Continental NYC (1 Viewer)

Sneakygreek

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Howdy folks! Just wanted to share my new chips design. I'm not sure if there's already a John Wick themed set of the Continental so I made one. Still tweaking some things but this is a rough draft of the set. I'm trying to keep the price L4 or below. This is kind of a melting pot of my favorite chip designs and color combinations from Bellagio, Aria, HSI and Aurora Star. I will probably put in the order sometime later this year so I am open to any and all feedback.

Also, I'm not sure what you guys mostly use for designing inlays but I've found Logoist 4 pretty user friendly with a wide range of effects.

Cont25centcv3.pngCont1v3b.pngCont5v3b.pngCont25v3b.pngCont100v3b.pngCont500v3b.pngCont1kv3b.pngCont5kv3b.png

Howdy folks! Just wanted to share my new chips design. I'm not sure if there's already a John Wick themed set of the Continental so I made one. Still tweaking some things but this is a rough draft of the set. I'm trying to keep the price L4 or below. This is kind of a melting pot of my favorite chip designs and color combinations from Bellagio, Aria, HSI and Aurora Star. I will probably put in the order sometime later this year so I am open to any and all feedback.

Also, I'm not sure what you guys mostly use for designing inlays but I've found Logoist 4 pretty user friendly with a wide range of effects.

View attachment 871833View attachment 871840View attachment 871839View attachment 871838View attachment 871837View attachment 871836View attachment 871835View attachment 871834
I think these look good man! Also I was going to try to mock up some ideas for john Wick but I was thinking maybe ceramic. I really prefer the CPC route if I could get a run in.

I’ll be interested to hear input from more experienced members on these.

I think these look good man! Also I was going to try to mock up some ideas for john Wick but I was thinking maybe ceramic. I really prefer the CPC route if I could get a run in.

I’ll be interested to hear input from more experienced members on these.
Put his dog on them is my only suggestion if you want to make it a tribute. I can’t think of a way to put 3-4 headshots on a label…

@Sneakygreek , sorry that your thread got derailed with Kifer-noise. But anyway..

Your design is a neat idea ("What if Bellagio, but Continental instead?") but I think you've got two conflicting design concepts in the inlay. Put simply, the font you've used for the Continental logo - and, in fact, the overall design of the logo itself - is a horrible mismatch with the cursive "C" in the faux Bellagio background and the font used for the motto text. The logo is very modern, the Bellagio styling is very classic. The juxtaposition is very jarring.

If it were me, I'd focus on a stand-alone styling for the Continental that plays to the strengths of the concept as presented in the movies. The cut cards that @JeepologyOffroad posted above make a good example. I'd drop the idea of making the chips a Bellagio tribute; I think those are two different ideas that will pull the project in two separate directions.

But that's just me.

@Sneakygreek , sorry that your thread got derailed with Kifer-noise. But anyway..

Your design is a neat idea ("What if Bellagio, but Continental instead?") but I think you've got two conflicting design concepts in the inlay. Put simply, the font you've used for the Continental logo - and, in fact, the overall design of the logo itself - is a horrible mismatch with the cursive "C" in the faux Bellagio background and the font used for the motto text. The logo is very modern, the Bellagio styling is very classic. The juxtaposition is very jarring.

If it were me, I'd focus on a stand-alone styling for the Continental that plays to the strengths of the concept as presented in the movies. The cut cards that @JeepologyOffroad posted above make a good example. I'd drop the idea of making the chips a Bellagio tribute; I think those are two different ideas that will pull the project in two separate directions.

But that's just me.
62E12656-9BDA-4AD9-B7FC-4BED1DA82DCA.jpeg

But that's just me.
I would like to point out, I didn't cause that much here. It was more @chipinla and @JeepologyOffroad then me.

I get blamed for everything!

Let’s fire em back up for a third time lol
If these run I need a couple. I designed these in 2020 and never did track down samples. Happy to pay for the cards of course.

OP: I'm worried about that small white text on black background. Print these out at actual size and test how legible that is.

If these run I need a couple. I designed these in 2020 and never did track down samples. Happy to pay for the cards of course.

OP: I'm worried about that small white text on black background. Print these out at actual size and test how legible that is.
We will certainly include you, Tim. @JeepologyOffroad and I need to formulate a plan. Trying to determine which chips will be best for your fantastic designs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom