Community feedback on my design please? (1 Viewer)

QuadNines

Pair
Reaction score
Seeking feedback on the below.... all constructive help is welcome..!

Based on the games we tend to play, and the fact that this is a "once ever" purchase for our poker group, we are going direct to Tina for a 1,000 chip Cards mold buy.

@mattross1313 is helping us incorporate our Country Club's logo into an inlay that is somewhat of a tribute to the Dunes chips (has a silhouette of a green / flag / etc)...

We intend to use these chips for both cash games and the occasional tournaments we play...

Plan is to use the greens as 25, blues as 50, black as 100, orange as 500, and pinks as 1000 - using them as both 25c / T25, 50c / T50, $1.00 / T100, $5.00 T500, and $10.00 / T1,000

Not the preferred method for most of you I know, but its what we need to do.. Any serious flaws there? I also recognize there's not a "real" need for both quarters and 50centers, nor both 5's and 10's... but its our set up... lol

We play a lot of $40 or $50 buy in cash games and there's usually about $400 on the table to start... I figure with this set, we could cover 40+ buy ins for a $40 cash game, 30 or so at $50. We could also cover about 30+ for a tournament (rare, but occasionally)...

At the end of the day, we know we have "way too many chips" - but that's not a bad thing from what I now understand from being on PCF for several weeks now...

Hoping the community has some constructive criticism / suggestions on the chip layouts below...!

Thanks!

Unknown.png
Unknown-1.png
Unknown-2.png
Unknown-3.png
Unknown-4.png

Last edited:
I hate your structure. The chips are pretty though. But seriously don’t combine cash and tourney sets and for the love of god don’t have a 50 chip.

$40 buy in = 6 @ 25c + 7 @ 50c + 10 @ $1.00 + 3 @ $5.00+ 1 @ $10.00
$50 buy in = 6 @ 25c + 7 @ 50c + 10 @ $1.00 + 5 @ $5.00+ 1 @ $10.00
T5,000 = 6 @ T25 + 7 @ T50 + 10 @ T100 + 5 @ T500 + 1 @ T1000

What's to hate..? It works fine...

If we had unlimited funds for multiple sets... sure... but for what we play, this works more than fine....

Don’t double dip cash and tournament when the values are different.

Check out this post by BGinGA:
Post in thread 'T- Base Preference for Tournaments'
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/t-base-preference-for-tournaments.64499/post-1278213

You need to add a T.25-base option so you can offer cash-value stack events. :)

Our $50 re-buy event (100bb, with .25/.50 opening blinds) was a big hit with the players. Best part is that you can also just make it a 3-hour timed session and finish without having to play down to just one player (all remaining players cash in their stacks).

Here’s how you do it:
Post in thread 'T- Base Preference for Tournaments'
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/t-base-preference-for-tournaments.64499/post-1278345

required chip set:
120 x T.25
170 x T1
100 x T5 (includes 40x for T.25/T1 color-ups)
10 x T25 (allows up to 5 re-buys)
---------
400 chips

Merged with the PCF 600:
Single-table cash set (25c/50c to 1/2): 100/200/260/40, 600 chips

You just need:
120 25¢
200 $1
260 $5
40 $25

620 chips and you’re good.

You could expand that to
120 25¢
200 $1
260 $5
100 $25
100 $100

For 780 chips and be really covered. Or by a few extras of each to protect against loss and shipment damage.

Or get a PCF 600 cash set and a 400 chip tournament set.

Better, safer, options.

Last edited:
Agreed with the above statements about separating the tourney and cash chips. I imagine you’d be much less on edge every night you host without worrying that a player would bring a tourney chip into the cash game. If youre doing a Tina order you can probably be smart about your breakdown to squeeze out a cash and tourney set with 1,000 chips or bump up your order without a huge increase in cost. After all, the more chips the better ;)

I failed to mention I think the chip designs are great. Especially love the blue chip. Id be careful with the last two colors (pink and red) blending too close together.

Probably should have just asked for opinions on the chip designs... lol..

I've read and re-read the various threads about chip sets / denoms, etc. All great, well defended perspectives. Before I order, I'll consider the set makeups, etc.

In the meantime, I appreciate as much feedback as possible on the set colors / spots / design in general...!!

Thanks in advance...!!

Like the brightness of the pink and green chips! Although personally the black chip doesn't seem fitting to be the 3rd value chip in the set

Agreed with the above statements about separating the tourney and cash chips. I imagine you’d be much less on edge every night you host without worrying that a player would bring a tourney chip into the cash game. If youre doing a Tina order you can probably be smart about your breakdown to squeeze out a cash and tourney set with 1,000 chips or bump up your order without a huge increase in cost. After all, the more chips the better ;)
Second this, though it sounds like your mind is made up. Still if it's one table you can definitely make a 500 chip cash/500 chip tourney set work. At Tina prices you should be able to bump both of those up to 600/650 and be living the life of Riley. But it's your cash money so you do you.

Design wise I think there's a bit too much purple/blue going on. Outside the Green chip, it's Blue base then purple/blue spots, purple/blue spots, purple/blue spots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom