CPC Base Color Question (1 Viewer)

Darthhoodie

Flush
Reaction score
I was considering using retro red, dayglo peacock, and dayglo arc yellow as base colors for a small cash set. How light do these feel in comparison to the regular colors with brass flakes in them. I have a color sample but I cant get a good read on it. I like the look but if they feel too unsubstantial i will be disappointed. Looking for people who have used dayglo colors as a base to give me their opinion. Thanks in advance.

Early mock up.
25c , $1, $5, $20
1610918775435.png

Last edited:
Personally, I think the cosmetic value of the unweighted colors significantly trumps the weight issue. And it's two-fold -- unweighted colors are brighter, and don't have the brass flakes that tarnish and darken on the rolling edges. Win-win, in my book.

The weight difference is insignificant imo, unless you are comparing them to non-CPC products.

Glad to here that, I was thinking the same thing, looking to go simple with the spots but I want to pop with the base colors and the dayglo colors do that so much better than the regular colors. I didn't notice much difference in my color sample with shuffling them around, but the stack of 14 dayglo colors weighed in at 121g and a stack of 14 regular colors weighed in at 128g, so in my sample there is an average of about 0.5g per chip difference. Not sure if this is typical or if mold and color have an effect but I can live with it. Thanks for the help.

I have both weighted and DG base colors in my HHR custom tourney set, in any random blind "pick 'em" test I can't tell the difference in stacks. I weighed them once, there was about a 5g difference between a barrel of 20 chips, that's something like a 3% difference in weight. Insignificant IMHO.

Each stack contains 10 chips

Unweighted
PXL_20210117_220747977.jpg

Unweighted other than maroon spots
PXL_20210117_220659146.jpg

Unweighted other than the light blue spot
PXL_20210117_220648526.jpg

Weighted
PXL_20210117_220634942.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom