Condado Plaza Error Chip!? (1 Viewer)

dp68094

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I was sifting through my spare BJ Condado Plaza chips and came across this? Looked it up on chip guide and elsewhere... can't find any mention of it. Anyone know anything about it?

Attachments

• 16362200118495927491361317310692.jpg
    16362200118495927491361317310692.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 160
My mistake, those are two separate chips. $5 indicated both sides, was comparing to the $25. Is it possible to swap out centers on a CIC? There's no indication or scratches around the inside diamter, it can be spun, but it's tight with no cracks.

Last edited:
My mistake, those are two separate chips. $5 indicated both sides, was comparing to the $25. Is it possible to swap out centers on a CIC? There's no indication or scratches around the inside diamter, it can be spun, but it's tight with no cracks.

Yes… it is done more often than the collecting world would like. It’s basically why BJ error chips are non existent.

Yes… it is done more often than the collecting world would like. It’s basically why BJ error chips are non existent.
Thanks, makes sense, I guess a $5 coin could have somehow gotten into the $25's but, with a little ingenuity I can see swapping them out too... pobably won't sell like a Nevada Club error chip, lol!

Is it possible to swap out centers on a CIC? There's no indication or scratches around the inside diamter, it can be spun, but it's tight with no cracks.
IMO no -- the plastic is molded around the coin, not the other way around.

once they become loose you can swap out a 5 and 25 center, but it's not easy, I would rather think it's a real error, unless it is a loose coin

once they become loose you can swap out a 5 and 25 center, but it's not easy, I would rather think it's a real error, unless it is a loose coin
I like to think so... if it was swapped out, it was done well. The coin is tight, you can force it to rotate but it takes effort.. I'm going to hang on to it.

Reactions: ovo
I like to think so... if it was swapped out, it was done well. The coin is tight, you can force it to rotate but it takes effort.. I'm going to hang on to it.
if you ever stop loving it, let me know

For anyone who was interested, after expert evaluation by @ovo the answer was A) the center had been popped out and replaced with a fiver....not a very exciting answer, but an answer none the less.

For anyone who was interested, after expert evaluation by @ovo the answer was A) the center had been popped out and replaced with a fiver....not a very exciting answer, but an answer none the less.
well, it was a possibility, so as a collector, I would never try and sell it as an error chip, simply because there is enough doubt, but thanks @dp68094 for being kind enough to send it to me :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom