Comparable 5's to the Point Defiance 5 (1 Viewer)

bricktown88

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey there,

I think I have nearly narrowed down my search for a red 5 for a mixed cash set I am building.

I chose the Sam's Town $1, so I think I am going to follow that mold and go with a hot stamp red 5. I really Like the Point Defiance $5 but there might be something better. I have exhausted my chip searching skills. I am calling upon you guys to hopefully help me think of some alternatives.

I am looking for something similar to a Point Defiance in its colors (I want to avoid having light blue in my $5, which eliminates a TON of really cool chips). I got stuck on a Casablanca 5 for a bit but there is too much yellow in it for my set IMO.
I think I need more WHITE tones in the chip and something that mellows out the loudness of the Sam's Town. I could potentially make any spot pattern work. I am not completely opposed to an inlay.

Potential ideal chip = red, dark red, (purple okay?) with strong white, little to no light blue, hot stamp (inlay potentially okay too), Paulson..

Anyone have any ideas?

Inlay, but Golden Broken Arrow $5

Best pic I found of them:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/media/goldenbrokenarrows4.1629/

Those are pretty amazing. The inlay works well with the Sams Town 1 hot stamp as well, IMO. Definitely keep that in mind. I'd love to see a pic of it up next to my 1's... my only minor knock on it is the spots are similar to the Sams Town. (I don't know the spot terminology but both of them have 4 spots, with this one having the 4 split in half) Was hoping to have a completely different spot pattern for each denom but these could work.

Hey man, this isn't me being rude: if I were you I would hold off on purchasing anything and think about what you really want for a little bit. I know you have been a long-time window shopper according to you intro post, but there are so many chips out there. If you hang around here for at least a month then you will start to get a much better feel for what is immediately available.

It just seems like you are jumping in half-cocked with no real plan......that is a recipe for failure whether you are building a chip set or building an IKEA cabinet. Develop a plan first and then create an incredible set. Please keep asking questions, but ruminate on them a bit. I'm glad you are posting on the forum - you are bringing in picture threads that are helping me in my search for chips for a set (y) :thumbsup:.

Here are some other threads with pictures of the Golden Broken Arrow $5s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom