Colonoscopy 101 (1 Viewer)

That’s really awesome Mark! I thought I had done pretty good only having one “small” polyp removed. To have zero and be 12 years senior to me is excellent.
Your as tough at the “Butt Doc” as you are on the felt! :p :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I think the horseshoe probably knocked a few polyps out :unsure:

Had my first one in May, upper (history of horrible reflux that i didn't bother to control for 20+ years) and lower (44 but had been having lower right quadrant pain).

Prep and procedure was a nothing burger for me, fortunately. Having a bidet and just patting dry helped me not get raw.

Both results good, no signs of Barrett's and see you in 10 years on the lower.

Colon cancer is becoming more prevalent at younger ages now and the recommendation (as I think someone else mentioned) is to get screened at 45. Been reminding all my friends, lol.

Results are in:
5x boring adenomatous polyps
2x Advanced Adenomatous polyps, the ones that need to be watched.

No cancer, which is a win. I’ll be headed back in 3 years for follow-up to make sure they got everything. Curious to see what the insurance totals are for all of this.

Zero pain or post-op discomfort for the entire process.

Last edited:
Results are in:
5x boring adenomatous polyps
2x Advanced Adenomatous polyps, the ones that need to be watched.

No cancer, which is a win. I’ll be headed back in 3 years for follow-up to make sure they got everything. Curious to see what the insurance totals are for all of this.

Zero pain or post-op discomfort for the entire process.
Should be zero given that this is USPSTF recommended screening assuming you're over 45 (and younger than 75 ;))

When I first time seen title of this thread I thought that someone is in trouble with IRS....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom