CPC CUSTOM ORDER - REQUESTING INPUT (2 Viewers)

Muledawg

Waiting List
Reaction score
New to the forum. Recently reignited my love of the game, and looking to purchase a custom CPC set for our local game. Plan on adding a similar motif inlay to the rounders set. 6 denominations 25, 100, 500, 1k, 5k, 10k. Theme is rounders for 100's and sports (brownies) and college teams (in edge spots) in 1k's. Curious what folks think of the lineup? Appreciate any input. Plan is to use as a cash set and as a tourney. Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome!

Shall I do the obligatory chime-in?

"Always get samples"
"Never use the same set for both tourney and cash"
"Either eliminate the 10K from the line-up, or remove both the 1K and 5K and replace with 2K"
"Potential dirty stack issue between your base Green 25 and your Green edgespots on your 100"

To be brutally honest,
I don’t like your mock-up, the spot progression from 312 to 3v12 doesn’t work well.

If you go with such a close tribute you may as well go with one of the stock rounders designs.

It’s probably just personal preference but to me 3916 looks much better than 312 as a spot pattern.

Even a basic set of cpcs will cost you a pretty penny, so i would take your time, do heaps of mockups and go with something more custom. I went though lots of mockups and got lots of feedback before I settled on a final design.

Maybe work on an inlay and then work the chip colours in once you’ve settled on that

Your 25 and 100 will run into dirty stack issues.

You can resolve this by changing the edgespots to a 414 although I would think about changing that brown esgespot if you're set on the black/DG green 100.

Can we ask why you are using the same edgespots for 3 chips of 312?

Your 25 and 100 will run into dirty stack issues.

You can resolve this by changing the edgespots to a 414 although I would think about changing that brown esgespot if you're set on the black/DG green 100.

Can we ask why you are using the same edgespots for 3 chips of 312?

Not sure I completely understand the dirty stack issue, but the 3 chips in 100s and 3 1ks could be used independently was my thought process, so was thinking of keeping them the same pattern for easy recognition and progression in denomination (1ks with more complicated pattern). Saw the light green with chocolate in another post and liked the way they looked.

I agree with all of what's been posted here already.

Your 25 and 100 have dirty stack potential that can be resolved by either changing the edge spot colors, or changing the edge spot pattern to something like 414 where the base color is much more dominant in each chip.

1k, 5k, and 10k is unnecessary, IMO. I'd either eliminate the 10k, or combine the 1k and 5k into a 2k.

I agree with @Perthmike that it's probably best to work on an inlay and then progress with chip colors/patterns from there.

And of course, the obligatory, don't use the same set for cash and tournaments.

I don't care for the spot progression of 312 into 3V12. I'd prefer them all the same, or a more natural progression (quick just-for-shits example below - 25, 100, 500, 1k, 5k).

"Dirty stack" - how likely is it that two (or more) chips, if mixed up in a stack and looked at from the side, will all be mistaken for the same denomination chip. It tends to happen when your two base colours are both solid but very similar to each other, or you use large edgespots that are a similar colour to a base colour if another chip. Tends not to happen when you use a large diversity of base colours, edge spots, and separate any similar colour use further than 2 sequential denominations apart.

"Dirty stack" - how likely is it that two (or more) chips, if mixed up in a stack and looked at from the side, will all be mistaken for the same denomination chip. It tends to happen when your two base colours are both solid but very similar to each other, or you use large edgespots that are a similar colour to a base colour if another chip. Tends not to happen when you use a large diversity of base colours, edge spots, and separate any similar colour use further than 2 sequential denominations apart.
This is an example of a dirty stack issue. The $5's and $25's blended together. I had to re-make my $25's to solve the problem.

I liked cantspells quick mock. Thank you for that! I agree, was struggling to justify the 10k chip. New mock below with several options for the 5k chip, let's hear everyone's thoughts. I think the progression is much cleaner in this set. Inlay will be same motif as rounders, replacing bear with a fox, and est. 2018 under the denomination. Thanks again to everyone who responded.

Attachments

• 83cc0faa-67b6-47c6-bf80-65e8afa6463a.png
    83cc0faa-67b6-47c6-bf80-65e8afa6463a.png
    506.7 KB · Views: 167
I like the light blue or imperial blue.
I do wish there was an option to insert another chip into the stack to help with dirty stack issues. I don't think there would be any issues, but if you used the maroon 5k, it might blend with the orange in certain light or circumstances. Anyway, the blues pop more.

@Muledawg In the mock up tool put the stock white inlay on the chips. It will change how they look a lot.

Edit: quoted wrong person

Last edited:
Reactions: Nex
If your structure and player count justifies it, perhaps add a 25k? Then you're back to 6 denoms.
If it's not justified, I'd say add it anyway :whistle: :whistling:

And if you want to make quick friends around here swap either the 314 on the $100 or the 414 on the $500 to a tri moon :whistle: :whistling:

It’s been said enough, but get a color sample set!!

I just placed an order last month, but I had been playing with ideas on the chip designer for years. A lot of those ideas changed once I had colors in hand

Reactions: Nex
As for feedback, I absolutely love the rounders 100 color. I started there too, and also had the light green / chocolate 25! I used the tri moon and was still worried about dirty stacks, so I changed the 100. With using 214 and 314 you’d probably be fine since it’s a lot less area

I can now see why there are so many of these posts haha. I am driving myself, the wife and my kids crazy with this decision. I think? i am down to these final two design themes. I did get some rounders samples, and spent hours looking at various photos and options for different color combos, so i think i am happy with the main chip colors; very hard to determine how the spots will look however, at least for me. Leaning towards the first 5 in first theme. Second I like both ugh. Decisions decisions. Thanks again for all the support, I definitely appreciate it after this process ha.

Browns could be good next year
Browns chip could be good, get color samples

I can now see why there are so many of these posts haha. I am driving myself, the wife and my kids crazy with this decision. I think? i am down to these final two design themes. I did get some rounders samples, and spent hours looking at various photos and options for different color combos, so i think i am happy with the main chip colors; very hard to determine how the spots will look however, at least for me. Leaning towards the first 5 in first theme. Second I like both ugh. Decisions decisions. Thanks again for all the support, I definitely appreciate it after this process ha.

View attachment 260845

View attachment 260846
The top set is a little too close to a custom set that's already been done.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-metronome.20836/

Last edited:
Leaning towards the following setup. 25, 100, 500, 1000, 5000

chips.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom