CPC Custom Set (1 Viewer)

FatM

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello, and what lovely sets of chips you all have.

I need to be careful how I word the following, as I am not intending this post to be considered a request to sell or to buy...

I was interested in moving on to a custom set of cash chips (£). I'd idly put together a custom £/p chip design for CPC custom chips - I won't share the design lest it be considered selling or whatever - but it was intended to be fairly generic. I was slightly disappointed that a custom set like that is about £50 per 25 chips, assuming 20% VAT on the import, but that's how it is I guess.

Making it clear that *I am not soliciting any enquiries*, I just wonder has anyone previously done a UK group buy for this kind of cash chip set? It doesn't seem the cost per chip will go down with bigger orders, but there's a minimum order of 100 chips per denomination, and I wouldn't mind getting a smaller number of some denominations.

Again, I'm not buying or selling but, let's be honest, if it's a complete non-starter it would be good to know at this point rather than later...

…there's a minimum order of 100 chips per denomination, and I wouldn't mind getting a smaller number of some denominations.
Nah mate, you can order a smaller amount of a denom. It just means that if you order 400 chips, you get to have four different chips total.

Oh, and welcome! :)

Thanks - I started making my custom chip designs with very exciting spot colours, and grand plans to get that sort of distribution.

Then when I saw the cost I decided that maybe my existing 5s and 25s (of which I have a lot) might be sensible to reuse, and ahhh maybe fewer colours round the edge and suchlike...

I can't say I have a great need to get extra denominations, but who among us can say they *need* the chips they already have :)

Hello, and what lovely sets of chips you all have.

I need to be careful how I word the following, as I am not intending this post to be considered a request to sell or to buy...

I was interested in moving on to a custom set of cash chips (£). I'd idly put together a custom £/p chip design for CPC custom chips - I won't share the design lest it be considered selling or whatever - but it was intended to be fairly generic. I was slightly disappointed that a custom set like that is about £50 per 25 chips, assuming 20% VAT on the import, but that's how it is I guess.

Making it clear that *I am not soliciting any enquiries*, I just wonder has anyone previously done a UK group buy for this kind of cash chip set? It doesn't seem the cost per chip will go down with bigger orders, but there's a minimum order of 100 chips per denomination, and I wouldn't mind getting a smaller number of some denominations.

Again, I'm not buying or selling but, let's be honest, if it's a complete non-starter it would be good to know at this point rather than later...
BTW, there’s nothing in there suggesting a buy or sell offer. Nor would sharing a design and asking for feedback- that’s quite common and smiled upon.

Well, FWIW this is a first pass on a design that I thought would work as a fairly generic UK cash set, but I think it needs more work regardless (including basic stuff like consistent kerning, etc). What does Rose & Albion refer to? Don't ask me, felt like it needed a bit of generic UK flavour...

I've set up 20p/25p and £20/£25 because I couldn't yet decide whether I wanted to go with chips that more closely resembled actual money... I know people will have opinions on that!

I was also thinking of a different watermark/design for the 5p / 20/25p chips, but couldn't quite figure that out. Also not likely to order those in a hurry due to cost (have entirely adequate chips to stand in for those).

1659875852460.png

I’m super confused why a 20 and 25… seems like a waste of a chip.

Also, I would change the background in the chip tool to grey. Helps view a little better in my opinion. Is that DG Saturn on 5 and 20 also? I know a lot of people aren’t fans of that color so you might do some looking around for sample pics. Not as bad as an Edge spot but I’d never use it as a base color.

Also looks like one of your edge spots on the 100 is DG orange and the other two are Mandarin Red? And you’ve mixed and matched DG yellow and Saturn. Mistake or on purpose?

The 20/25 thing is simply that I hadn't decided to commit to either, but it would be one or the other.

Interesting points re DG Saturn - I am a total noob at this stuff, so that's good to know.

All the extra colours on the 100 are simply a careless mistake - thanks for pointing that out.

I think I'm also going to commit to 25s rather than 20s.

The font size on the name and London is a) really small and b) really close to the edge.

Good points - I confess I was hitting the limits of my ability to get Illustrator to do what I wanted. I can't stand that program. Will have to have another go...

(though tbh the writing was just to add a bit more interest to the inlay - maybe it'd be cleaner not to have any for generic chips)

(though tbh the writing was just to add a bit more interest to the inlay - maybe it'd be cleaner not to have any for generic chips)
If there is only a denomination and nothing else, that’s will be too plain of an inlay.

Felt like it defines the purpose of customise chip

If there is only a denomination and nothing else, that’s will be too plain of an inlay.

Felt like it defines the purpose of customise chip

On the other hand, if there existed simple sterling cash chips, I would buy them and not spend £££ on customs :)

You can consider doing your own labels to relabel too if that‘s the case

Just another suggestion for consideration

I considered it - definitely cheaper of course, but I just don't dig the aesthetic.

In case of interest, here is a small evolution of the design - going for super minimalist, and switched back to 20s instead of 25s.

I still detest Illustrator.

1659999846912.png

I might look at other options for the £20. That canary/green is very similar to the £1 white/light green.

Yellow usually pairs well with a blue, lavender/retro lavender, maroon, red, or darker green.

White goes well with a number of colors.

But playing with those might cascade on other chips.

Do you need a £500 and a 5p?

I might look at other options for the £20. That canary/green is very similar to the £1 white/light green.

Yellow usually pairs well with a blue, lavender/retro lavender, maroon, red, or darker green.

Thanks - will take that advice on board.

I'm considerably more likely to need a 5p chip than a £500, but a boy can dream... the main reason not to get a 5p set is the pain of how much more the chip costs than the value of it, but it's best not to entertain thoughts like that in a place like this.

(Actually one reason to get the higher value chips is perverse - despite being a cash set, I also wanted it to spice up a not-for-money roulette game, where visually distinct high-value cash chips could come in handy.)

+1 Canary pairs really well with dg peacock or either of the lavenders

IMO, no point in ordering custom CPCs with a generic inlay.

If it's going to take time to decide on a personal and meaningful theme, get a generic set that's re-sellable in the interim.

Get samples too!

IMO, no point in ordering custom CPCs with a generic inlay.

If it's going to take time to decide on a personal and meaningful theme, get a generic set that's re-sellable in the interim.

The problem is that I'm not aware of any generic UK cash sets (of any quality). A non currency/tournament set I already have.

The problem is that I'm not aware of any generic UK cash sets (of any quality). A non currency/tournament set I already have.
Oh right you want pounds. Atlantic Club CPC doesn't have a denom.

I recommend you don't rush it without a meaningful theme. My first set was "Steve's Card Club." It did the job but I was never really happy with them.

Oh right you want pounds. Atlantic Club CPC doesn't have a denom.

I recommend you don't rush it without a meaningful theme. My first set was "Steve's Card Club." It did the job but I was never really happy with them.

Yep, these are a great option.

E08C5760-0299-4153-AFD4-1B596DC1CF26.png

If going for minimalist, at least increase the font size for the denom.

Don't use these chips for roulette. Roulette chips are never denominated.

As a non-software guy, I actually found Illustrator rather intuitive and easy to learn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom