Coming Soon: Bulk Pricing and a Possible Group Buy

What is your level of interest in an organized group buy in the next 30-60 days?

• 100% Interested

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Very Interested

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Moderately Interested

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone so far for their interest and encouragement as we finalize the design for our stackable trays, and special thanks to @sheikh617 for working with us on the design of his product.

I'm working with the builder to get some bulk pricing options, and to explore the possibility of a group buy where all participants will earn a discount.

So what I'd like to use this thread for is to informally gauge interest from those who may be interested in purchasing a tray as part of a group buy. At this point, no commitment to buy is being solicited - our only goal right now is to determine the level of interest and feasibility of a bulk purchase.

We are working on a larger size tray to offer a second size option.

Anticipated discount: 8-11% based on quantity. Mix and match doesn't affect volume discount.

As a point of reference, here is the current price list for a one-off:

Base prices:
Stained tray with matching tempered glass top: $194 (with or without standard handles)
Stained tray with matching solid wood top (no glass): $150
Stained tray with no top: $102.50

(no stain = $4 off)

Additional options (no discounts available):
Custom stain (includes consultation, creation and shipping of samples and application): $50
Custom Premium Polyethylene Foam: $51 (available in 4 colors: red, yellow, blue and black)
White LED lights in lid (requires purchase of glass lid): $55
SSC tray liner: $10

Prices do not include shipping.

Any feedback is welcome.

Finally: Requisite pron:

IMG_20190814_163254256.jpg

68676368_10205930826986357_6465289192078311424_n.jpg

IMG_20190811_141511336.jpg

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Looks great. What are the dimensions and how many chips can each tray hold?
How many chips do they hold?
Thanks for your interest. These trays are 14 1/2" x 17" by 4" tall. They will hold a max of 640 chips or a combination of chips and other items like in @sheikh617's product.

We're also developing a larger unit that will hold 800 chips per tray. More on that next week.

aaronroch

Two Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike,
Why are these so tall? I was surprised at 4”, i was expecting half that for the ‘standard’ case... what am I missing?
-Aaron

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Aaron,

Thanks for your interest.

To answer your question, the bottom of the tray is 1/2" above the bottom of the sides of the tray and is 1/2" in thickness, and the foam bottom is also 1/2" thick. So that only leaves 2.5" of storage in the tray. Many items such as plaques, jetons, etc. are in that ballpark in terms of width, so that's why the tray depth is built that way.

Last edited:

aaronroch

Two Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the minimum height to store 39mm/43mm chips only and still allow the top or another tray to stack cleanly on top would be, I think, between 2.5 and 2.75 inches?

EDIT: I ask b/c I think my “perfect” version of this would include one 4” tray and one minimum-height tray. I suspect I’m not the only one that thinks that.

Last edited:

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
So the minimum height to store 39mm/43mm chips only and still allow the top or another tray to stack cleanly on top would be, I think, between 2.5 and 2.75 inches?

EDIT: I ask b/c I think my “perfect” version of this would include one 4” tray and one minimum-height tray. I suspect I’m not the only one that thinks that.
The trays are designed to potentially accommodate a variety of items, including racks of chips (if no foam is in place).

With no foam in the tray, you would have 3" to work with. There is also 1/2" between the bottom of the tray and the bottom of the panel, so there's a little room to work with there too if you stack them. The lid has more than 1/2" of space to work with - I'd have to ask the builder how much extra room it allows for.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'minimum height tray'. Are you referring the width of a 39mm chip (roughly 1 1/2")? The tray would still need to be 2 1/2" tall when you consider the bottom, and you have to put them in something, whether it's foam, a rack or whathaveyou. If you used foam for example, you would need a tray that's 3" tall if you wanted the chips flush with the top of the tray.

I don't know how a 3" tray would look sitting on top of a 4" tray - but I think it might look kind of odd.

BarrieJ3

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if there might be any update as to a possible timeline for when a GB might be in the works?

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having some difficulty envisioning how all of this fits together....

Am I correct in assuming that one could purchase several trays, stacked and topped with a covered tray (either solid or w/glass)? Obviously any single one of those items could be purchased (I think).

An exploding-view pic or pictures would be helpful (to me, at least). Also a bit confused regarding the hardware -- are there also different options on the tray handles (wood, metal, or rope)?

Workmanship looks top-notch, Mike. :tup:

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These trays are 14 1/2" x 17" by 4" tall. They will hold a max of 640 chips or a combination of chips and other items
Is that 640 chips per tray with the foam insert? And 600 chips (in racks) with no foam? Or 600 chips per two-tray case? Still confused....

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Was wondering if there might be any update as to a possible timeline for when a GB might be in the works?
Thanks for your continued interest. I was hoping to get a group buy/bulk discount thing around by the beginning of September but an opportunity came up to acquire the foam and get it machined locally, which will present a small cost savings and improved turnaround time.

So there was a delay while we worked on a prototype, which is just about done now.

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I'm having some difficulty envisioning how all of this fits together....

Am I correct in assuming that one could purchase several trays, stacked and topped with a covered tray (either solid or w/glass)? Obviously any single one of those items could be purchased (I think).

An exploding-view pic or pictures would be helpful (to me, at least). Also a bit confused regarding the hardware -- are there also different options on the tray handles (wood, metal, or rope)?

Workmanship looks top-notch, Mike. :tup:
Sorry for the confusion. To clarify:

The trays are stackable and secures firmly to one another via a lip on the inside perimeter of the tray. The same functionality secures the lid to the tray.

68476059_10205930826466344_5880407542210756608_n.jpg

Trays can be purchased in as many quantities as desired.

Lids come in two varieties, tempered glass and solid maple top. While we can sell a lid as a standalone product, it is better to buy the lid with a tray, since the lid is grain-matched to the tray it accompanies:

IMG_20190814_163203921.jpg

Standard handle options are wood and leather rope. We can also use drawer pulls if desired however that's more difficult to standardize since we don't maintain an inventory and would be more of a custom option. We can also supply the trays with no handle at all, so a customer could drill the holes and install their own.

One more thing about the handles... regardless of how many trays you stack they are not intended to be transported in large stacks. We haven't load tested the handles beyond one fully loaded tray w/ a lid.

Thanks for the kind words on the craftsmanship - I wish I could take credit but I only contributed to the design. The builder is a very talented woodworker.

*One slightly unusual aspect of @sheikh617's project was that we used tiger-stripe maple on the lid - originally he wanted just a clearcoat so TSM made sense - but later decided he wanted the product stained to match his poker table.

Is that 640 chips per tray with the foam insert? And 600 chips (in racks) with no foam? Or 600 chips per two-tray case? Still confused....
The 14.5"x17" trays can hold a max of 32 standard barrels... so yes 640 chips. Obviously other configuration options will skew the chip capacity. You could also work a few more chips in by removing the three horizontal dividers (5 mm) from the foam design.

1569176600660.png

We're working on a larger optional size - same concept just a little wider. More on this soon. Custom options are also available.

With no foam, the current tray size will (awkwardly) store around 6 racks with room for other stuff as well. Please keep in mind these weren't designed to be used without foam - although that's feasible if someone were so inclined. We also have an SSC lined panel we offer that can be used as a bottom.

I gave the builder some no-name acrylic racks and some spirit molds to use as placeholders... I imagine the 24010s would fit similarly.

IMG_20190811_141447158.jpg

Thanks for your questions and interest, @BGinGA. Let me know if anything else comes up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom