CPC cali set update - With inlays! (1 Viewer)

Which alternative do you prefer?

Votes: 26 27.1%

Votes: 53 55.2%

Votes: 17 17.7%

• Total voters
Good stuff Paulo, now tell him all about dg yellow as the best yellow base color lol

This fits perfectly into the discussion, I was just about to post this :):

I'm also really struggling with the choice of base color for the 5. It'll be canary or dg yellow. Both have their respective advantages: dg yellow is bright but I dislike the greenish tone. It's not as bad as dg saturn but still too much green for my taste. Canary looks a little dull in person, I do like the goldish more though but I'm not crazy about how well the brass flakes are visable on the edges. I have seen photos of many cpc sets though where the canary looks absolutely stellar. Tough choice and this seems like CPC's only real weakness.

Totally understand, man. Now, going from 2/4 to 2/5 is not a big jump as you're increasing the cost of an orbit by 16%. Going to 5/5 though, you're increasing 67%, a jump which would definitely change the dynamics of the game. That's why I suggested 2/5.

However, if you love the 1s and want to have a bunch of them, I'm all for it man!! LOL!!! It's only money, right? :p
2/5 is a great suggestion!

Good stuff Paulo, now tell him all about dg yellow as the best yellow base color lol

A picture speaks a thousand words, Chippy!

IMG_6493.jpeg

Here's my personal take on the CPC yellow options: All of them could improve, lol! From David Spragg, it is really hard to get a better shade of yellow give the die options he has at his disposal. Of what is available, I like the DG Yellow the best, although it could be a little more vibrant. Saturn is fine but it's hard to use it with a green chip in the same set because of its green hues. Cannary and Yellow are not bright enough for me. I do have tourney sets in which I use Cannary and Yellow though. I think it depends on the feel of the set, if it's a bright one or more muted/earthy, . There's a place for all 4 yellows for sure. We see great sets using each of them. They are NOT Paulson's yellows though, lol!

I like dg yellow as an edge spot, but for a whole chip, it just doesn't do it for me. Needs way more saturation imo. Canary is my favorite for a light yellow color. I actually really liked Yellow once I saw it as a base on some made chips in person, but it's definitely more of a gold.

I also see the new DG Yellow/Grey quarter pie as slightly greenish although not nearly like DG Saturn. Maybe it's just the screen or photo.

A richer yellow DG color between DG Yellow and the somewhat orange-y DG Arc Yellow would be nice. Also a DG purple (brighter than retro lavender) but that's another story.

I also see the new DG Yellow/Grey quarter pie as slightly greenish although not nearly like DG Saturn. Maybe it's just the screen or photo.

A richer yellow DG color between DG Yellow and the somewhat orange-y DG Arc Yellow would be nice. Also a DG purple (brighter than retro lavender) but that's another story.
Not bad at all, I like it:
89B5453B-25C4-4A94-871F-E3679220210B.png

DG Yellow is great, but so is DG Arc Yellow, a nice bright orange that is, as well. I wont' be messing with your guts:D
Where I 'm insisting is that the top value chip shoud be either 6D18 or 8D18. The 3V12318 is NOT visually superior to the 4V12 of the "$"100 chip.

I think these are the two finished candidates. I thought I had my mind set on canary but starting to lean more and more towards dg yellow. Also thought I had decided to use version #1 despite an overwhelming majority for #2 in the vote. Starting to lean towards #2 as well. And I’m definitely doing 800.

@Coyote do you like this 500 better? I do.

4423687E-E123-46BA-8257-89158C4710BB.png

FC9D386D-3178-44FD-9BEE-73DFE864705D.png

Nooooooo... I loved this set until you posted this last $500. Please tell me this was a mistake? You can't go from 2 colors to 3 then back to 2. I won't allow it! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I decided I didn’t want to reuse the dg peacock and I love the simplicity of it now. I figured I might get some reactions to the change :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom