CPC Custom Design First Draft (1 Viewer)

I do want to also strongly advise that once you get down to seriously designing that you absolutely need an IRL color sample set.

Why don’t I see an arc yellow?

D650F921-F673-4E7D-B8B8-258D3C151414.jpeg
F2A435A6-6E24-4669-8C12-A90EFC3DB3E0.png

Also, Imperial Blue is a fantastic color in person. Way better than blue…

DCB3CE02-B0C8-47EF-A957-38EFAD15100B.png

I changed the 25k chip a bit. I’m still not 100% on the 1k chip yet. Seems like the spot design is too close to the 500
61211E54-8C97-4A0F-8B25-D9D8BA6A9D4A.png

Ok cool! I’ll have to see that in person. I kinda dig the dayglo yellow and light blue. Is it bad to mix dayglo with weighted colors?

People have their opinions on that. The weight is a little different between the two types of clays. Also the weighted colors have those brass flakes. It doesn’t bother me but some others it does. Another reason you need a reall sample set in hand.

Also, the yellows (Canary, DG Yellow, and DG Arc Yellow) look just a bit different in person and I think you will have strong preferences for and against certain colors when you have them in hand.

Yellow is the hardest color I think with the CPCs. They just don't have a very good option for that color. You definitely need to get those sample chips in hand.

With that said, using my own color samples with some of the choices above, I liked the DG Arc Yellow.

People have their opinions on that. The weight is a little different between the two types of clays. Also the weighted colors have those brass flakes. It doesn’t bother me but some others it does. Another reason you need a reall sample set in hand.

Also, the yellows (Canary, DG Yellow, and DG Arc Yellow) look just a bit different in person and I think you will have strong preferences for and against certain colors when you have them in hand.
I appreciate the feedback. I’m going to order a sample set today.

Yellow is the hardest color I think with the CPCs. They just don't have a very good option for that color. You definitely need to get those sample chips in hand.

With that said, using my own color samples with some of the choices above, I liked the DG Arc Yellow.

DG Arc Yellow is criminally under-utilized as a yellow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom