Cooper Club (1 Viewer)

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
My next set of chips will be customs...finally.

Here is a first pass. This was quick, with LOTS of room for improvement. But it's a place to start. I really like the colors blue and green, and you can tell. Definitely going with the E&C mold (if that's still possible).

Work in progress...

Mels_customs.png

'Bout time! :D Any colors off limits? You going for any kind of specific feel? What's the prelim. inlay going to look like and what colors might be on it/them? I like the progression you have so far. Yup you definitely love green/blue/yellow which isn't necessarily a bad thing but that's why I ask about any other color being off limits.

Looking forward to seeing where this is going.

Here is a first pass. This was quick, with LOTS of room for improvement. But it's a place to start. I really like the colors blue and green, and you can tell. Definitely going with the E&C mold (if that's still possible).

Work in progress...

View attachment 108437
The different sized edge spot on only the red chips seems a little off. imo

'Bout time! :D Any colors off limits? You going for any kind of specific feel? What's the prelim. inlay going to look like and what colors might be on it/them? I like the progression you have so far. Yup you definitely love green/blue/yellow which isn't necessarily a bad thing but that's why I ask about any other color being off limits.

Looking forward to seeing where this is going.

Cooper was my first dog, Doberman mixed with Great Dane. I loved him as much as I can imagine loving anything. So the name comes from him. There is no tie to the E&C mold, except that he was nearly as big as an elephant. I just love the E&C mold, so want to do that. I don't really have an inlay design in mind yet. But probably just simple, words and a denom. No color matching or anything like that. Just very simple. White or off-white.

No colors are off-limits. I do like a blue quarter, white $1, red $5, and yellow $20. The nickel could be changed (although I like green) -- I toyed with a lavender chip there.
But the spots are totally up in the air. I toyed with having the blue quarter have a dayglo Peacock base, and that might be good, since I really like bright and cheerful chip colors.

But no, nothing off-limits. This was just my first hour of thinking about this. It's pretty exciting. :)

I read the initial thread title as "COUGAR CLUB". LOL

View attachment 108440

That's funny. My team name in all of my fantasy baseball leagues is "Baseball Cougar", since I am usually the only female in my league, the rest of my league-mates are usually half my age, and my favorite thing to do is to find the hot new (youngster) rookie that will be the next awesome thing. So Cougar Club fits :D:D:D

I am going to make a 25c chip with a similar color scheme as yours.

I don't know if you have color samples at hand but be advised that "Dark Blue" is nearly black, darker than on screen. If you ever decide to add a black $100 you'll be screwed.
The regular "Blue" is a whole lot darker than shown on screen and still halfway identifiable as blue / possible to tell apart from black. This is the color I am going with now.

The base color on the Donkwoods $1s pic looks like Retro Blue to me.

I am going to make a 25c chip with a similar color scheme as yours.

I don't know if you have color samples at hand but be advised that "Dark Blue" is nearly black, darker than on screen. If you ever decide to add a black $100 you'll be screwed.
The regular "Blue" is a whole lot darker than shown on screen and still halfway identifiable as blue / possible to tell apart from black. This is the color I am going with now.

The base color on the Donkwoods $1s pic looks like Retro Blue to me.

I do have color samples, and I totally agree with you. I think that blue will either go to dayglo peacock, or retro blue.

I am also wondering if it is worth the added expense to go from white to bright white. That will be one thing to consider.
The spot colors on the white chip are one place I'm thinking needs change. And I think perhaps 2 wide spots on the nickel, rather than the current choice.

Gotta go to work, but will tinker more later. What a blast!

Strikes me as a good start, very good start. I'd change the spots on the white. Agree that dark blue is too dark. Bright white and maroon go together well.

I am also wondering if it is worth the added expense to go from white to bright white. That will be one thing to consider

There is no comparison between white (really off white) and bright white. For the extra $60 some per rack it is a must. Now if you are planning on ordering 6+ racks I can understand not wanting to spend that much, but for 2 racks, you will be very happy you did. Especially since you like the brighter colors.

There is no comparison between white (really off white) and bright white. For the extra $60 some per rack it is a must. Now if you are planning on ordering 6+ racks I can understand not wanting to spend that much, but for 2 racks, you will be very happy you did. Especially since you like the brighter colors.

This!!!! My next custom set will have a bright white chip!

Work in progress...

View attachment 108437
My initial suggestions would be:
- use a gray with dg pink and retro red spots on the nickle.
- keep the quarter as is or change to retro blue (love reg blue too)
- Change up the green on the dollar
- Change up the dg tiger spot (maybe black) in the fiver
- leave the $20 as is.

Love Retro Red in general and your initial mock up version is really nice. I'm definitely going to have one in a CPC custom set I've just started tinkering with just not sure what denom it will be. I do agree with those who think Bright White is the way to go. Definitely worth the extra cost in my opinion!

Last edited:
dayglo peacock,

The correct answer always, nothing bad can ever come with this in the mix. ;)

And yeah, if you are going customs and spending the money go bright white. It may sting to pay the bill, and you may be uncertain of it while waiting, but once you see the chips you will never again question it. Be it spot or base every custom I make with white in it will be bright white, has to be.

Good luck and congrats on starting the journey, can't wait to see what you come up with

Halfway disagree about bright white. Love it as a 1/4" or smaller spot color, prefer regular as a base by a wide margin.

Reactions: 72o
Halfway disagree about bright white. Love it as a 1/4" or smaller spot color, prefer regular as a base by a wide margin.

Very interesting, and coming from someone who obviously knows the custom game it carries some weight. Any particular reason? Does the more muted white flow with the rest of the CPC color pallet better or something?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom