CPC custom order - did you sell other chips? Did you regret it? (2 Viewers)

In many ways, I consider my Star sets to be my personal customs. I was unwilling to sell anything to fund them (in case they never arrived), so I borrowed the money. I've sold off several sets since (to pay off the loan), but not until long after the Star chips had arrived, and I could effectively over time rank all of the sets in order of long-term preference.

Do I regret the sets I've since sold? Yeah, a few -- several sets sold were essentially irreplaceable. But in my collection, they were redundant from a play-perspective, they all went to good homes, and I'm happy with what remains. I'm still in the process of thinning the herd.

Do I regret the sets I've since sold? Yeah, a few -- several sets sold were essentially irreplaceable.
RVCL and Starlite
1594078106126.gif

Actually, while i was waiting on custom set number two I put together a mixed trk set lol

I plan to make a custom CPC in the coming months, but I'm not selling anything to do it. I have a small, yet diverse collection (THC, RHC, ceramics, etc). Do I need them all? No. But I also see too many regrets on PCF.

So I'm not selling to fund them. Just going to wait until I've won enough from my suckers... err... friends.

Thanks everyone for humoring my questions and for all for the feedback. I still have a long road ahead so plenty of time to mull over which sets I keep or don't keep. I think Krafticus hit the nail right on the head. I may not regret selling my sets but I know I'll certainly miss them.

Have you ever played a game with CPCs? I sold my Le Cove Paulsons to fund my main custom set. I'm sentimental about my set but if I could put that aside, I prefer to play with my Paulson sets. I don't regret owning my customs but I wish I'd waited and funded them without having to sell some of my other sets.

Customs are also a one way trip. You'll never get the money out of them like you might with the others even if you decided to part with them.

I haven’t played a full game with CPCs but got several shuffles stacks of different molds. The sound and feel is different, it’s like CPC chips are more firm. I think the H mold was the one I liked the best. Jockey mold also had a nice sound but I understand that one doesn’t run often.

Understood regarding the long term value since most of it will be personal and sentimental.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom