Coming Soon!!! (9 Viewers)

Which purple? See post #373 for current photos.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have no idea how well a barrel will fit in the racks I have, as I only have 10 chips. But I'm sure Apache will be able to recommend something (assuming it's not in an earlier post).

I stand by my earlier statement...for the price, these are fine china clays. None of my samples are perfect. Your preference will depend on what you like.

I can fit 21 Majestics snugly in these racks:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008X9I958?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

None of my (almost) 500 chips are perfect either, but they are a great value for the price IMO. They should hold me over nicely after selling my PCRs until the bug bites me again and/or actually start hosting games more than a couple times a year.

First impressions of the 10-chip sample
  • These chips are light. They may be lighter than my ASM / CPC samples. This is a slight detriment, as they don't feel as 'solid' as the other chips. Might just be where I'm not used to them, though, as I'm used to using 10g chips.
Some more details about the weight would be highly welcome ... ;)

I don't have a precision scale, so I can't measure the weight accurately. But I would say they are in the 8.5g - 9g range. The Hobbyphilic channel on Youtube also just posted a review, and he weighs them as part of the review.

My chips arrived today, right on time. While I haven't cracked every roll open, so far they all look to be in good condition. Man these chips are everything I hoped they would be. I haven't noticed any problems with the chips, other than a little discoloration here and there on the blanks, but it is where the sticker will go, and even without that it is very minor.

All in all, I am quite pleased with this purchase, and I look forward to more of this kind of thing in the future. Anyone have any good tips on how to best clean these things? I have blanks and labeled ones, so I've just been using a baby wipe to give each chip a quick once over to get the dust off. I've only done a few so far, because time and children run away from me. Often. They do look good on my Faro layout though.

Attachments

• IMG_20151210_210436.jpg
    IMG_20151210_210436.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 260
For some reason mine were shipped FedEx... unfortunate as the USPS loves me. USPS would have arrived today, FedEx delivery initially showed Friday and has been bumped back to Monday. These things are gonna be old news by the time I get mine and get them cleaned and labeled ;)

Still excited to see how my alternate colored cash set ends up looking :)

They do look good on my Faro layout though.

I know guys who have a slot machine in their poker room, but this is taking it to the next level. Not even sure how to play, isn't it banked like baccarat?

I know guys who have a slot machine in their poker room, but this is taking it to the next level. Not even sure how to play, isn't it banked like baccarat?

It is banked. I was really into Old West gambling games for a while, so I had a layout made. The short and sweet summery is roulette with cards and a lower house edge.

Hello guys.

I received mine yesterday.

Bad surprise for me when the postman arrived... I had extra taxes to pay as I bought those chips outside EU ( customs fees ) : 100 euros extra.

Just to give an idea for a european who would take them :
Total for the 850 chips : $379.50 + $108.685 = $488 Total

Here is a small video I made today : ( I am really happy of what I got )

152429signature.jpg

Last edited:
What I'm saying is for a business to come out and say "Absolutely nothing we can do about it." is a joke. There is plenty you can do about it when it's your money. That attitude might very well sway the sample set I have ordered that I intended to turn into a 3,000 chip blank for custom labels to a different vender.

Edit ... This is why I ordered samples and didn't pre order. I'm glad I did. Major size differences isn't minor imperfections in my eyes. Im willing to pay more per chip to know I'm getting what I want, not hoping for the best. I'm glad things are getting better, but their not there yet. A positive attitude toward refining the product would go a long way, even if the end result is China doing what China wants anyway.

Delusional; this one is... Understands how the world works; this one does not...

Thinking about ordering a set of Majestic China Clay blanks and doing a tribute to the Rounders chips, but with a donkey instead of a bear as the inserts. Something like this... thoughts?

Attachments

• donkchips2.jpg
    donkchips2.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 248
  • donkeychips.jpg
    donkeychips.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 236
OK, please keep me apprised. Order on the launching pad, want to get it right.

I've received all of my chips and finally had some time to examine them closely. The labels are nominally 1" but inlay area is more like 0.995" and the factory labels are like 0.985" (normal tolerances.) However IMO the factory labels are slightly too large in a good portion of the chips. The variations in chip diameters reported earlier in this thread and elsewhere probably manifest themselves as variations in inlay diameter as well. I would cut labels for these at no more than 0.980" -- but having said that, if anyone is ordering labels from me, just tell me what chips they're for and I will cut them the right size. For designing, I would aim at 0.98". (Nominally 1" is fine too.)

My hundos suffer from the same problem, as do my blues (which I will use for 5k's).
As you can see from my third picture, the purple, green and yellow chips are very uniform.

This was my observation as well. All colors have pretty consistent diameters, except for blue and black. (I only have one each of pink and brown, so I can't speak to those.)

Big kudos to Josh. Immediate reply to my email and sent replacements for the whopping 2 out of 2250 chips that were damaged in shipping.

I can beat that - Josh shipped 5500 chips to me, in four separate packages, and all 5500 arrived intact. No damage or loss whatsoever. (The USPS box was over a week late, but that's not Josh's fault!)

Some more details about the weight would be highly welcome ... ;)

See this post.

Thinking about ordering a set of Majestic China Clay blanks and doing a tribute to the Rounders chips, but with a donkey instead of a bear as the inserts. Something like this... thoughts?

I'm thinking about making a "Canadian Rounders" set similar to one that Racer96 did a while back, but I think Donkey Rounders is a good idea too!

Let me know when you're ready to pull the trigger on labels and I can hook you up with sample set and/or a quote.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom