Considering my first set (1 Viewer)

chopper320

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I’ve been lurking on this site for a couple of weeks and finally decided to post.

Right now I have a set of the cheapie dice chips for my home games. We generally play tournies but I’m wanting to switch over to cash games and get a nicer set of chips.

I want to play .25/.50 blinds and I will have somewhere between 6-9 players. I really like the Jack Cinci chips especially for the price they are being offered right now by the chip room!
My question is, do you think 2 racks of 25(these will be quarters in my game) 2 racks of 1s and 2 racks of 5s would be a good start?

Additionally, I was thinking this could serve as a .10/.25 set if I switch the 5s over to nickels. That way if the stakes were too high for some of the crowd I could still use this set for the smaller stakes.
Does this sound feasible to you guys?

For a 25/50 game? That's a bank of $1,250 with plenty of quarters. Seems like a great number to me!

Full disclosure, I'm in Frac Rehab, so my opinions don't really matter.

How deep do you think the game will run Eg would most folks end up betting in the dollar range and up after the flop, would there be a lot of rebuys?

Try this:
Poker Set Selection Tool
I think it will be a bit tighter game. It seems like it should be fine for the .25/.50 for the way my crowd plays but I’m questioning if switching the 5s into nickels for a .10/.25 game would work. The bank goes from $1250 to $260. Maybe I just need to find one more chip to fill in for the .10 chip when I play those stakes.

Welcome to PCF Jack (any TCR sale) is a great starter set

You don’t need that many 25 ($25) for 25/50c game

Just get $1/$5/$25/$100 200/200/100/20 and additional 80 more into your workhorse chip and you will have a reliable 600 set that you can play 25c/50c to $1/$2

Also u can play at 10% of the Face value if you think 25c/50c is too high a stake meaning using $1 as 10c there also no issue of bankroll problem this way too

10c/20c can be play this way by dividing all demo by 10

Yes, your 6 racks (2/2/2) will likely work for the stakes you plan to run.

For a future set, look for a 600 chip set that has the following:
100x 0.25
200x 1
200x 5
100x 20 (or 25)

Get the 1-2 set and use the $2 chips as fracs. Plenty of room to grow.

I ended up ordering 200 1s, 200 5s, 180 25s and 20 100s.

I think for the short term I will just use the 25s as quarters for a .25/.50 game but I want to find suitable .5 and .25 fracs for the set eventually so that I don’t have any chips serving double duty.

That a good start to your chipping collection, it is best to go for relabel as a frac option as they are much cheaper this way
That’s kind of what I was thinking. I’m not sure if I have the patience for the murdering process though.

I ended up ordering 200 1s, 200 5s, 180 25s and 20 100s.

I think for the short term I will just use the 25s as quarters for a .25/.50 game but I want to find suitable .5 and .25 fracs for the set eventually so that I don’t have any chips serving double duty.
I was thinking the same thing. Very nice!

I just received my set in the mail today and started cleaning them up this evening. They are cleaning up nicely! I’ll post some pics when I’m finished.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom