Copag Elite Cards are good? (2 Viewers)

MAGNAN1MUS

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I want to buy an elite copag card deck and I would like to know if for the price they are good cards, otherwise I would like recommendations of cards with a similar price. Thanks

I’ve read the Elites (single decks for ~$8 each) are not as good as Copag’s two-deck setups. For the same price as 2 Elite decks, I’d go with these Modiano setups:

Modiano Texas Poker Jumbo Index Brown & Black Plastic Playing Cards Set https://a.co/d/iEU7kfF

Modiano Texas Poker Jumbo Index Red & Blue Plastic Playing Cards Set https://a.co/d/f85YrB0

Depends on what would you like your cards to be....
Stiff or not...
Do you like Copags font and face cards designs?
So much to consider if you have time...

Depends on what would you like your cards to be....
Stiff or not...
Do you like Copags font and face cards designs?
So much to consider if you have time...
I like the design and typography of the copag cards, I don't care too much about the hardness, the important thing for me is that the cards don't break or lose color quickly, I would use them to play casually once every several days, maybe weeks or months, even so, I want some cards with a good quality/price of plastic and those seem very good to me, I wanted to hear opinions from people who have tried these cards to know if they are worth it

I like the design and typography of the copag cards, I don't care too much about the hardness, the important thing for me is that the cards don't break or lose color quickly, I would use them to play casually once every several days, maybe weeks or months, even so, I want some cards with a good quality/price of plastic and those seem very good to me, I wanted to hear opinions from people who have tried these cards to know if they are worth it
Copag had bad habit of loosing paint in humidity...
There are decks with Copag faces made in Fournier factory. They are high prize...

I love the stock on those - thin, flexible, nice texture. But if you’re new to card buying, take a moment to consider if you want cards with pips in all 4 corners. Some people like them. But for games where cards are lined up in a row (like holdem or stud) they feel really busy.

Fournier are better in my opinion than regular Modiano... But Modiano Platinium are great cards worth every dollar spent...

I suggest you read Redneck Database 2.0 and reviews of cards mentioned there... Use search option...

If anyone knows any model of cards for less than $ 10 that is recommended, is welcome to mention it. My priority is durability

For this price you can get Fourniers or DalNegro.
If you buy online shipping might be expensive
I am currently selling Trefl cards, very durable, but with shipping they cost bit more

From what I was seeing, the cards are classified by flexibility, not by durability, which is what really interests me
There a reviews on there mentioning durability. It's basically all the cheap ones that don't last. You'll have to click around that link and maybe search this forum. I haven't read all the reviews, but it's mentioned in some.

Last edited:
I am going to try to get a deck of modiano platinum, if anyone knows of a safe store that sells a single deck with shipping in the united states please tell me

Thanks, but im not interested in that cards
Copags are probably best bang for buck and meet the minimal qualities I can to go with. Anything below them, I rather not bother. Given plastic cards don't go as fast durability wise and paying a little extra is worth it imo. Angel and Design (Modiano stock) are my favorites. Hard to find, but well worth it! I like the price of Copags (especially discounted one), but the edges are a bit sharp and tad bit stiff compared to more flexible cards.

I'd say they are good enough to have at least one setup in your collection. Comparing them to every other card, they are excellent! Comparing them to top tiers, they are the minimal.

Last edited:
Copags are probably best bang for buck and meet the minimal qualities I can to go with. Anything below them, I rather not bother. Given plastic cards don't go as fast durability wise and paying a little extra is worth it imo. Angel and Design (Modiano stock) are my favorites. Hard to find, but well worth it! I like the price of Copags (especially discounted one), but the edges are a bit sharp and tad bit stiff compared to more flexible cards.

I'd say they are good enough to have at least one setup in your collection. Comparing them to every other card, they are excellent! Comparing them to top tiers, they are the minimal.
Yeah, copags are fine.

but I have seen two comments saying that they have a problem with the ink, they are the cards that I like the most in design, but the ink thing is something that worries me
But why does it worry you? We’re talking about face ink, not back ink. So no worries the cards will be marked.
The face ink is an aesthetic thing, and I’ll admit to giving zero shits about aesthetics when it comes to cards. But should you?
You have to put a lot of hours on a deck to wear the ink. I’ve done it with Piatniks. But only because those cards were used for heads up play between me and a buddy. And neither of us are idiots - in my opinion, that’s why those cards lasted long enough to wear down the ink. If I were using them in my full ring game, they’d almost certainly have been destroyed by stupidity long before they were legitimately worn out.

But why does it worry you? We’re talking about face ink, not back ink. So no worries the cards will be marked.
The face ink is an aesthetic thing, and I’ll admit to giving zero shits about aesthetics when it comes to cards. But should you?
You have to put a lot of hours on a deck to wear the ink. I’ve done it with Piatniks. But only because those cards were used for heads up play between me and a buddy. And neither of us are idiots - in my opinion, that’s why those cards lasted long enough to wear down the ink. If I were using them in my full ring game, they’d almost certainly have been destroyed by stupidity long before they were legitimately worn out.
Ok, when I read that there were problems with the ink (in humidity) I was worried because I live in a humid country and the cards will be stored most of the time, so I interpreted it as that the numbers and figures would be erased, but from what you have told me I think that perhaps it is that the cards remain blank in black, if so, it does not worry me so much, If you could explain to me which of these two situations is what happens with the ink I would be grateful

We have two games currently running the elite cards and they have been just fine. They are garage games so cheap but decent cards work best.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom