CPC Daylgo Saturn or 'Pear Green' (1 Viewer)

EvelcyclopS

High Hand
Reaction score
Being in the process of building a CPC chipset, I've read a decent amount of comments that are lets say, not so favourable to the dayglo saturn colour - central theme is that it is a very poor yellow... I 100% agree. Its an awful yellow. See below, DG Yellow, Yellow, Canary and DG Saturn on top
IMG_7711.jpg

However, after receiving the sample colours, i'm really surprised how much i like it! Its a poor yellow because it isn't yellow! IMO CPC made a bit of a blunder calling it dayglo saturn and not 'Pear Green'... Having previously had a similar colour in my living room, i happen to know some nice colour combos that i'd be happy to have in my chipset (if it fit the theme :()

Imperial Blue
Charcoal
Black
Light Brown
Dark Brown
Dark Green

IMG_7710.jpg

IMO it's a poor color not because of the color itself, but the color combined with the material composition makes it looks plasticy.
This.

Some here have successfully used it as an edge spot, but I would never use as the base color because of the plastic appearance.

I really don’t like dg saturn but there’s one set that actually pulls it off. Works beautifully:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...wagon-wheel-high-roller-tournament-set.55260/
I think scrown colors look different than pretty much any other mold. There seems to be a shine and brightness to them that the other molds don’t have, and I think allows DG Saturn to be snuck in here and blend in more. I would not use it on A mold, HHR, etc. But just my opinion.

I think scrown colors look different than pretty much any other mold. There seems to be a shine and brightness to them that the other molds don’t have, and I think allows DG Saturn to be snuck in here and blend in more. I would not use it on A mold, HHR, etc. But just my opinion.
No, I agree, I wouldn’t dare use it myself and this is the one good example I’ve seen

It's the mix. You can't even use the sample as an good example, because of how it works against other colors on the edges.

Trust us. Plz. Plz.

Haven’t been around much for a while but one thing. If you are thinking about using DG Saturn the trick IMO is to design and utilize it as a green chip.

for the reason i stated above, IMO it should only be used as an edge spot.

IMO it's a poor color not because of the color itself, but the color combined with the material composition makes it looks plasticy.
This. I wouldn’t use it as anything other than a 1/8” spot. Love it in my P&P $5, hate it in my P&P T1000

for the reason i stated above, IMO it should only be used as an edge spot.
It can be done (as a base) but it is not easy and I think you have to be deliberate and purposeful in what you are doing. Also if you fail...it’s not good. If it isn’t perfectly right it’s probably not right at all.

I would like to see what those chips looks like under typical poker table lighting. I feel like DG saturn looks a lot better under bright lighting.
This isn’t without merit. The pictures make them look more yellow and vibrant than they do in real life. I’m sitting with a stack in front of me and for me mine work for the reason I stayed before. I designed them as a green chip. If they were supposed to be serving a function as yellow they would be a failure.

I do really think that DG saturn can be pulled off quite nicely as an edge spot with some combinations. I love the Aria's $1 chip and designed my custom sets 1's using that same combo. The DG saturn might not be a 100% match to the Aria chip but its pretty damn close. (grey/DG yellow, DG saturn)

If dg saturn is what the atlantic hot stamp comes in then this is the difference in different areas of my house. The more yellow light Is where i will be playing so is more true to how the chip will look.

IMG20210406211258.jpg

IMG20210406211713.jpg

I respect @Mr Tree's chip designing skills way too much to want to share my opinion on DG Saturn today. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Just remember to change those chip design tool backgrounds from DG Saturn to light gray.

You get a lot of mileage out of that gif. Each one much appreciated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom