CPC custom chips for sale (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Is there much of a market for CPC customs right now? I have a really nice set that sadly hasn't been used much at all. I would guess half of the chips have really seen any play at all. I have been more into guitars lately and there is no reason to keep such nice chips out of play.

Any info as to what they are going for or if it is worth listing them would be appreciated.

Take a few pics and put them up for sale in the classifieds. This will be the best way to see how much interest there is for your chips. Given the fact that anyone can make customs with CPC I would say the price of resale would be 10-20% less than what you paid. Just a guess on my part.

Pics?

Is there much of a market for CPC customs right now? I have a really nice set that sadly hasn't been used much at all. I would guess half of the chips have really seen any play at all. I have been more into guitars lately and there is no reason to keep such nice chips out of play.

Any info as to what they are going for or if it is worth listing them would be appreciated.
I'm assuming this is your epic Copperhead Road set?

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/my-cpc-order-has-arrived.5763/

Great to see you're still around!

Last edited:
The Copperhead road set was really one of the nicest CPC sets imo. You shouldn't have trouble moving this set. Expect less than what you paid, however, the design is really well done so that definitely makes it more appealing.

Copperhead Road is one of my all-time favorite CPC sets, designed by J5. I was going to write accolades, but Paulo already summed them up quite nicely:
Outstanding set!!! Congratulations!! Md-50s, single-sided design and shaped inlays? It doesn't get better than that... On top of everything, your theme, inlay design, colors and spot progressions are flawless... Great, great set indeed!! I hope it brings you endless rungood!
img_5346-jpg.10204

Never mind what I said about taking a loss. Those chips are outstanding. Probably the best CPC set I have seen.

I think this set would sell well (I'd be interested in it). Maybe wait a bit until all the big sets currently listed sell or after this Abbiati group buy is done.

Pics would help us better answer.

However, generally unless there is something magical about your inlay, or your chips are on one of the retired molds, I'd say they are not worth the current price to buy new, tho you might find a buyer at a discount price. Breakdown matters too.

Most of the chips have not seen play at all and the few that have are still in perfect condition.

Is the breakdown

140 x .25
220 x 1
320 x 5
120 x 20

Yes

I hear you. I sold some of my guitars to buy some chips, then I sold some chips to buy some guitars, now I'm selling guitars to buy chips!

That sounds exactly like my story. I don't think I will be selling my chips, doesn't seem to be good enough resale to make it worth it. I really like my chips and they took a long time to get made.

I was actually thinking of selling them to buy a Jackson soloist. I sold some camera stuff to get it.

I have finally settled on a few guitars that fill most of my needs.

Attachments

• Guitars.jpg
    Guitars.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 86
That sounds exactly like my story. I don't think I will be selling my chips, doesn't seem to be good enough resale to make it worth it. I really like my chips and they took a long time to get made.

I was actually thinking of selling them to buy a Jackson soloist. I sold some camera stuff to get it.

I have finally settled on a few guitars that fill most of my needs.

Thats a nice set you have there. You made the right choice by NOT selling.

As a guy that has done many customs over the years I will tell you that they have very little resale value. You would be lucky to get back half the amount of the initial cost.

Thats a nice set you have there. You made the right choice by NOT selling.

As a guy that has done many customs over the years I will tell you that they have very little resale value. You would be lucky to get back half the amount of the initial cost.

Just as most things "custom" I suppose.

I was hoping that with all the manufacturers not making home sets any more and with the prices of the existing sets going up that customs would too. Plus the fact that customs are perfect for home games because of the fact that no body else has them.

Oh well, I would have regretted selling them anyway.

This is one of my favorite sets. I would still be hard-pressed to spend more than a dollar a chip for them. Ultimately I could just make my own custom set

This is one of my favorite sets. I would still be hard-pressed to spend more than a dollar a chip for them. Ultimately I could just make my own custom set

If spending the money, making your own custom set is the way to go. There is really something special about having your own idea come to fruition.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom