Considering yet another tweak to my CPC cash set, seeking opinions (3 Viewers)

raynmanas

Full House
Reaction score
I am doing a small add-on of fracs and $5s in the next CSQ run, and thus started considering if I want to make another small change.

This is my existing lineup. All chips already physically exist, so I am not looking for any overall recommendations, as this is only a potential tweak:

V2.png

And this is the tweak I am considering:

V3.png

Thoughts?

Issues with the existing lineup are:

1) Charcoal is kind of close to imperial blue as a base color. But this is not a huge issue since the $20 is usually the biggest chip on the table and they aren't going to get lost.
2) That said, while I love the chip alone, it doesn't pop enough as what is usually the biggest chip on the table.
3) Repeat edge spot color (gray) w/ the $100.
4) I chose charcoal as the $20 base to additionally accommodate 18xx games because they like gray $20s, but I now realize that was mostly pointless. I don't ever host 18xx games myself, and even if I did, I don't have the rest of the denominations those crazies prefer anyway (they usually like to use all of 1,2,5,10,20,50,100,500,1000,2000 ugh).

Potential issues with the possible replacement:

1) The base color repeats from the frac edge spot color. But I like my fracs and have no desire to change them, and they are not consecutive chips as with the repeat color in the original lineup.
2) Some form of purple now shows up 3 times in the set.

I am open to any other suggestions as well, but again I am only looking to change out the $20 (could also possibly switch it to a $25, but that's not really relevant).

Just my two cents, but I would probably go even brighter/lighter with the 20's to differentiate further. I did a set with Imperial Blue as the 10 denoms years ago and found that not only did the imperial blue sometimes get mixed with the green 25's but even occasionally they got mixed in with the black 100's I made. The darn Imperial blue seems to mix well with most dark colors.

Maybe go with another dayglo color (dayglo green), or yellow as the base? Pink?

Just my two cents, but I would probably go even brighter/lighter with the 20's to differentiate further. I did a set with Imperial Blue as the 10 denoms years ago and found that not only did the imperial blue sometimes get mixed with the green 25's but even occasionally they got mixed in with the black 100's I made. The darn Imperial blue seems to mix well with most dark colors.

Maybe go with another dayglo color (dayglo green), or yellow as the base? Pink?
Agreed. While I love Blurple I think DG green with peacock/Blurple edgespots would look awesome

I'd go with the brightest green CPC has for the base color. And match it with other dayglo colors for the edgespots.

appreciate the suggestions all. i hadn't even considered DG Green as an option because my T25 chip already has a DG base, you guys might be right that it may also make the most sense in this lineup. i'll play around with it a bit. here's an initial though (but definitely don't need to keep the same edge spot pattern):

1653675827100.png

I'm surprised there's that much similar between charcoal and imperial blue, but I can't imagine another blue-based chip with a blue edgespots will cure that issue.

If you wanted to lean into the blurple base I would heavily target more purple in the edgespots.

I'm back with some more thoughts. I might just keep my existing $20, and instead mix it up night-to-night and add secondary options for $25s and $100s as follows:

1655247296600.png

I really like idea of this spot pattern for the $100s (though it makes me wish I stuck with my original 214 frac), but I am not sure I am convinced on the colors, or if there is some good option to add a 3rd color. Anyone have any other ideas for the hundo?

The 100 is interesting, but doesn’t sing to me. Too bad David doesn’t do a 4TA316.

If I may, this direction of the 100 doesn't speak to me personally at all.
I guess it'll potentially stand out and pop on the table but I just can't see it.
Is there even an example of this pattern in existence anyone can link up to? I'm interested to see, maybe I'm wrong about it after all :)

If I may, this direction of the 100 doesn't speak to me personally at all.
I guess it'll potentially stand out and pop on the table but I just can't see it.
Is there even an example of this pattern in existence anyone can link up to? I'm interested to see, maybe I'm wrong about it after all :)

It isn't really singing to me after a few days of consideration either, but I do like the colors. This is where I am currently at for the alternate $100:

1655415006246.png

Last edited:
I think that hundred would look great as a 414418.

I definitely tried that, but I couldn't decide which color to make the 414 and which to make the 418 - neither makes sense to me visually.

Like the spot progression, and the $1 and $100 are great. I think the $5 is too dull though where it sits between the $1 and $25

The $0.25 through $5 already exist, and are not being replaced - they are just included to show the entire progression.

20211121_112306.jpg

But the $5 is actually my favorite chip!

I like your 5 Ray. I’ve been messing with the design tool and my $5 will be something similar - probably a mandirin red base with 412 spots in two colors, just can’t nail down the right two - some combo of pink, purple, and blue. But yours feels familiar to what I’ve been working on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom