Compact way to transport 900 chips (1 Viewer)

Brantof

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi, in ten days i'm going to a trip and i need to bring my chips with me, currently i have a set of 920 chips from tina and and no way to transport it.
Unfortunatly i don't have closed racks where i can put the chips inside and then throw them at the bottom of my backpack. The chips are going to be with me all the time and i'm going to travel by train so i don't realy have the problem of them be thrown around and possibly brake. I also don't have the problem of the weight of the chips, it is going to be about 10Kg (25lbs i think), i can have them in my backpack without any problem but they are almost surely going to be in the other bag that i'm going to bring with me which has wheels.
In a few words i need the most compact way to transport 900 chips. Protection isn't a problem and neither is weight.
Do you guys have any tips?

I’d consider just trying to use ziplock freezer bags - fill the bottom of each one with chips (probably a stack of like 80ish,) roll the bag up and then you’d have 10 or 12 chip logs that you could band together in the bottom of your bag or backpack?

The thing is, 900 chips take up a lot of space, and 900 chips in any kind of protective case is going to take up A LOT of space. If you don’t mind carrying a whole other separate big heavy case, sure, go with a Versa or the kind of Apache/pelican cases that people here like. Otherwise, good luck. I’ll add two things:
1) 900 chips is a lot of chips. Way way more than you’d need for a single table cash table, and probably enough for a 3-table tournament. Do you really need to travel with that many chips?
2) if you do buy a case, make sure it’s a good one. The cheapies tend to have garbage handles and hinges. Personally I say they’re perfect for in-home storage. But they’re a recipe for disaster for real traveling.

I’d consider just trying to use ziplock freezer bags - fill the bottom of each one with chips (probably a stack of like 80ish,) roll the bag up and then you’d have 10 or 12 chip logs that you could band together in the bottom of your bag or backpack?

The thing is, 900 chips take up a lot of space, and 900 chips in any kind of protective case is going to take up A LOT of space. If you don’t mind carrying a whole other separate big heavy case, sure, go with a Versa or the kind of Apache/pelican cases that people here like. Otherwise, good luck. I’ll add two things:
1) 900 chips is a lot of chips. Way way more than you’d need for a single table cash table, and probably enough for a 3-table tournament. Do you really need to travel with that many chips?
2) if you do buy a case, make sure it’s a good one. The cheapies tend to have garbage handles and hinges. Personally I say they’re perfect for in-home storage. But they’re a recipe for disaster for real traveling.
I already had in mind the ziplock bags, it is my last hope if i don't find anything better in time.
I've considered travelling with less chips but i'm stupid and i like to complicate things.
I've also seen a pelican like case here at a local shop, it costs 50-60€ but as you said it takes a lot of space. I was thinking of buying the smaller version and remove the inside foam to fit them in a smaller case.

I’d say paper chip boxes inside your luggage would work well. Wernke boxes or CPC boxes.

I use a versa case that looks like an aluminum birdcage when I travel.

I was thinking of buying the smaller version and remove the inside foam to fit them in a smaller case.
That might be a good solution.
Hinges, latches, handle - I think that’s all that matters. People around here love to overdo it with padding and super-secure waterproof cases. Because we love to overdo everything! But if you’re carrying it yourself, I’d just look for something as light and small as possible that won’t fall apart. Because poker chips really aren’t fragile.

It won’t help you for this trip but, IMO and taking into consideration all factors involved with traveling with a 1000 chips in tow, your best bet is the Jack’s Viper case. I loved the first one I bought so much that I bought a second one. Prices are in AUD so you have to convert to see what it is in your currency.

https://www.jackspoker.com.au/the-viper-1000-chip-poker-case-no-chips

This case is really awesome, i think i’ll buy it in the future
They look great, are very well made and so far (almost a year on the first one) super durable. I use it all the time and have had no issues or complaints. The shoulder strap is so useful too. All around it is worth every penny including shipping cost from AUS.

They look great, are very well made and so far (almost a year on the first one) super durable. I use it all the time and have had no issues or complaints. The shoulder strap is so useful too. All around it is worth every penny including shipping cost from AUS.
I've checked and unfortunately they don't ship here to Italy. Do you know any other site that sells that case?

I've checked and unfortunately they don't ship here to Italy. Do you know any other site that sells that case?
Wow, that is odd. No other sites that I know of. Maybe you could get one of our Aussie members to reship it to you. You could post a wanted ad to see if one could/would do it for you.

Wow, that is odd. No other sites that I know of. Maybe you could get one of our Aussie members to reship it to you. You could post a wanted ad to see if one could/would do it for you.
Thanks for the tip, i think that's what i'm gonna do

Here's an alternative, also by Versa: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L8LLCR8

You said you don't have closed racks, but do you have cardboard chip boxes or regular acrylic chip racks? One thing you can do is put 100 chips in each rack, then wrap them all with the clothes you already plan to bring you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom