CPC custom line up - help appreciated (1 Viewer)

joker80

Flush
Reaction score
Hey guys. Looking to pull the trigger on a CPC custom set. I have ideas for the inlay, but would like to get the spots organized. I want to use tri moon for the first three denoms and 1/4 pie for the upper denoms. I like the look of scrown with edgespots that were available from TRK. I have a colour sample set incoming. I need some help with the colours. I am pretty set on the base colours, but if you think something would look way better, happy for the input. Thanks for your help!
set.jpg

I'd be just a tad concerned about dirty stacks/pots between the DG pink base and the pink spot color on the subsequent blurple chip, as well as between the DG Tiger base and DG Peach spots on the subsequent quarter pie. Less so on the DG Peach spot on the $25 and arc yellow on the $100, but less so than the first two.

Would you consider a DG Peacock base on the $1 and a red spot on it instead of pink? Would also go with DG Yellow on the $25 instead of peach. The arc yellow on the $100 is fine if you change the spot on the $25.

I think integrating some of the other colours (less popular colours) is the key

I'm not a fan of tri-moons, myself. From a design point of view I find them hard to integrate well with most other spot patterns. Be prepared to go through many iterations.

I think someone -- maybe @RainmanTrail -- had an all twi-moon set. Cali rounders, maybe? I'll do some searching and try to find it.

Too many repeated colors, especially in chips next to each other. Also light blue and light green will blend together on your 1/4 pie that there won’t be much contrast.

edit to add you may want to look at using a single color for the frac. It will make the other chips a little easier to make and free up some color options.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Looking to pull the trigger on a CPC custom set. I have ideas for the inlay, but would like to get the spots organized. I want to use tri moon for the first three denoms and 1/4 pie for the upper denoms. I like the look of scrown with edgespots that were available from TRK. I have a colour sample set incoming. I need some help with the colours. I am pretty set on the base colours, but if you think something would look way better, happy for the input. Thanks for your help!View attachment 736217
Can you decrease the white?

What do you think of
108E46D4-0CAC-44DC-BE0E-8ADEB47F9AE7.jpeg

My tourney set on order is all trimoons. I think it's possible without getting too dirty

First thing I would say is that I hope the colors match the theme. That being said, I’m a “less is more” type guy, especially when it come to tri-moon/half circle, whatever we want to call them ha. Too many colors make for dirty stacks in my opinion. I would probably do something like this.
C9E979D8-0F5F-473F-BB63-CB1780F36546.jpeg

Double check against your samples, but You can see how playing with colors sparks some ideas. You’re on the right track!

My only concern is that DG Pink and DG Tiger are in the same zone, color-wise. Would you consider a DG Arc Yellow base in lieu of DG Tiger?

Double check against your samples, but You can see how playing with colors sparks some ideas. You’re on the right track!

My only concern is that DG Pink and DG Tiger are in the same zone, color-wise. Would you consider a DG Arc Yellow base in lieu of DG Tiger?
I’d probably consider red before arc yellow base

Hey guys. Looking to pull the trigger on a CPC custom set. I have ideas for the inlay, but would like to get the spots organized. I want to use tri moon for the first three denoms and 1/4 pie for the upper denoms. I like the look of scrown with edgespots that were available from TRK. I have a colour sample set incoming. I need some help with the colours. I am pretty set on the base colours, but if you think something would look way better, happy for the input. Thanks for your help!View attachment 736217
Look nice. Great advice in this thread.

I know you said you are pretty set on your base colors, but I would worry your frac and $5 base colors are too close (Especially since they are the same spot pattern).

maybe pick one or the other and go a lighter base (white, gray, yellow, etc…) for the other?

Dissenting voice here as a vote for the "less is more" option - tri-moons with 3 different colors just don't sit right with me, particularly when used for an entire set. I think it's just a symmetry thing for me

I would also echo @JMC9389's concern about using DG Pink and DG Tiger as base colors only one chip apart from each other.

Dissenting voice here as a vote for the "less is more" option - tri-moons with 3 different colors just don't sit right with me, particularly when used for an entire set. I think it's just a symmetry thing for me

I would also echo the concerns about using DG Pink and DG Tiger as base colors only one chip apart from each other.
Yeah they still may be too close, even with just a single spot color. gotta get that sample set out and check

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom