Contest - 9 Dragons Sample Set with Dealer button! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
Win a 9 Dragons Sample Set with Dealer button if you can name this tool!

20150707_205221.jpg

This tool is used in the railroad industry.

20150707_205103.jpg 20150707_205112.jpg 20150707_205125.jpg

The name has two words and the number of letters in each word is shown below.

_ _ _ _ _ _ <space> _ _ _ _ _

Every day that passes, I will fill in one letter. The first person to post the correct name wins the sample set with the dealer button. Shipping worldwide is on me. Good luck!

Sweet! Took me a few minutes to figure out what kind of gauge it was. Thought "flange gauge" fit at first. Googling was a little trickier because "gauge" always brings up narrow, standard or broad when dealing with railroads. I tend to feel like a pretty crappy mechanical engineer when I go and look at what guys working in the 19th century figured out without using computers, modern materials or even electricity.

I passed on the original sample sale, so it will be great to get my hands on some GOCC product for the first time.

Sweet! Took me a few minutes to figure out what kind of gauge it was. Thought "flange gauge" fit at first. Googling was a little trickier because "gauge" always brings up narrow, standard or broad when dealing with railroads. I tend to feel like a pretty crappy mechanical engineer when I go and look at what guys working in the 19th century figured out without using computers, modern materials or even electricity.

I passed on the original sample sale, so it will be great to get my hands on some GOCC product for the first time.

Some parts of the RR still use relays that were first put in service by PRR. (Pennsylvania RR). It's amazing how they were able to send code down the tracks to tell the train what the next signal is and what speed you should be traveling back then. They are slowly updating to modern computerized technology. The down side is that extremely hot days effect the new equipment and often will cause a failure. They started installing ventilation fans and even air conditioners in some locations. The old stuff just works.

Poker table looks nice. Where do you get chips that big?

World's smallest table, right? Figured I should test my skills in some fashion before I tried to staple the cloth on my first topper. I've kept it around. Makes a great background for pictures or just shuffling cards/chips.

That's nice for displaying sample sets. My OCD is making me let you that the cash set is not in order. :cool:

Yeah, I noticed once I pulled it up on the computer... and I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom