CPC Bright White vs White? (1 Viewer)

ranger764

Flush
Reaction score
Is the CPC white “whiter” than the ASM white was? I have the asm color sample and some sample sets of asm’s as well. On the CPC site the white looks whiter than the old Asm white. Can anyone post a pic of CPC White vs bright white? Thx

The difference is marginal but visible.

IMHO I don't think it's worth the extra fee to make the main chip BW. No extra fee for spots though. :D

IMG_1691.JPG

The difference is marginal but visible.

IMHO I don't think it's worth the extra fee to make the main chip BW.

View attachment 153983

I disagree, but that’s what makes this a great place. Lots of great opinions and advice. I also don’t think the pic above is representative of what I see in RL

Only no fee if you're okay with impurities. If you want completely clean bright white for edge spots it carries the same .53 cent upgrade per chip as the base does.
Got it. Yeah not sure I’m down with impurities. I need my white bright as fresh fallen snow (;

I would also agree that there is a little more drastic of a difference than what is show in that pic, and for me 90% of the sets I would make would use bright white over white every time. I like bright and contrasting most of the time.

But, just like what was just posted, there are a bunch of people who prefer the regular white, the muted tone works much better for the "feel" of the set they want.

You can ask for bright white with slight impurities without a premium. I did that for my set.

View attachment 153991

View attachment 153992
Are you happy with the way they turned out? I think they look great. Do you see many impurities in person? When I saw your set the other day I thought it was great. The mockups I had been working on had 3 of the same base colors with butterscotch, black and burple. Well done!

Damn, I see no issue with that at all

In all honesty the "no premium" option from CPC is a great way to go There are going to be some imperfections for sure, you will get little specs of color from the rest of the chip in some spots, but it is in no way bad enough to take away from the over all chip. CPC puts out a very quality product, even the imperfections are a cut above.

On the other hand though, if you pay the premium, you going to be so fresh and so clean.

Are you happy with the way they turned out? I think they look great. Do you see many impurities in person? When I saw your set the other day I thought it was great. The mockups I had been working on had 3 of the same base colors with butterscotch, black and burple. Well done!

Absolutely ecstatic about how they turned out. I remember when playing with my colour samples that any white was gonna be bright white because collectively I wanted to chips to have some pop to it. Also the I know the pink edge spot on butterscotch was gonna be more muted so I wanted the white to stand out.

I'll have to take a look in the next few days to see if there's impurities on the bright white edge spots.

Is the CPC white “whiter” than the ASM white was?
Yes, many of the current CPC colors are brighter than the old ASM counterparts. And bright white is definitely brighter than white.

I have the asm color sample
If you are planning a custom CPC set, then I highly recommend getting a current CPC color sample set. The colors are sometimes much different, and it is wisest to use the actual current colors when designing, vs an old set or the chip design tool, both of which are inaccurate and misleading.

I'd recommend getting a full mold set too, if you haven't seen or handled them all.

Fair enough. A shot with a different camera shows a slightly more profound difference:

View attachment 154004

This is getting much closer, nice pic.

And I like how @Ronoh liked my post, he was the poster I remember who gave me perspective on how much better regular white works with a set sometimes. A man with hall of fame taste for sure.

Perfect example of why bright isn't always the best for every set. While the Vias are beautiful in their own right, the white in the P&P set looks like confetti in between the rainbow to me somehow.

Pirates aren't particularly known for their excellent hygiene, either. Usually no pearly whites to be found anywhere on board. :sneaky:

Another point is that regular white chips seem to darken a bit over time, most likely because of the metal flecks that oxidize. Bright White is unweighted.

I agree that White is better for some designs, and BW is better for others.

Why do the edges of bright white cpc chips look so pronounced when in stacks compared to other colours.

I have gone for BW for Blades (v.3) after I went normal in v.1 & v.2.

The normal white went well with the original vintage-style Blades, but not so much in v.2.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom