CPC FDL Mock-up (4 Viewers)

It might be because I have been up for waaaaaaay too long and have been at work for the past 12 hours, but your sig is freaking hilarious Zombie.

Making a few more adjustments based on feedback. Still need to rework the blueberry (coloring is Mrs. Zombie's area of expertise). Brought in the text from the sides, lowered the "500" to show more pie plate, and put the T100 edge-spots at 10 & 4. I will need to run the ideas of the 5000 options past David for plausibility, but I think they should be possible. Thoughts?
CPC Clay set 3 Back optional 5ks.jpg

Making a few more adjustments based on feedback. Still need to rework the blueberry (coloring is Mrs. Zombie's area of expertise). Brought in the text from the sides, lowered the "500" to show more pie plate, and put the T100 edge-spots at 10 & 4. I will need to run the ideas of the 5000 options past David for plausibility, but I think they should be possible. Thoughts?
View attachment 2482

I like CC#3 best if it can be done. The light spot color goes well with the zombie baker's hat! Like it all! 2 samples please

HD

Chocolate

Super awesome, I like zombies and chips, so put me down for a sample set PLEASE!

Chocolate 3 is nice, that's my vote, if that's not available than Chocolate 1.

Last edited:
I like CC#3 best if it can be done. The light spot color goes well with the zombie baker's hat! Like it all! 2 samples please[emoji41]

HD

I think I agree. The little bit of white helps relieve all the brown

WANT to buy a sample set of these marvellous chipes, if you make them available. Awesome.

Zombie, those are GREAT looking chips! I really like the humorous zombie images, and they fit well with the chosen chips.

I will order an extra barrel of everything for samples. I promised Mike (Racer96) a set (for getting me into a comic convention), and Redbelly requested 2 sets, and Puggy and chipjoker each requested a set.

1 Racer96
2 Redbelly
1 Puggy
1 chipjoker
1 RowdyRawhide
1 Ben
1 cyberottweiler
1 Courage
1 JFCJ
1 K9Dr
1 spikeithard
1 Krafticus
1 BGinGA
1 CdnBeerLover
1 Krony
1 LabMonkey
1 Schmendr1ck
1 ceramicmike
1 johnnycnote

Now forming the wait list, if extras are available.

Last edited:
View attachment 2482

I haven't figured out what pattern CC2 is yet :p CC3 looks like something from Level 15 :D
Seriously, if patterns are possible, we will do them. And the prices/levels are calculated, not plucked out of the air. :rolleyes:

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Wait - CC2 is a double 3TA316, yes?

Can't wait to see that hundo and 1K chip in actual colors! I would love a sample set as well please.

I haven't figured out what pattern CC2 is yet :p CC3 looks like something from Level 15 :D
Seriously, if patterns are possible, we will do them. And the prices/levels are calculated, not plucked out of the air. :rolleyes:

Yes, CC2 is a 3TA316, and CC3 is a 6A14/3DS18

lol what is that an L7 chip?

First, these are awesome!

Yes, CC2 is a 3TA316, and CC3 is a 6A14/3DS18

Second, I doubt CC2 is possible as there likely isn't enough room to squeeze all those spots in. CC3 possibly, but unlikely as as a 6A14/3DS18 because the space between the spots in a 3DS18 is only 1/8" and can't accommodate a 1/4" spot. I suppose it could be done by hand using a 1/8 on each side of the 1/4 inch spot, but I would be scared of that level that might be lol!

It may be more feasible and/or cheaper as a 3143TA316 which would give you a similar look.

Sheeeeit... Of course I need a sample set. That goes for anyone who is getting chips from CPC, but especially this one. ;)

Knowing how anal Zombie is about game security though, I fully expect to receive mine with cancellation stamps on them. Bad beat. :eek:

First, these are awesome!

Second, I doubt CC2 is possible as there likely isn't enough room to squeeze all those spots in. CC3 possibly, but unlikely as as a 6A14/3DS18 because the space between the spots in a 3DS18 is only 1/8" and can't accommodate a 1/4" spot. I suppose it could be done by hand using a 1/8 on each side of the 1/4 inch spot, but I would be scared of that level that might be lol!

It may be more feasible and/or cheaper as a 3143TA316 which would give you a similar look.

CC2 was killed for the reasons you noted. I got the go ahead from David on CC3, provided they don't have to make too many of them. It will be a Level 9 chip, so too many won't be an issue.

Sheeeeit... Of course I need a sample set. That goes for anyone who is getting chips from CPC, but especially this one. ;)

Knowing how anal Zombie is about game security though, I fully expect to receive mine with cancellation stamps on them. Bad beat. :eek:

embarrased.gif

I already considered it and have it taken care of, in the UV spectrum so as to not deface the chips. Because I am that anal err... persnickety. And I can't bring myself to drilling a chip.

Recolored the Blueberry (now with 75% less eggplant), and front/back mockups now available. I know many feel the Light Chocolate will be lost with the Chocolate, but my oiled chips have me convinced otherwise. On El Nacho Muerto, I've tried numerous background colors and combinations, and none worked so well. On Jim B's advice, I did not want to exactly color match, because that rarely works out well. By color matching the text ring with a darker shade, I get a lot of fudge factor of the color not being exact - because it does not look like it was meant to be exact. The 25K however is already a very dark chip. Making it darker looked black, which was not matching the way the rest of the set looked either. Finally I decided on Nacho Cheese gold. Not just because it finished where we started (cheese), but because my original (current) Zombie custom chips utilized a golden backdrop.

Mind you, it's not that I am ignoring advice. I have made adjustments because of it, all for the better - and I thank you all for your help.

I realize that this means the 25K and the 5K may not be "favorite" chips, but I am good with that. The T1000 will likely be the workhorse chip, and the 25K isn't really expected to come into play except at huge events, or in the event of a rebuy frenzy.

So for your perusal and input, the Zombie mockups:
Obverse:
CPC Clay set NCt-BBc-CC3.jpg
Reverse:
CPC Clay set NCt-BBc-CC3 Back.jpg

Looking good, one thing I have noticed though is the inner ring seems to be off center with a couple of the designs. Mainly 25 and 5000. Could be a trick to the eye because the denom is higher up than the other inlays but just thought you might want to look into it. (Unless that is what you were going for in the first place)

Looking good, one thing I have noticed though is the inner ring seems to be off center with a couple of the designs. Mainly 25 and 5000. Could be a trick to the eye because the denom is higher up than the other inlays but just thought you might want to look into it. (Unless that is what you were going for in the first place)

You are definitely right on the 5000 looking off center, and the 25 may be off a touch. This is because the mock has an artificial chip base imposed over the inlay art. From a production standpoint I suspect this would be a non-issue, just a technical aspect that I need to iron out before sending artwork to CPC (including questions such as file type, RGB or CMYK, dpi, and anything that I might not be aware of.

You know how people always give you good advice, but you ignore it anyway? Change your smoke alarm batteries. Always get samples. Never eat spaghetti with a stranger. Print out your chip design first to see how it really looks.

Well, I am taking Mr. Ego out to the woodshed, and heeding all advice for my CPC FDL Zombie-Foodie set. Today I thought I finished the art, then I printed it.
2014-11-18 15.16.42.jpg
Everything is looking pretty good to me, but I may need to change the outline around the denom on the 5000 from black to white, and increase the radioactive glow on the 1000 to make it more noticeable. But these are things I see, after spending hours with the art and knowing exactly what I'm looking at. Is there anything else I'm missing?

PS. Stocky was right, and the inner ring was off center, on all of the chips. It has been properly adjusted. Good eye!

Such a sweet set. If you're still taking sample orders I'd love one.

Did your parents let you use the scissors unsupervised again?

Just kidding, looking great. Glad I mentioned something about the ring now and not after they were produced :)

I will post the final pics in 2 days.... Mostly because I'm getting ready for work, and won't be home for 2 days. That's a long time without looking at these...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom