Could use help with a custom idea - Horsing Around (1 Viewer)

Burke

Flush
Reaction score
Have had this idea for a little bit. Haven't really fleshed it out. The outer banks of NC have played a large role in my life. I would like to eventually (one day with funds) purchase a set with this idea. Horses play a role in the history of the outer banks.

- Cash set
- Jockey Mold (although HHR may fit the theme better)
- Title: Horsing Around
- Every chip would feature a cartoon anthropomorphic horse doing a beach activity (surfing, volleyball, etc)
- The style of the chips to be of the "Brew Thru" logo. Brew Thru is a chain of convenience stores throughout the OBX that sells adult beverages

Brew Thru logo:

Basic look of the horses (@WedgeRock):

Proposed chip colors:
1563082341974.png

Looking for suggestions/critiques on all items, but mainly interested in these:
- suggested activities for each denomination (surfing and volleyball are definite)
- improvements on chip design (I DO NOT currently have a sample set)
- do you think this idea is feasible?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
I like the idea, although I always feel that whilst that spot pattern looks nice, it doesn't exactly represent bang for your buck at level 9.

If cost is no concern that I guess that's irrelevant.

I do like all of the colours you've got going right now though.

Its tough really though to find something as good as that one you've chosen. Your choice is clearly best.
Screenshot_20190714_161228.jpg

Oh and I definitely want to see a surfing or kitesurfing horse please.

Spots don’t all need to be the same. It was just what I thought looked best at the time

Cool theme! Definitely want to see what ideas you come up with for the horses.

The 4V or the 4d14 is a very similar spot pattern for a lot less cost. Unless you are using 3 different colors it isn’t worth the cost increase.

Reactions: Nex
Love the Brew Thru. Something about drive through liquor stores is just fantastic. Will the horse have a drivers cap that covers its eyes?

Definitely could! Haven’t really put anything together clearly

I could make a poll I suppose as well. Other ideas:

- Crabbing
- Hanggliding
- Tanning
- Water-skiing
- Boating
- Parachuting/Parasailing
- Sandcastle building
- Kadima

Last edited:
Cool theme! Agree with some of the above, I originally had that spot pattern on one of my customs but switched out to 4v12, the level 9 across the board would be rough (but awesome). If you stick with this pattern I would tweak a few colors to get a little more contrast and pop on the smaller 1/8" spots (like lavendar / purple on the quarter & blurple in the 100). Love the colors in the $1 and $5.

Some kind of fishing horse (surf casting, fishing pier) is a must!

Love the new mockup @Burke. Nothing against the original, but it came off a tad Milano-esque with the same spot pattern across all denoms.

Good luck man!

Some kind of fishing horse (surf casting, fishing pier) is a must!

May have to do crabbing from a pier for this. Close to fishing! My grandparents have a house in Currituck on the Albemarle sound and we would crab off the dock all the time just with some string, raw chicken, and a net.

Love the new mockup @Burke. Nothing against the original, but it came off a tad Milano-esque with the same spot pattern across all denoms.

Good luck man!

Thanks! I really like the $1 and the $5 from the original mockup unfortunately. Hard to fit in to some sort of progression

I reached out to a chip designer to ask this question, but do you guys think this is pretty doable from an inlay design standpoint?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom