CPC custom set - feedback appreciated (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
as the title would suggest, any thoughts on my custom set? it will be hotstamped and obviously took heavy inspiration from aurora star tournament set.

Mine will be a cash set and be in the values of 1-5-25-100

Attachments

• d67f187b-5b00-4eda-a186-d3d16b29f97b.png
    d67f187b-5b00-4eda-a186-d3d16b29f97b.png
    334.5 KB · Views: 202
What denoms for which chips?

The black to me should be 100.

I would scrap the purple. To me purple is always a 500.

I don't like the blue. Kind of looks like some inspiration from the Jack 2 and doesn't look like it goes with this set.

I like the pink, but as a 50 cent frac. The edge spots to me also make more sense for a frac.

I think it's OK to get inspiration from sets, but I wouldn't flat out copy them.

I don't love the 100 there, especially since there is already plenty of pink. Since you aren't going with traditional colors, maybe try an arc yellow, dg peach, or dg tiger there? I always like their look next to more purple chips. I also am not a huge fan of regular blue and the set could also use a splash of green somewhere, in my opinion.

I did these real quick for the 1 and 100, respectively, but I would need an actual color sample in hand to have an opinion. Maybe some butterscotch on the 100 instead would have a better contrast.

index.png

Edit - I meant to use imperial blue on the 1 but don't have time to fix.

I would also throw around the denoms a bit. I like to have a progressive spot pattern with more complex spots for the higher denoms. I really like the blue and black chips. I would keep the 1 as is, or possibly peacock, do a arc yellow 5, use the black as 20 and then do a white 100

If you don't already have one, get a CPC color sample. Each chip is really nice, but a lineup with blue, charcoal & lavender base colors back to back to back is asking for dirty stack problems.

I don't love the 100 there, especially since there is already plenty of pink. Since you aren't going with traditional colors, maybe try an arc yellow, dg peach, or dg tiger there? I always like their look next to more purple chips. I also am not a huge fan of regular blue and the set could also use a splash of green somewhere, in my opinion.

I did these real quick for the 1 and 100, respectively, but I would need an actual color sample in hand to have an opinion. Maybe some butterscotch on the 100 instead would have a better contrast.

View attachment 786358

Edit - I meant to use imperial blue on the 1 but don't have time to fix.
Hmm, thanks for the feedback! Will play around with something for the 100, something with white and yellow seems to be the consensus, maybe some green

I would also throw around the denoms a bit. I like to have a progressive spot pattern with more complex spots for the higher denoms. I really like the blue and black chips. I would keep the 1 as is, or possibly peacock, do a arc yellow 5, use the black as 20 and then do a white 100
Thing is I want a Highly played black and that for my cash games would be a 5 or possible 1. Hence why I went with black for 5

Would a green 25 and yellow/white 100 work? I really really wanna keep the 1-5 (blue and charcoal, most played chips at my Home games)

Thing is I want a Highly played black and that for my cash games would be a 5 or possible 1. Hence why I went with black for 5
Nothing wrong with non standard colors. I would go for a bit more contrast between the two though. Perhaps something like this:

0167B07C-C7EA-4C7B-9DDA-4BE1E431C9EF.png

Or to not repeat the dg pink too much:
2509B551-D019-435F-ADD0-C59375E2B18D.png

08CD5EBD-E9BF-4FB7-B2E5-399C1FB822A5.png

In any case, be sure to get a color sample set and take your time and play around with different colors A LOT. You will end up doing plenty of tweaks along the way.

Nothing wrong with non standard colors. I would go for a bit more contrast between the two though. Perhaps something like this:

View attachment 786464

Or to not repeat the dg pink too much:
View attachment 786465
View attachment 786466

In any case, be sure to get a color sample set and take your time and play around with different colors A LOT. You will end up doing plenty of tweaks along the way.
For sure! Got a sample that I am playing around with. I like the orange on the 1’s.
Once my internet comes back I will do another iteration of the set with a new 25 and 100.

For sure! Got a sample that I am playing around with. I like the orange on the 1’s.
Once my internet comes back I will do another iteration of the set with a new 25 and 100.
I love non standard colours. Just remember you are the one paying for the chips so make sure you are happy with them.
The $1 chip is great and I like what @Eriks has done.
The other chips all look very dark. I would brighten up the black chip no matter what and I do agree that there is potential for dirty stacks.
Looking forward to seeing this evolve. Good luck

Alright, another mockup, I really wanted to keep the charcoal 5, its just way to pretty to be put to the sideline of being a 100 and barerly seeing play in my home games.

as for the colors, I decided to stick to a green 25 and a red 100 (out of the ordinary). The pure red is quite dark while the mandarin red is a little brighter. However, I kinda like the idea of darker chips with brighter edge spots which is the theme we can see in the other chips. Any additional feedback is appreciated. Will prob revise these again but I am quite happy with the look. But that could all change once I mock up the hotstamp.

that brings me to another question, how would I go about mocking something like that up?

Attachments

• Mock up 2.png
    Mock up 2.png
    440 KB · Views: 91
Alright, another mockup, I really wanted to keep the charcoal 5, its just way to pretty to be put to the sideline of being a 100 and barerly seeing play in my home games.

as for the colors, I decided to stick to a green 25 and a red 100 (out of the ordinary). The pure red is quite dark while the mandarin red is a little brighter. However, I kinda like the idea of darker chips with brighter edge spots which is the theme we can see in the other chips. Any additional feedback is appreciated. Will prob revise these again but I am quite happy with the look. But that could all change once I mock up the hotstamp.

that brings me to another question, how would I go about mocking something like that up?
The grumpy old man will persist with his progessive edge spot agenda and suggest:

8DD24002-F2F9-4E9A-9B38-3C52697E0E55.png

0318BE7A-100A-4C77-BE2C-2713014434EE.jpeg
First off, do what YOU like but since you’re asking, I’m personally not a fan of the tri-circle spot pattern with this set. Not even really a fan of it at all actually. But doesn’t feel like it fits here. I would lean towards something like this with whatever type of color combo you like. Then maybe try swapping the edge spot pattern on your 3rd and 4th chip.

View attachment 786793First off, do what YOU like but since you’re asking, I’m personally not a fan of the tri-circle spot pattern with this set. Not even really a fan of it at all actually. But doesn’t feel like it fits here. I would lean towards something like this with whatever type of color combo you like. Then maybe try swapping the edge spot pattern on your 3rd and 4th chip.
Thank you! I can't see myself moving away from the design as I just love how the aurora star 1's look, but I do agree that your mock up looks more uniformed with the rest of the set, also, my red 5 changed to the above picture

This is my latest mock up
That red chip is my favorite.

The blue I could maybe get on board if the base color was lighter, but as someone else said the spots just don't look right with this set.

The green doesn't flow for me. I know you're trying to have it like the AS T25, but I saw a comparison photo on here of someone that did the same and you could tell it just felt fake. I don't know how else to explain it.

The blue I could maybe get on board if the base color was lighter, but as someone else said the spots just don't look right with this set.

The green doesn't flow for me. I know you're trying to have it like the AS T25, but I saw a comparison photo on here of someone that did the same and you could tell it just felt fake. I don't know how else to explain it.
I have since then changed the blue to a brighter blue. as for the spot pattern, I agree it sticks out, but I don't know if thats a bad thing to me I personally kinda like it (but thats ofc subjective)

as for the green, I agree, it can never really look like the real deal. but I had to implement a green somewhow as otherwise dirty stacks was bound to happen most likely.

I love the red ship as well! if it wasnt so expensive all chips would have that pattern :p

I have since then changed the blue to a brighter blue. as for the spot pattern, I agree it sticks out, but I don't know if thats a bad thing to me I personally kinda like it (but thats ofc subjective)

as for the green, I agree, it can never really look like the real deal. but I had to implement a green somewhow as otherwise dirty stacks was bound to happen most likely.

I love the red ship as well! if it wasnt so expensive all chips would have that pattern :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom