Copags - do they often get warped (bowed?) (1 Viewer)

I JUST GOT SOME FADED SPADES FOR THE GAME SATURDAY SO IM PRETTY PUMPED TO USE THEM :) WILL NEVER BUY DAVINCI AGAIN

I ONLY BUY MODIANOS AND DALL NEGROS 'CAUSE THEY 'RE DIRT CHEAP IN GREECE.:)

Jokes apart, I 've tried Copag and they 're rather flimsy and very slippery. That's their main disadvantage, IMO.
Their 4-color decks have a rather dark blue for the diamonds, which could be confusing.

Some time ago someone here mentioned this method for any type of cards

After play, cut the deck and turn one half upside down. Shuffle the halves together and place in the box.
A bit of a pain the next time you want to play, but seems to work

YMMV

Of all the cards I’ve owned, I have the most experience related to heavy use with Kem and Copags …maybe more Copag. Back in the early 2000s when poker was crazy we had a weekly game and an 8-10 hour tournaments seven times a year. Copag was the only alternative to Kems and were half the price so we bought a lot of decks.

I never had Copags that bowed. What you will see with Copags with heavy use is fading and/or bleeding of the ink. All my Copag decks eventually did that.

I have a LOT of cards but have only bought one deck of Copags in the last 12 years. Nothing wrong with them but these days you have so many nicer options. If you are looking for inexpensive cards, Cartamundi CCPs are an outstanding value as they can be found on Amazon for around $10 per setup in red and blue bridge size (the correct size for poker ;)) Much higher quality than Copag

If you are looking for inexpensive cards, Cartamundi CCPs are an outstanding value as they can be found on Amazon for around $10 per setup in red and blue bridge size (the correct size for poker ;)) Much higher quality than Copag
Been wanting to try those, but wished they were available jumbo index.

Never had the bowing problem with Copag. Only with KEM and Modiano(Platinum) decks. One of the reasons why i prefer PVC to Acetate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom