CPC Cash Design- Thanksgiving Distraction (1 Viewer)

AZBOARDER13

Flush
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving All!

Can't stand parades and have some time to kill before the real Thanksgiving festivities of eating and football kick off so help me make some poor financial decisions.

I have been contemplating a custom CPC set for some time and have finally committed to pulling the trigger. Here is the draft I am currently sitting on. Denominations would be .05, .25, 1, 5, 20. Least sure of the 20 but looking to open the can of worms for feedback on everything.
Inspiration:
.05: Martini Racing colorway
.25: Ace's $3 and Mapes 5
1: Gulf racing colorway and some similar CPC custom's I've seen but can't find at the moment
5: Pick Hobson
20: Wanted Lavender? Was going to be Canary base for an Irish Mike $500 based design but not sure I'm happy with those colors.

Current Draft

Cash Draft 1.png

Additional iterations I've played with for other ideas/ feedback:

Cash 5.png

Cash 4.png

Cash 3.png

Cash 2.png

Cash 1.png

Great looking collections of spots and colours.
I absolutely love the Gulf and Pick tribute chips. No matter what do not change those.
And under example 2, your lavender chip is terrific.
And I am pretty sure the more I look at your DG Tiger chip, the more it grows on me.
Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more.

Thank you for the kind words! 99% the tiger, light blue, and dg pink chips are locked in- at least from a colors perspective and probably spot pattern.. The .05 and 20 are the most recent additions and I'm the least sure of

Forgot to tag those that I believe have asked for updates
@Pinkdan @mnebesny @moechar @davislane @Thisfiendis138 @TX_Golf_N_Poker @Grimace
I love the first 4. And since they are inspired by stuff that means something too you, then stick with them. I don't just love the $20 in the first set, but mainly because I'm a yellow $20 guy. Otherwise it's a cool lavender chip and goes well with the rest of the lineup.

My only other question is, I've heard that using dayglo colors as base colors make your chips lighter. Since you have sample chips I'm curious how much lighter a daglo tiger chip is from a regular orange chip, or any other regular color you might consider.

Thanks all! Fell off this thread for a bit due to working through some medical procedures. Have thought about all of the feedback so far though and it is much appreciated. Have a folder of around 20 different combinations of the .05 and 20 I've been kicking around for the last 2 weeks. Will be posting a narrowed down list of options soon

I love the first 4. And since they are inspired by stuff that means something too you, then stick with them. I don't just love the $20 in the first set, but mainly because I'm a yellow $20 guy. Otherwise it's a cool lavender chip and goes well with the rest of the lineup.

My only other question is, I've heard that using dayglo colors as base colors make your chips lighter. Since you have sample chips I'm curious how much lighter a daglo tiger chip is from a regular orange chip, or any other regular color you might consider.
I don't have a scale but I would say it's not an issue. The non-weighteds are lighter by the hand scale if you are comparing them chip to chip, but once you get them in a set it is not really noticeable. You can really only tell if you are trying to tell the difference. I think the bigger difference is the appearance of the brass flakes or not in weighted vs. unweighted chips which is the biggest reason I do not have a canary chip in the lineup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom