CPC Green and CPC Black = dirty stack? (1 Viewer)

Rakrul

Straight
Reaction score
The 25 is my work horse in my CPC set but I'm not really happy about it, or maybe I'm just bored with it. You can see them here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/official-home-game-pics-thread.4135/page-407#post-1673420

These chips were bought over 10 years ago, I can't really remember when but it was before 2010 when it was ASM. I think they're light green with light blue and blue spots. Obviously not a very good idea to use light blue with light green. I also realized they've gotten quite dirty so I gave one of them a quick wash with hand soap.
photo_2021-11-24_00-42-35.jpg

I guess either the color formula has changed or my chips has changed cause they don't really line up with the samples I got 2 years or so ago, but light green is certainly the closest.
photo_2021-11-24_00-42-46.jpg

Anyways, I'm thinking of replacing them, or secondaries I guess ;) but with Green as the base color and different colors on the edge spots. Initially I was thinking the same 614 spots with Dayglo Tiger, but the rest of my set is a bit ....discreet (?) and Dayglo Tiger is the opposite of that. Anyways, I'm a bit worried that Green and Black are too close to each other in color. I'm assuming someone here must have some experience with this and probably has a set with Greens and Blacks. If so, picture time!

Either the color balance on your last photo is way off, or you absolutely need a new color sample set. The DG Green in that pic is completely washed out.

Current CPC Green and Black are easily distinguishable in good light, but if you have less than stellar lighting conditions it's not so easy. Other than Charcoal I don't see any viable alternative for black for a $100 chip, so i would tend to make the chips differ via edge spots then.

Your overall set may have muted colors, but the higher the denominations go, the better an excuse you have to make the higher value chips more flashy by means of using dayglo colors for edge spots. If you take DG spots for the $100 it should provide enough distinguishability if your original $25 is all made up of muddy non-DG colors. DG colors may especially glow under UV light, but pretty much any light source already makes them shine much better than the regular colors. Do combine color and shape - your $25 uses 1/4" spots, so make your $100 use either 1/8" spots (the double spaced variant is also fine) or 1/2". The more differences, the easier to distinguish.

Either the color balance on your last photo is way off, or you absolutely need a new color sample set. The DG Green in that pic is completely washed out.

Current CPC Green and Black are easily distinguishable in good light, but if you have less than stellar lighting conditions it's not so easy. Other than Charcoal I don't see any viable alternative for black for a $100 chip, so i would tend to make the chips differ via edge spots then.

Your overall set may have muted colors, but the higher the denominations go, the better an excuse you have to make the higher value chips more flashy by means of using dayglo colors for edge spots. If you take DG spots for the $100 it should provide enough distinguishability if your original $25 is all made up of muddy non-DG colors. DG colors may especially glow under UV light, but pretty much any light source already makes them shine much better than the regular colors. Do combine color and shape - your $25 uses 1/4" spots, so make your $100 use either 1/8" spots (the double spaced variant is also fine) or 1/2". The more differences, the easier to distinguish.
Yeah, I already have a set from 1 - 5000 so I'm only thinking of replacing the 25 chip. The 100-chip is the one I have in my profile pic.

My dayglo green is really washed out. Does anyone have a newer picture of the greens? I'm a bit worried that dayglo green as base would be a tad too light though.

My set was made in 2011 by ASM. Light green and black are not a problem in low light. I spotted a dirty green stack at my last game (those fuckers know it tilts me).

View attachment 815952
Yeah, I already have light green and black, but it seems a bit overkill to order another 400 chips just to change the edge spot colors. :)

I don’t think base green and black pose dirty stacks.

1A00C884-1296-422A-9548-1137E5F2A324.jpeg

The peacock spots might make it close but imho not close enough.

Last edited:
Ah so that's how Dayglo Green is supposed to look like.

I'm not really sure what I wanna do. Here's my current set and since the 25 was gonna be the work horse I tried to make it the star, which kind of ruined the edge spot progression.
photo_2021-11-25_00-13-58.jpg

The 5k chip has (old?) Dayglo Green btw.

I'm not sure what edge spots I want anymore, I was thinking of this:
Atlantis-25-New.png

but it doesn't feel like it fits in and will crash too much. Then again I'm using blue(s) on most chips, which isn't necessary a great idea.

If anyone wanna give me some suggestions, I'm all ears. :)

Don't be too obsessed with strict technical edge spot progression... breaking this rule accidentally may look like shit, but breaking it on purpose can look good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom