Color identification thread (pron?)

OfficerLovejoy

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
oh ok, thank you!
Yeah sorry, I was not aware of that thread and franky should have known better.

Last edited:

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yellow and Canary Yellow are very similar -- Canary is slightly more saturated, but almost impossible to distinguish from Yellow unless the chips are directly compared. Most apparent in bright natural sunlight.

OfficerLovejoy

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Ok, that is helpful, thank you. I guess I'll just have to buy and sell what des not match later.

If only solid (canary) yellows were easier to get...

allforcharity

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, that is helpful, thank you. I guess I'll just have to buy and sell what des not match later.

If only solid (canary) yellows were easier to get...

Regular Yellow solids weren't particularly hard to obtain about 2 years ago, but then all of a sudden everybody wanted them at the same time and competition got fierce.

OfficerLovejoy

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Bad time to build a (semi) solids set around flamingo $1s... I realized that a little too late.
IMG_20201204_160925.jpg

Gear

Full House
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's also true that while there are only so many official Paulson colors, there is WAY MORE variation in color from batch to batch of yellow chips out in the wild, due to things like age, sun exposure, use/wear, cleaning method (or not), etc. etc. etc.

If having (say) a rack of chips that all look the same is important to you, then building it piecemeal will likely not be satisfactory. You will need to buy a rack of the same chips all at once.

allforcharity

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is probably "Yellow". Always clean (but not oil) the chip before comparing against a colour sample. Often a shade may vary over time due to environmental exposure and mild surface reaction. These chips may need some magic eraser work after scrubbing.

OfficerLovejoy

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
It is probably "Yellow". Always clean (but not oil) the chip before comparing against a colour sample. Often a shade may vary over time due to environmental exposure and mild surface reaction. These chips may need some magic eraser work after scrubbing.
Ahem, @arch3r ? ;)
I'm familiar with the way of the magic eraser after a personal coaching through pm from @FordPickup92 so I'll get right on it when those bad boys arrive in good old germany.

OfficerLovejoy

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
The Empress Star yellows and Aurora Star tourney yellow is "canary". The Aurora Star cash yellow is "Yellow". Looks like canary from here!
Yes I agree, looks like there is a shade more red in them than the classic yellow. So probably canary, but probably only a good cleaning will show the true color.

Top Bottom