CPC Inlays (1 Viewer)

chipinla

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has noticed or thought about this.
I have 2 CPC sets in hand with 2 more on the way as well as Different samples from different sets.

Has anytime noticed inconsistencies with the inlays in the sense of textured or smooth? I’ve noticed some are super smooth and some more “textured” through different sets/molds.

Not mad about any of it. I like imperfections (if that can even be considered that).

Just wondering

Obviously different molds will inherently have different levels of texture, but variation does happen. Some of my ASM H-molds have a textured inlay on one side, smooth on the other.

Oh, and I have some Paulsons like that as well, so this is not limited to CPC.

Yes I have these on my ASM h molds and CPC CSQs. Most are textured, but I get the odd smooth inlays.

My understanding was this was due to the mold. I have two sets on CSQ with about 2,000 chips and don’t recall noticing any inconsistencies within those sets.

Depends on the mold. There are numerous cups within a mold; for some molds with more texure, one cup may give you a chip that's slighlty less textured than another. I've noticed some slight variations on my HHR set. The inlays for a few appear a bit smoother then the others. Not smooth and glossy like say an FDL mold chip, but less textured than the rest. You wouldn't notice it unless you were really looking for it.

Depends on the mold. There are numerous cups within a mold; for some molds with more texure, one cup may give you a chip that's slighlty less textured than another. I've noticed some slight variations on my HHR set. The inlays for a few appear a bit smoother then the others. Not smooth and glossy like say an FDL mold chip, but less textured than the rest. You wouldn't notice it unless you were really looking for it.
Ya not a huge deal at all. Just happened to notice it last night.

I see this in my H-mold chips, less so in my di-square, not really a thing in my hourglass set. Doesn't bug me and none of my players have even noticed it (not surprising... they aren't too observant).

Another thing to consider is the ASM/CPC cups are also quite old. I have collectible H-mold chips from the mid-1950s. My suspicion is the different level of texture on many of the CPC chips are probably due to the texture in the cup being worn down from use.

Yeah I’ve noticed that on at least a couple of different CPC molds and on some Paulsons as well. As somebody who values texture, it’s a bit frustrating. But that’s just how it is.

my 2007 ASM A-Mold had some smooth inlay textures…. My 2009 ASM A-Mold add-ons came with extremely rough textured inlays…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom