CPC custom order - did you sell other chips? Did you regret it? (1 Viewer)

toothpic

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you who have already made a custom set of CPC chips, did you sell one or several of your other chip sets to fund the new purchase? Did you regret selling them? What sets did you sell?

I'm getting close to a version of my custom set which I look at every day and say "Damn those are some nice chips.". I can't justify having so may cash sets so will likely sell one or two to fund the final purchase. I'm wondering if that would be a mistake and if I'll have seller's remorse.

My sets
  • PNY cash set
  • Aurora Star cash set
  • Abiatta group by cash set (I don't even have these yet and I'm already thinking of another set!)
  • Started a small collection of THC chips I may mill and custom label or might go the hot stamp route (which preserves some chips)
Pretty sure I'd regret selling either of the top two sets so they will be the last to go.
I only own one tournament set and don't play tournaments much.

For those of you who have already made a custom set of CPC chips, did you sell one or several of your other chip sets to fund the new purchase? Did you regret selling them? What sets did you sell?
Yes
Yes
These:
1594075165184.png

I actually started by making custom CPCs.
I never owned many other sets I liked because of this, but I don't regret it.
I made also a THC relabel set and sold a Paulson Pharaoh and a RHC set.

I don't know which set I would sell in your shoes; YMMV.
I don't like PNY labels, but apparently you do:)
A plastic (or non-clay, or anyway cheaper) set is always useful for travel purposes, especially rural (or for big, multi-table tournament purposes).

I’m so close to being in this same boat. My only cash set are my JACKs chips and I am struggling with the thought of selling them off. But, that’s the only way I’d be able to afford the CPC set. I feel like I’d be a lot more connected to a custom set. I can’t make up my mind.

I actually started by making custom CPCs.
I never owned many other sets I liked because of this, but I don't regret it.
I made also a THC relabel set and sold a Paulson Pharaoh and a RHC set.

I don't know which set I would sell in your shoes; YMMV.
I don't like PNY labels, but apparently you do:)
A plastic (or non-clay, or anyway cheaper) set is always useful for travel purposes, especially rural (or for big, multi-table tournament purposes).

PNYs and Vineyards are my favorite grand inlays. I mean, just take a look how great they look together!
IMG_0327.JPG

I’m so close to being in this same boat. My only cash set are my JACKs chips and I am struggling with the thought of selling them off. But, that’s the only way I’d be able to afford the CPC set. I feel like I’d be a lot more connected to a custom set. I can’t make up my mind.
Part of me wants to be reasonable and only buy and keep whatever I can put into play rotation. The other part of me thinks about how difficult it would be to later try to recover the set.

I sold my Antique Rose set to fund my Cactus Pete's set. I regret nothing, and the Antique Rose set is amazing.... But the time was worth the effort...
It's like letting go of an old relationship so you can move on to a new one. Except with chips you can have more than one and not get into trouble.

I sold a few sets to help fund my custom set. The largest set was Cleveland Horseshoe cash set.

I don’t regret selling any of them to get my custom set.

I ended up buying another Horseshoe set later on and sold it too.

if selling is the only way to get your custom set I’d list them tonight!!

Now is a good time to sell anyways, most of us aren’t having home games anyways so they aren’t even getting used.

Any way I can shake one of those PNY $1 singles from you?
I sent one or two to Sheik previously. I'll have to double check again but I think all my racks are full right now without any left overs.

You must have one hell of a big cash game if you need all of those $25’s.
Most of our games are 0.25/0.50 so they don't get into play. Once in a long while we play with a group which plays a bit bigger. Had two racks in play a couple times. I actually sold two racks of secondary and replaced them with primaries since that picture was taken.

Most of our games are 0.25/0.50 so they don't get into play. Once in a long while we play with a group which plays a bit bigger. Had two racks in play a couple times. I actually sold two racks of secondary and replaced them with primaries since that picture was taken.

The most 25's I have ever had in play at a one table game was a barrel and a half. Yet I still buy them by the racks lol.

I sold off my first set of Paulson's (HS Cincy) to fund my 44mm customs. I don't even have them yet, but I have no regrets about it. I don't need two RHC cash sets with the Jack's that I have.

The most 25's I have ever had in play at a one table game was a barrel and a half. Yet I still buy them by the racks lol.
Our games are at a buddy's house which is more central to everyone, plus he's single so easier to host. I always bring my chips and used to carry around 500 chips (100 - quarters, 200 - 1s, 240 - 5s, 60 - 25s). One time we invited a few new guys and the game changed drastically. I was down to one barrel of 25s at the end of the night in a 0.25/0.50 game. After that I started carrying more chips around.

As we played more through the years everyone got better and more comfortable with buying in bigger or more often so I now carry around 800 chips. Having a lot of 5s on the table is just more fun so I tend to stock more 5s (3-4 racks).

I sold off my PNYs to fund my CPC set. I have no regrets selling the PNYs. I spent 10 wonderful years with them, but was ready to move on to new adventures. And the CPC set was beautiful and I really enjoyed creating it. However, I subsequently discovered something about myself that may or may not apply to others. I was left without any Paulsons, and suddenly realized I just couldn't stand that. As nice as the CPCs were, they became neglected as I went in search of a Paulson set.

I sold off my first set of Paulson's (HS Cincy) to fund my 44mm customs. I don't even have them yet, but I have no regrets about it. I don't need two RHC cash sets with the Jack's that I have.
I remember the HS Cincy days! I was trying to buy your lucky derby fracs :)

I sold my Cincy set to fund the AS set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom