CPC color sample (1 Viewer)

Retro blue and blurple are really close together. You can tell the difference between the colors based on if they're weighted or not (have brass flakes in the clay or not).

Which ones do you have trouble with? I bet I can ID them on sight.

IMG-2047.jpg

IMG-2045.jpg

IMG-2048.jpg

IMG-2049.jpg

I named the ones I think I got (could be wrong though)... Everything else is unknown to me.

Everything from left to right on the unlabeled chips.

Yellows are DG Yellow, Yellow, Canary, and DG Saturn first row. DG Arc yellow, DG Peach, DG Tiger bottom row.

The missing greens are retro green and dark green.

Missing blues are dark blue, retro blue, and blurple.

Purples are purple, retro lavender, pink, and lavender.

The red photo is butterscotch, red, retro red top row, DG orange (not butterscotch), mandarin red, and maroon.

You're right on everything else.

Yellows are DG Yellow, Yellow, Canary, and DG Saturn first row. DG Arc yellow, DG Peach, DG Tiger bottom row.

The red photo is butterscotch, red, retro red top row, DG orange (not butterscotch), mandarin red, and maroon.

View attachment 1028521
DG Yellow, Yellow, Canary, DG Starun
DG Arc Yellow, DG Peach, DG Tiger

thanks guys, I appreciate it :ah:

almost right. A mold is all weighted colours.

1669266978193.png

butterscotch, red, retro red
orange, DG orange, mandarin
maroon

As I thought while reading the opening post, this thread wouldn't be a real obstacle for the PCF dudes... :cool

Fyi, not that it would help at this point, but CPC ships their samples in the exact order to match the color layout on their page (well they used to anyway).

And your local craft store/CVS/etc sells cheap 1” dia. stickers that you can use to write the color on and stick to one side. It gives you a rough sense of how the base colors will look with an inlay.

^this. Mine came in order and I was careful to label them before messing with them too much.

Reactions: 72o
Fyi, not that it would help at this point, but CPC ships their samples in the exact order to match the color layout on their page (well they used to anyway).

And your local craft store/CVS/etc sells cheap 1” dia. stickers that you can use to write the color on and stick to one side. It gives you a rough sense of how the base colors will look with an inlay.
I found this just in time! About to bust open a sample and wouldn’t have know this.

• Love
Reactions: 72o
those are the dayglo / unweighted colours. you should be able to work it out from this.

View attachment 1115572
Hi yeah, I tried using that exact reference but I’m not sure if it’s my phone, the lighting at my house or my eyes but I’m having trouble with dayglo arc yellow, day peach and day tiger. I just need someone to help me out since I can’t see very well from that cpc picture

Hi yeah, I tried using that exact reference but I’m not sure if it’s my phone, the lighting at my house or my eyes but I’m having trouble with dayglo arc yellow, day peach and day tiger. I just need someone to help me out since I can’t see very well from that cpc picture
are you trying to tell those three apart from each other, or from other colors?
Maybe this helps?
56E96552-7259-4C69-AF7D-F3ECBF33CDBE.jpeg

Let me know if you want a photo with any other colors

I think it’s my eyes. Here are the three in what I think are the same order you have

View attachment 1115588
Yeah, it looks like you have them correct, even though that photo above looks less saturated than my photo. Those 3 chips in your earlier group photo look more saturated, and it appears you have them in the right order

Yeah, it looks like you have them correct, even though that photo above looks less saturated than my photo. Those 3 chips in your earlier group photo look more saturated, and it appears you have them in the right order
Thanks, it might just be my phone

Here’s the samples I received, they were labeled if this helps from a comparison perspective:

B34F1B5F-4F0A-4CC9-B89C-930CE96FC515.jpeg

Cheers,

Kam

Attachments

• E7280EAB-43CB-4257-B956-098A14212DED.jpeg
    E7280EAB-43CB-4257-B956-098A14212DED.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 49

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom