Considering a set of CPC's and spent some time on their design tool. Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

kenny

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi All,

Considering ordering my first set of CPCs. Will be a mixed set that can be used for both cash games and tournaments, so I need to run the gamut on the denominations. Will be ordering some samples soon to get an idea of the looks and feel of the molds, but a feel and look similar to THC is ideal, meaning scroll, horsehead, A mold, etc are out. Jockey, B Mold (because of the name of the "poker room") and FDL seem to be the ones I'm gravitating to. Not sure I like the plain white inlay w/ SCA shape. I modeled the inlay after garden city chips.

Thoughts and advice for a CPC order like this?

Thanks!

B mold + white SCA inlay
yA9FsVM.jpg

B mold + full inlay
FXOPXE6.jpg

FDL + full inlay
FxSKhEF.jpg

Jockey + full inlay
WRDGNxj.jpg

Looking good. Before you go much further though, I would calculate the cost and make sure it's in your planned budget. The costs for those high level spots you're using add up quick.

I like the first set posted. They are all nice but the first set just looks the cleanest to me.

Looking good. Before you go much further though, I would calculate the cost and make sure it's in your planned budget. The costs for those high level spots you're using add up quick.

Good points. How the hell is that $1 a level 7!

I like the first set the best too. Cleaner inlay. Others just too busy.

Good points. How the hell is that $1 a level 7!

I think the narrow 1/8 spot is obtained by doing some other type of punch then replacing the extra cuts with the base color... not sure though.

Actually what Krony said^^^

Another vote for the first set - other inlays have too much going on.

You've got some grant chips in your line up! The spots are a bit busy. I'd try to stagger the spot progression a little - you've got a lit of expensive/complex spots quite early on in your progression.

Another vote for the first set - other inlays have too much going on.

You've got some grant chips in your line up! The spots are a bit busy. I'd try to stagger the spot progression a little - you've got a lit of expensive/complex spots quite early on in your progression.

Great points. I may play around with it and try to get a better progression.

Edit: and just noticed 100 and 1,000 are same edge spots, just different colors. need to fix that for sure!

Maybe consider doing separate cash and tourney sets? Do cash $20 and $100 chips with lots of complex spots, then you can 'reset' the spot progression with simpler tourney 25's, 100's and 500's.

Plus I'm sure someone will chime in with the concern of mixing cash and tourney chips.

@kenny I'm in Lakewood near Belmar and my CPC set just shipped today. If you want to take a peak at my set it should be in on the 8th. I have color and mold samples too if you want to take a look.

IMG_0386.jpg

@kenny I'm in Lakewood near Belmar and my CPC set just shipped today. If you want to take a peak at my set it should be in on the 8th. I have color and mold samples too if you want to take a look.

What a small world! Are you going to @justsomedude 's game on sept 30?

How long was the lead time from order to ship?

p.s. love the look of your chips!

What a small world! Are you going to @justsomedude 's game on sept 30?

p.s. love the look of your chips!

My timing was about two months. The problem is the timing depends on when a certain production will be run by CPC for whatever mold you want. For example, I am waiting on a B-Mold set but it is not in the schedule at the moment so I don't know when it will go. @David Spragg may be able to shed more light on that but I bet your order would help move that along if you got it placed soon.

I won't be in town for Andrews game that day but I have played at his house before. We have bought and sold chips and other items from each other as well. He's a great guy.

This will be different for everyone. The molds you are leaning towards only go in once David has enough chips ordered on the mold to justify the installation. Could be very quick, could be a very long time.

Colors and patterns look good. That would need to be a long tournament or have crazy levels or a lot of players to get from 25 all the way to 100k though.

Colors and patterns look good. That would need to be a long tournament or have crazy levels or a lot of players to get from 25 all the way to 100k though.

Hahaha! I probably wouldn't order any 25k or 100k's, but when I was throwing together the template I figured I would design them anyways :)

Hahaha! I probably wouldn't order any 25k or 100k's, but when I was throwing together the template I figured I would design them anyways :)
Careful, that's how I started as well when designing my cash set that will almost never even get a single $100 in play... what's the harm in just mocking up higher denoms? Now my set includes two different versions of both the $500 and $1000.

Really like the first set (y) :thumbsup:

If you haven't felt CPCs before I think you'll be pleased. I snagged a sample set of the Emperor and Imperial set from David and a sample set of @AK Chip 's custom Aurora hot stamps and they are beautiful chips. I loved the colors and the feel of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom