Coming Soon: Bulk Pricing and a Possible Group Buy

What is your level of interest in an organized group buy in the next 30-60 days?

• 100% Interested

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Very Interested

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Moderately Interested

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

Moxie Mike

Straight
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone so far for their interest and encouragement as we finalize the design for our stackable trays, and special thanks to @sheikh617 for working with us on the design of his product.

I'm working with the builder to get some bulk pricing options, and to explore the possibility of a group buy where all participants will earn a discount.

So what I'd like to use this thread for is to informally gauge interest from those who may be interested in purchasing a tray as part of a group buy. At this point, no commitment to buy is being solicited - our only goal right now is to determine the level of interest and feasibility of a bulk purchase.

We are working on a larger size tray to offer a second size option.

Anticipated discount: 8-11% based on quantity. Mix and match doesn't affect volume discount.

As a point of reference, here is the current price list for a one-off:

Base prices:
Stained tray with matching tempered glass top: $194 (with or without standard handles)
Stained tray with matching solid wood top (no glass): $150
Stained tray with no top: $102.50

(no stain = $4 off)

Additional options (no discounts available):
Custom stain (includes consultation, creation and shipping of samples and application): $50
Custom Premium Polyethylene Foam: $51 (available in 4 colors: red, yellow, blue and black)
White LED lights in lid (requires purchase of glass lid): $55
SSC tray liner: $10

Prices do not include shipping.

Any feedback is welcome.

Finally: Requisite pron:

IMG_20190814_163254256.jpg

68676368_10205930826986357_6465289192078311424_n.jpg

IMG_20190811_141511336.jpg

Moxie Mike

Straight
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Looks great. What are the dimensions and how many chips can each tray hold?
How many chips do they hold?
Thanks for your interest. These trays are 14 1/2" x 17" by 4" tall. They will hold a max of 640 chips or a combination of chips and other items like in @sheikh617's product.

We're also developing a larger unit that will hold 800 chips per tray. More on that next week.

aaronroch

Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike,
Why are these so tall? I was surprised at 4”, i was expecting half that for the ‘standard’ case... what am I missing?
-Aaron

Moxie Mike

Straight
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Aaron,

Thanks for your interest.

To answer your question, the bottom of the tray is 1/2" above the bottom of the sides of the tray and is 1/2" in thickness, and the foam bottom is also 1/2" thick. So that only leaves 2.5" of storage in the tray. Many items such as plaques, jetons, etc. are in that ballpark in terms of width, so that's why the tray depth is built that way.

Last edited:

aaronroch

Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the minimum height to store 39mm/43mm chips only and still allow the top or another tray to stack cleanly on top would be, I think, between 2.5 and 2.75 inches?

EDIT: I ask b/c I think my “perfect” version of this would include one 4” tray and one minimum-height tray. I suspect I’m not the only one that thinks that.

Last edited:

Moxie Mike

Straight
Site Vendor
Reaction score
So the minimum height to store 39mm/43mm chips only and still allow the top or another tray to stack cleanly on top would be, I think, between 2.5 and 2.75 inches?

EDIT: I ask b/c I think my “perfect” version of this would include one 4” tray and one minimum-height tray. I suspect I’m not the only one that thinks that.
The trays are designed to potentially accommodate a variety of items, including racks of chips (if no foam is in place).

With no foam in the tray, you would have 3" to work with. There is also 1/2" between the bottom of the tray and the bottom of the panel, so there's a little room to work with there too if you stack them. The lid has more than 1/2" of space to work with - I'd have to ask the builder how much extra room it allows for.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'minimum height tray'. Are you referring the width of a 39mm chip (roughly 1 1/2")? The tray would still need to be 2 1/2" tall when you consider the bottom, and you have to put them in something, whether it's foam, a rack or whathaveyou. If you used foam for example, you would need a tray that's 3" tall if you wanted the chips flush with the top of the tray.

I don't know how a 3" tray would look sitting on top of a 4" tray - but I think it might look kind of odd.

Top Bottom