Color identification thread (pron?) (2 Viewers)

oh ok, thank you!
Yeah sorry, I was not aware of that thread and franky should have known better.

Last edited:
Yellow and Canary Yellow are very similar -- Canary is slightly more saturated, but almost impossible to distinguish from Yellow unless the chips are directly compared. Most apparent in bright natural sunlight.

Ok, that is helpful, thank you. I guess I'll just have to buy and sell what des not match later.

If only solid (canary) yellows were easier to get...

Ok, that is helpful, thank you. I guess I'll just have to buy and sell what des not match later.

If only solid (canary) yellows were easier to get...

Regular Yellow solids weren't particularly hard to obtain about 2 years ago, but then all of a sudden everybody wanted them at the same time and competition got fierce.

Bad time to build a (semi) solids set around flamingo $1s... I realized that a little too late.
IMG_20201204_160925.jpg

It's also true that while there are only so many official Paulson colors, there is WAY MORE variation in color from batch to batch of yellow chips out in the wild, due to things like age, sun exposure, use/wear, cleaning method (or not), etc. etc. etc.

If having (say) a rack of chips that all look the same is important to you, then building it piecemeal will likely not be satisfactory. You will need to buy a rack of the same chips all at once.

It is probably "Yellow". Always clean (but not oil) the chip before comparing against a colour sample. Often a shade may vary over time due to environmental exposure and mild surface reaction. These chips may need some magic eraser work after scrubbing.

It is probably "Yellow". Always clean (but not oil) the chip before comparing against a colour sample. Often a shade may vary over time due to environmental exposure and mild surface reaction. These chips may need some magic eraser work after scrubbing.
Ahem, @arch3r ? ;)
I'm familiar with the way of the magic eraser after a personal coaching through pm from @FordPickup92 so I'll get right on it when those bad boys arrive in good old germany.

The Empress Star yellows and Aurora Star tourney yellow is "canary". The Aurora Star cash yellow is "Yellow". Looks like canary from here!
Yes I agree, looks like there is a shade more red in them than the classic yellow. So probably canary, but probably only a good cleaning will show the true color.

What could this color be?
16195099577905967028097169245242.jpg

I figured it was peach but then I saw that these:
AHfhgdo.jpg

D6WdOOy.jpg

I already have a wanted ad out for peach solids, but I might be looking for the wrong color...

Attachments

• IMG_20210427_094834_1.jpg
    IMG_20210427_094834_1.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 87
Yeah I was thinking about that, but arc yellow is so much brighter in person than these... I'm positive any amount of oil would not get them even close.

I'm trying to identify the chip colors in my roulette mold chip set. I don't have a Paulson color sample set, and I only have a few chip set sample sets. I believe I have identified four of the six chip colors, but can anyone help with the others? (EDIT - not sure why my pictures look like garbage. My phone usually takes quite good pictures)

VIaxADi.jpg

I believe the Arc Yellow (CDI05 T1000), Canary Yellow (Aurora Star T1000) and Day Green (Big Top Poker T25) are locked in and identified.

And my pink looks like it matches the CDI05 T25 edge spot. I can’t find anywhere if that edge spot is Hot Pink or Mexican Rose. Does someone know?

vZDRWR0.jpg

My final two chips are tougher. If I had to guess, it would be Plum and Petunia. But I’m just not sure. Here are the closest chips I can find for either, given my limited sample set options.

q4cvZRz.jpg

lchT3Qq.jpg

OAUkuMd.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom