CPC mock ups (1 Viewer)

Martin

Reaction score
Hey guys just though I'd share some of my deisgns I've been making on the poker chip editor from classic poker chips. I have been toying with the idea of having the colours that are used as the base used across the chips to form some unity across the denominations.

WSOP inspired for the inlay, with my own variations of colours being used. The base colours are set, then for the big edge spot colour the previous base colour is used, for the small edge spot the previous big edge spot is used. I'm hoping with the colours used it will crate enough difference not to confuse the chips too easily.

19095089458_385ff8b533_o.jpg

Changing the orders of the colours

19102761539_ee17e75605_o.png

19290033925_b965ea4f4a_o.png

19263978366_5a6963d82e_o.png"

Something different. Instead of using two different colours, I have used 4. I have used the set base colour, the edge spots are then from the top right going clockwise the next 3 base colours. The small edge spot is then the previous base colour.

19284037562_31898363dc_o.png

Comments, suggestions, ideas welcome
:)

I've always (intellectually) liked the idea of a spot echoing the neighboring base color, but I've had to concede that it leads to more dirty stacks... However, the problem seems to be at its worst when there are four or more spots (your three spot design shows more base color) and when there are two colors shared (I played a set where the red had white spots and the white had red spots, and was surprised to find a myself with a dirty stack... But not really surprised.)

Your mock shares one color only, and the three-spot design shows plenty of base. I like it.

I don't like the four-color set, though; too busy. It becomes incoherent and the echo color is lost in the mix.

I've always (intellectually) liked the idea of a spot echoing the neighboring base color, but I've had to concede that it leads to more dirty stacks... However, the problem seems to be at its worst when there are four or more spots (your three spot design shows more base color) and when there are two colors shared (I played a set where the red had white spots and the white had red spots, and was surprised to find a myself with a dirty stack... But not really surprised.)

Your mock shares one color only, and the three-spot design shows plenty of base. I like it.

I don't like the four-color set, though; too busy. It becomes incoherent and the echo color is lost in the mix.

Yeah I had noticed previously that some stacks if two colours were shared it would potentially cause a problem especially with the 4 spot mold. Thats why I decided on a 3 spot mold to have more base color and hopefully prevent that problem. I dont know if it will work I just really like the idea behind it.

Way too many bright and day-glow colors for me, and I do think they'll get confused in stacks. That said, do what you like with your custom set!

You might want to order a color sample set (or two) from CPC to see how the colors see live. That helps a lot.

Oh...and I love bright colors in chipes.

You might want to order a color sample set (or two) from CPC to see how the colors see live. That helps a lot.

Oh...and I love bright colors in chipes.

1 Set are on there way!!! So excited to get them =D

I have been toying with the idea of having the colours that are used as the base used across the chips to form some unity across the denominations.

Comments, suggestions, ideas welcome

Don't do it. Great idea in theory, but seldom works well in practice. The more colors that are shared, the worse it gets.

Use your inlay art to provide set continuity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom