Coming soon (hopefully)! Flying Submarine Tournament Relabels [*Slow roll warning*] (1 Viewer)

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Original chips: Bud Jones San Juan Inter-Continentals
Label Designer: @p5woody (denominated chips) and @timinater (Bounties/Seating Chips)
Labels: @Gear
Other technical details: @Tommy, @Moxie Mike
Cut cards: @MatB

Current status (07/28/20):
  • Chips acquired
    • De-labeling chips ✓DONE
    • Going to lightly sand and then clean (to remove any sanding dust and also any label or glue residue) (in progress)
    • @Gear has color matched the label on a chip that was changed out and tweaked @timinater's work ✓DONE
    • @timinater finished the bounty/seating chip labels ✓DONE
  • Acquired custom chip case
    • Need some angle grinding for the inside. Then sand and repaint. (Angle grinding done, sanding in progress, need to paint)
    • Need to design custom foam from https://mycasebuilder.com/ (thanks for the advice, @Moxie Mike!)
  • Custom cut cards ✓DONE
Currently, there are 700 less Inter-Continentals in the world.

IMG_20200623_192925177.jpg
IMG_20200625_090829398.jpg

Last edited:
625 naked Inter-Continentals (75 to go) waiting on new threads from @Gear.

IMG_20200702_154850115~2.jpg

Of course, Gear can't print new labels until he color matches the T25k I mailed him last week, which likely won't arrive for another week or more.

Why change a chip so late in the game? I didn't intend to, but I messed up. I have extras of most of the denoms used. Another PCFer was looking for chips I had, so I sold him what I thought was an extra barrel... And before they shipped, I found 19 more. But when I started pulling off labels, I realized that the 39 chips I sold were not extras. I offered a refund and to pay for return shipping, but the buyer had already relabeled them into his cash set... So I went with plan B. Glad I had enough secondaries to make this work...

Need to clean glue residue with some good be gone, and I plan to sand these to be equal in grip to Paulsons before new labels go on.

What do we want? Label design pictures!

When do we want them? Now! (Please.)

What do we want? Label design pictures!

When do we want them? Now! (Please.)

Only three four chippers in the world have seen the design. One is @p5woody who made the design and the other is @Gear who is fine tuning them before production. (I guess @Quicksilver-75 started the design and saw an early version.)

I'm keeping the designs close to the vest for now, but the cut cards are out in the wild... It's a good hint as to what the chips will look like.

Well teased, sir. Well teased.

Look forward to seeing them.

Last of the chips to be delivered tomorrow... 75 more labels to remove. Then need to clean all the residue off.

Waiting on U.S. Customs to get that new sample to @Gear for color matching, Soni can order the new labels.

So one of the complaints about plastic chips in general is that they are slippery. Using @Poker Zombie's idea, I am going to sand these down so they are not so slippery.

I used a barrel of Paulsons as a control and compared it with a barrel of each of the chips I am using. I placed them on a plank and measured the height of the top of the plank when the stack toppled, then I averaged the three scores. Here are the results:

1595954596470.png

I've got some work to do to get most of the colors grippier... I expected the newer black chips to score well, and they did. I noticed the placement of one chip in the barrel could cause different results. Its not perfect, but it gives me an idea of where I am at.

More results to come after sanding...

Big steps today! I had my mechanic do some work to the interior of the case with an angle grinder. @Tommy also got me the last piece of information for the exterior of the case, and @Moxie Mike helped with the case foam. The case is really taking shape!

And other than a small color tweak, @timinater finished the Bounty and seating chips. As soon as @Gear completes the color match, labels will be ready to print... Lots to do before those come in!

So one of the complaints about plastic chips in general is that they are slippery. Using @Poker Zombie's idea, I am going to sand these down so they are not so slippery.

I used a barrel of Paulsons as a control and compared it with a barrel of each of the chips I am using. I placed them on a plank and measured the height of the top of the plank when the stack toppled, then I averaged the three scores. Here are the results:

View attachment 499097

I've got some work to do to get most of the colors grippier... I expected the newer black chips to score well, and they did. I noticed the placement of one chip in the barrel could cause different results. Its not perfect, but it gives me an idea of where I am at.

More results to come after sanding...

Here we go! @timinater recommended checking/tweaking some design elements. @Gear has done that, and also tweaked a couple nit picks that I had with the chips. He also made some changes that I didn't know needed to be done and color matched the replacement chips. I gave him the thumbs up (by paying the invoice) today!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom