Copag Unique - their KEM? (1 Viewer)

200 Motels

Flush
Reaction score
Got an email today showing a new deck from Copag.

Screenshot_2019-02-15-11-28-56.jpg

Claims to have a smooth texture unlike their other decks.

I wonder how they'll hold up to crimps and if they'll use these for 2019 WSOP?

Interesting.

Was there a price point included? I assume they'll be more expensive than 1546's...

I absolutely love Copag's... if they can get the top card to stop sliding, I'd probably use them exclusively (along with Desjgn, as well).

Interesting.

Was there a price point included? I assume they'll be more expensive than 1546's...

I absolutely love Copag's... if they can get the top card to stop sliding, I'd probably use them exclusively (along with Desjgn, as well).

just put a little pressure on it with 1 finger when you put them down. that usually does the trick. I also like the design of these new cards. I also would like to know what that price point is.

mark

Poker size? :vomit:
Jumbo index? :vomit:
I’ll stick with the Gemaco Superflex’s !
I like those colors though

I picked up a black/gold setup of these, came in yesterday. Very similar in feel and thickness to their normal 1546 lines. These are slightly smoother, and the card stock is a much brighter white, which makes them easier to read from across the table (one of my beefs with their typical offerings) They shuffle great and arrived flat a as board, just like pretty much all Copags.

I picked up a black/gold setup of these, came in yesterday. Very similar in feel and thickness to their normal 1546 lines. These are slightly smoother, and the card stock is a much brighter white, which makes them easier to read from across the table (one of my beefs with their typical offerings) They shuffle great and arrived flat a as board, just like pretty much all Copags.
Keep us informed on how they wear. Copags have a history of fading with use.

Just got some. I'll put them in play Saturday night. Wish they came with plastic storage box instead of cardboard...

Interesting.

Yeah this. I’ve found the top card slides easily, but it gets better over time as the cards get used.

I’ve found the top card slides easily
just put a little pressure on it with 1 finger when you put them down. that usually does the trick.
Yes, this works very well. I'd say not only usually, it does the trick every single time. It's all about getting the air out from underneath the top card.

I almost only play with copags, and when putting down the deck I put an ever so light pressure with my...eh...the first joint from the tip on the index finger, whatever that's called. I kinda bend the index finger back and keep it on top of the top card, if that makes sense. I don't even think about it anymore. Top card doesn't move a millimeter.

Phalanges is Latin, and used universally in medicine, so that part would be the same.
Had to google it: Ytterfalang (ytter=outer), so you were on point :)
</derail>

Copags do the job, I like the feel, the way they shuffle, how they glide. I'll need to give these a try :)

After switching from Bicycle to Copag at my home games, would never go back. Had no idea what I had been missing.

@monabaker, which bicycles have you been using? I was thinking of trying the prestiges after reading some good stuff about them here at PCF.

@monabaker, which bicycles have you been using? I was thinking of trying the prestiges after reading some good stuff about them here at PCF.
I was just using their jumbo index poker cards. I thought they were good, although I found they wear and dirty easily.

Then I switched to the Copag's, WOW. World of difference!

Honda to Bentley!

I wish they would have replaced the blue outlines with black. Would definitely gotten a set.

Copag will have to go a LONG way (think interstellar space-type distances) before I would replace my Prestige decks with them.
Yeah, zero chance of that happening in my house.

I don't know. We've been using the poker-sized Prestiges and they tended to fade some within a night or two of use, and I bought the 2016 WSOP set that's went through many poker nights and haven't seen any fading at all. Bought the bridge-sized ones and they are fine though. If those are what you are referring to, then I do agree they are great.

Also we play on soft cushioned green felt, not speed cloth which tends to fade cards faster from what I've seen and heard. So I guess it's all YMMV.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom