Copags Getting Marked Easily. Is this Normal? (1 Viewer)

Moxie Mike

Full House
Reaction score
Synopsis: I've been using Copags for years in my games. Recently I've been experienced more marked cards than ever before, especially with newer setups.

Last night, within an hour of use 5 marked cards appeared between two decks in a brand new setup. Just this month I've taken three other decks out of service for marked cards. They were of the 4-color variety.

If you're a Copag user, what's been your experience lately? Have you seen a decline in quality?

FWIW, Copag's CS is great and all you have to do is email them to get replacements. That's fine for new cards, but if the deck has seen much use, the fading on the older cards will cause the new card(s) to not match the rest of the deck.

Your thoughts/experiences?

Last edited:
I think it’s a player with long fingernails or using a card guard and peeking at his hole cards while bending them around edge of guard/chip. IMO Copag cards are still excellent and we have experienced these same issues in our games at times, especially at @detroitdad house.

If you remember the WSOP had an issue with the copags a couple of years ago. Same issue.

I like copags but this has been an ongoing issue.

What do the marks look like?

I had this issue with Copags back about 12 years ago. Never had issues for years then started noticing them after a couple large tourneys. Figured it was one particular player bending the extreme corner of the cards as they used to show as a crease near the corners.

I never hated Copags but when other cards became available I moved away from them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom