegas colors however. So I'd say just use your best judgement and the people will vote according.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom