Could someone with Gear Labels applied to Paulsons post some "Close Up Pics" (2 Viewers)

THC-mold chips that are SCV (aka "smooth recess" I guess?) are fine with an overlabel.
No, there are textured SCV. SCV is short-cane version. There’s also smooth recess LCV. They’re not really connected.

I've just realized I've made a slight error. Some THC-mold chips, namely LCV, do not take overlabels well. This is because (as someone alluded to, above) there isn't really a recess on the face of the chip. The inlay is at the same "height" as the outer mold area. THC-mold chips that are SCV (aka "smooth recess" I guess?) are fine with an overlabel.
Thanks for clearing that up!
That is what I thought

BD580219-96E3-4C10-BA6F-2401611F955D.jpeg

If you have the time and patience to do a nice job murdering chips I'd recommend doing it that way over milling (unless it's a hotstamp of course)

I always see small pieces of inlay left behind on milled chips and they just never look as good as a proper inlay replacement. Plus you quite often get rough edges, from what I've seen.

Here is a closeup of a chip with a gear laminated label. This chip was a hotstamp chip that has been milled
View attachment 600823View attachment 600826
Some murdered house molds
View attachment 600827
Inlay replacement v overlabelView attachment 600833
I remember when i made my fantasy set with my own labels, i asked CT for their opinion on what colours i should use. Due to the fact that the forum loves to answer a question never asked, it turned into a massive fight about copyright and trademark infringement. Which again had nothing to do with my original question. Instead they insisted on creating my own logo and whatnot. Not something i wanted. After about 15 pages of whiny opinionated posts on ethics and diarrhea some lawyer jumped in and settled the score. Turns out if you want to print Copyrighted and TM'd labels for your personal poker set, theres no issue.

Chris your labels look amazing, Your colour matching is spot on! I love the textures you can have as well. Great job!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom