CPC colors... How to match Inlay colors? (1 Viewer)

NeoViny23

Straight
Reaction score
I know that there are always little differences in the Outcome of cpc colors in the final product compared to the mock ups based on a lot of logical reasons.

So how how do you proceed, trying to match your inlay colors to one color of the specific chip? is it "just" a try to come as close to the chip designer colors on your (non-calibrated) Monitor? Is it "just" a bit of a lucky journey until the chips finally arrive?

I am curious about it...

I gave my CPC mock up to my designer. I think she just used her design program to “sample” the color and match it best it could. To the average eye I think mine all came out pretty good.

Here are some samples from my two sets.
02E15BC5-8D14-4627-843D-44A1EBEF3CA2.jpeg
AC88FD93-F84F-4C1B-80B7-5B7E5CF08FBB.jpeg
1FFBBD87-1EFD-49FA-B408-082BE51EAE20.jpeg
0B1D878E-1237-4B56-9A4E-76905F6957BF.jpeg

This may be of help:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cpc-colour-code-matching-list.52094/

One suggestion I typically give to folks that want to incorporate color matching - try to avoid a design where the color matched inlay comes into direct contact with the clay your trying to match. Match interior element of the inlay design. That way, even if the color is a hair off, you'll hardly notice. If you try to match something like the inlay background to the main clay color on the chip without some kind of inlay border, even a very slight variation will look "off".

This may be of help:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cpc-colour-code-matching-list.52094/

One suggestion I typically give to folks that want to incorporate color matching - try to avoid a design where the color matched inlay comes into direct contact with the clay your trying to match. Match interior element of the inlay design. That way, even if the color is a hair off, you'll hardly notice. If you try to match something like the inlay background to the main clay color on the chip without some kind of inlay border, even a very slight variation will look "off".
I know exactly what you mean... 15 years ago, Sandy from ASM did an awesome job to match the fading inlay color to a chip/edgespot color. There was direct contact between these two colors and after all it matched perfecly... In a self made design I would defenitely avoid the risk that you described....

Keep in mind the HEX colors are close, and CPC colors change ever so slightly. Avoiding direct contact is good.

For mine, I added a bit of grain to the color, making it look slightly different on purpose and matching the vintage vibe.

Even with the gray, unless you’re looking for it, it’s hard to see the difference in person.

Using more color may yield different results.
A0624852-2470-4B36-A7E0-7D5F9635AAC2.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom